OT: Anything Goes 35 - Tony O Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
One you can prevent the other you can't (generally speaking).

If you know you can’t pick up your own bag above your head then check it.

Don’t carry it on, and then two more bags with it.

MileHighHawksFan

When the going gets tough, Hawks fly together!
Jan 16, 2012
Denver, CO
I wouldn't want to travel as much as consultants do, too much stuff in my own backyard I enjoy doing. Lots and lots of hours of work.

Definitely a lot of travel, my buddy is in it and traveled constantly his first 2 years but now for the most part he gets to work remote from his place. Dude actually was able to work and go on tour with his band for a month, f***ing legend. Seems like an outlier from what I hear though.

Reactions: RayP

Ace Rothstein

Aces High
Mar 13, 2012
I blame the airlines who now charge $50 a bag to check them.
The bag fees are out of control. We probably just dropped close to $500 on bag fees flying to/from and within Europe. My wife's company is paying for it as a few days of the trip was for her work but that amount is just insane.

Reactions: hawksrule

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I only fly every couple of years. When did the bag fees come back? Didn't it used to be standard that most airlines let you check a bag

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
With a decent airline credit card it’s easy to avoid bag fees for the most part while getting a few other benefits.

Ace Rothstein

Aces High
Mar 13, 2012
I only fly every couple of years. When did the bag fees come back? Didn't it used to be standard that most airlines let you check a bag
Think about a decade now. It was originally only on domestic flights as well but has since spread to basically every flight with Southwest being the only exception across the board.

Reactions: b1e9a8r5s

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Avengers: Endgame was a really good movie. Ended things well for me at least.

One question: why isn’t Captain Marvel around more? Seems like she could have prevented a lot.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Avengers: Endgame was a really good movie. Ended things well for me at least.

One question: why isn’t Captain Marvel around more? Seems like she could have prevented a lot.

Two big things:

1-They didn't know much about her character at this point. In fact, she shot this movie before the script for Captain Marvel was even ready to go. So, they probably didn't want to involve her too much.

2-This story is meant to focus on the people who have been around for a long time - especially the original 6 Avengers. So, they took her out of the story more. She will have a larger role moving forward, but she wasn't meant to be the focus of this film.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Two big things:

1-They didn't know much about her character at this point. In fact, she shot this movie before the script for Captain Marvel was even ready to go. So, they probably didn't want to involve her too much.

2-This story is meant to focus on the people who have been around for a long time - especially the original 6 Avengers. So, they took her out of the story more. She will have a larger role moving forward, but she wasn't meant to be the focus of this film.

Thanks for the info. I am not a huge comic book person so I don't know a lot of the backstory.

Reactions: OhCaptainMyCaptain

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
@BK moving this here.... but yes really, lol. I think I attached it right.

Attachments

• 5EE341C5-824C-4E66-84AF-A0CC35186E52.jpeg
    5EE341C5-824C-4E66-84AF-A0CC35186E52.jpeg
    122.7 KB · Views: 3
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad