OT: Anything Goes 35 - Tony O Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
:laugh:

Has he never flown before? :confused:

I was once on a flight where a bigger guy was next to me, the guy in front of him tried to recline his seat and he literally pushed it back up as he was trying to recline it.

Probably not. I have to fly into Orlando, so it's mostly tourists and kids. Worst airport ever. Don't have to fly home from there, thank god.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
@ChiHawks10 how was the trip?

Outstanding. Had a great time. Beautiful weather. And the entire area is beautiful. Only issue I had was the dozen or so Bahamians on Nassau that kept trying to get me to buy weed and cocaine. :laugh: Almost got to a point where I was about to scream out "No, I don't want to buy your cocaine!" in front of the military guys on the street, just so I could watch one of the f***ers go running. Or see all of them scatter like roaches. Would have been amusing.

Looking at 250 pics I took with the GoPro, while snorkeling, as we speak. Also have 11 videos of it to go through.

Reactions: RayP

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I was once on a flight where a bigger guy was next to me, the guy in front of him tried to recline his seat and he literally pushed it back up as he was trying to recline it.

Probably not. I have to fly into Orlando, so it's mostly tourists and kids. Worst airport ever. Don't have to fly home from there, thank god.

Orlando is rough due to all the families and tourists. We always fly into Tampa or Miami.

Reactions: RayP

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Orlando is rough due to all the families and tourists. We always fly into Tampa or Miami.

Yeah it's pretty terrible. I try to fly into Melbourne or West Palm when visiting the in laws. It's not as long of a drive, but it does require a connection. It's still worth it to avoid Orlando, though.

Outstanding. Had a great time. Beautiful weather. And the entire area is beautiful. Only issue I had was the dozen or so Bahamians on Nassau that kept trying to get me to buy weed and cocaine. :laugh: Almost got to a point where I was about to scream out "No, I don't want to buy your cocaine!" in front of the military guys on the street, just so I could watch one of the ****ers go running. Or see all of them scatter like roaches. Would have been amusing.

Looking at 250 pics I took with the GoPro, while snorkeling, as we speak. Also have 11 videos of it to go through.

Glad to hear. I've never been to the Bahamas.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Planes are super dirty, but I’ve made peace with that. That said, I could go the rest of my life without coming in contact with another person’s foot and be okay with it.

Yeah I'm pretty anti-feet too, to be honest. I've given my wife exactly 0 foot rubs in the 10+ years we've been together.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I never believed anyone would actually do that. I couldn't believe my eyes. I had heard of it before but always called BS.

It was on a flight from Chicago to Hong Kong and they were not next to me. I am pretty anal when I travel and don't understand how people can not wear socks. I wear basically the same thing every time and change into it in the lounge before I get on the plane. People would be amazed how much wearing the right stuff can help make travel more comfortable.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
It was on a flight from Chicago to Hong Kong and they were not next to me. I am pretty anal when I travel and don't understand how people can not wear socks. I wear basically the same thing every time and change into it in the lounge before I get on the plane.

If I"m in business/first class on an international flight I"ll take my shoes off, but still keep socks on. I'm not going to try and sleep with shoes on laying down.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Even see someone clip their toenails on a flight before?

I have.

Shortly after college I was on the couch clipping my toenails, and I put them in an almost empty bag of chips that was sitting on the coffee table. My roommate came in, and I didn’t realize until he started gagging that he poured the toenail/crumbs mixture straight into his mouth. One of the funniest moments of my life.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Shortly after college I was on the couch clipping my toenails, and I put them in an almost empty bag of chips that was sitting on the coffee table. My roommate came in, and I didn’t realize until he started gagging that he poured the toenail/crumbs mixture straight into his mouth. One of the funniest moments of my life.

That's horrifying. :laugh:

I just clip mine in the tub.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
If I"m in business/first class on an international flight I"ll take my shoes off, but still keep socks on. I'm not going to try and sleep with shoes on laying down.

I don't get to travel first class for work (smaller company) but I take my shoes off and have a pair of slide sandals I wear with socks.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

Absolutely amazing.

Reactions: hawksrule

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I don't get to travel first class for work (smaller company) but I take my shoes off and have a pair of slide sandals I wear with socks.

Yeah that's exactly what I do.

That's what we save all our miles for, is to upgrade our international flights when we plan a big trip.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I am fine in Delta comfort or whatever the equivelent is (for work and personal).

Yeah that's what we usually book too.

I won't travel much for work, and unlikely to travel internationally, but anything over 6 hours and I can book a 1st class ticket. I think where my wife works it's only 4 hours, but she's into consulting and the customer covers the price.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Yeah that's what we usually book too.

I won't travel much for work, and unlikely to travel internationally, but anything over 6 hours and I can book a 1st class ticket. I think where my wife works it's only 4 hours, but she's into consulting and the customer covers the price.

My wife flies first class no matter what basically (she is in consulting as well).

I fly 3-4 time a year to Asia (Hong Kong, mainland China, Vietnam) but can only upgrade to comfort or premium. I am fine with it as I do tend to stay at 4/5 star hotels when I am there.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
My wife flies first class no matter what basically (she is in consulting as well).

I fly 3-4 time a year to Asia (Hong Kong, mainland China, Vietnam) but can only upgrade to comfort or premium. I am fine with it as I do tend to stay at 4/5 star hotels when I am there.

I wouldn't want to travel as much as consultants do, too much stuff in my own backyard I enjoy doing. Lots and lots of hours of work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad