OT: Anything Goes 35 - Tony O Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
It's been really bad so far. The 2 year old has sores on the back of her throat so getting her to eat or drink anything is a real challenge. Lots of popsicles and stuff like that just to get her to take something and keep her hydrated. But sleeping is the worst. She fights being put down even though she clearly needs it. I mean, full blown screaming and trashing around for 20 minutes at a time before she'll even calm down enough to talk. Same thing when she wakes up. The last few days I've ended up sleeping on the floor next to her crib (not great for the back, let me tell you) which calms her down for a little, but she'll still wake up every couple hours. Since it's viral there's not much you can do for them, beyond some tylenol or ibuprofen to help with pain. Once she's up she'll be ok for a bit, but because she isn't sleeping enough, she turns into the wild/crabby toddler who needs to sleep in short order fairly quickly, but of course she'll fight you on that.

The little one has a fever this morning so I think it's game on for her too. I'd kill to be able to fast forward the next 7 days of my life. Just brutal.
My daughter got it and gave it to me. It sucked as an adult, it’s gotta be hell for a child.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
Got a chance to experience Blackhawk legend Bobby Orr's "Power Play" at the local arcade:

gskbnqQh.jpg

I thought about asking if it was for sale then I realized it didn't have a price and the ****ty machines with prices were already too rich for my liking!

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Got a chance to experience Blackhawk legend Bobby Orr's "Power Play" at the local arcade:

gskbnqQh.jpg

I thought about asking if it was for sale then I realized it didn't have a price and the ****ty machines with prices were already too rich for my liking!

Very cool. My dad is a huge pinball guy. At any given moment he has about 20 pinball machines in his basement (about half of them in working order). He buys them and fixes them up. He'll sell but just to make room for another one to buy. He gave me an Eight Ball machine. I'm not as into pinball as he is (he's obsessed) but I'd probably kick most peoples asses having grown up playing them a lot. :)
upload_2019-7-30_9-47-49.jpeg

Reactions: deytookerjaabs

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Flying to Florida today.

Worst state ever.

Wrong crowd Ray.

One thing is certain: Illinois’ population has declined by 157,000 residents over the past five years, making it one of only two states — West Virginia is the other — to lose people over the past decade.

A 2016 poll by Southern Illinois University found that nearly half of Illinois residents wanted to move to another state, citing taxes, weather, ineffective and corrupt local government and a lack of middle-class jobs. A March poll from the university found that two-thirds of Illinois residents think the state is going in the wrong direction.
Between 2017 and 2018, 114,000 more residents left Illinois than moved in from other states. Those who left mostly moved to Florida, Texas and Indiana, IRS data shows.

More than a third of young adults want to leave Chicago, a January survey from the University of Chicago’s GenForward Project found. Participants, especially African Americans, said the biggest reason for wanting out was racism and how that affects policing, job opportunities and neighborhood development.

Why Are Residents Leaving Illinois in Droves?

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
No, but it still sucks. I don’t like the beach and I hate Disney and Universal.

Keep in mind I don’t have kids.

It’s also July. It’s going to be a million degrees and humid as balls.

Florida sucks.

My family has a place in Longboat Key and we love it down there but it is far less crowded. We just go to the beach or pool and relax.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
My family has a place in Longboat Key and we love it down there but it is far less crowded. We just go to the beach or pool and relax.

In laws have a pool but I’ll be sweating sitting in the 90 degree pool while there. Not exactly refreshing when it’s 105.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I was in Jacksonville for like 18 hours total while going to the Bahamas last week and coming home yesterday, and just those 18 hours sucked. :laugh: Florida sucks.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Also, Florida drivers are just whack. Even more so where my laws live where there are 90 year olds driving who shouldn’t be. The shit I’ve seen on the road there is truly mesmerizing.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Guy next to me got mad on flight because I wanted to use my tray table so I could do some work because he’s fat and it makes him less comfortable. :laugh:

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Guy next to me got mad on flight because I wanted to use my tray table so I could do some work because he’s fat and it makes him less comfortable. :laugh:

My flight home yesterday I wanted to f***ing snap. Had a 6 year old girl sitting behind me. For 2 hours and 20 mins she constantly shoved her toes between the seat back and base, constantly touching my ass, and when she wasn't doing that, she was kicking the back of my seat constantly by swinging her legs. To the point it was moving the entire row of seats my fiance and I were in. I gave the parents about 8 dirty looks and they still couldn't get her to stop... and they knew I was pissed. I looked the dad right in his eyes every time... all I wanted to do was nap after like 4 hours of sleep our last night on the ship, and every time I was close, her feet would hit me in the ass, or the whole row would shake from her constant leg swinging... I wanted to throw her out the f***ing plane door.

Last edited:
Reactions: RayP

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Haha what did he say? How big is he? I mean you have to be rather large to flood into the other seat and be impacted by the tray.

"Do you have to do that?"

Also when I went to my window seat he and his wife refused to get up, so I had to crawl over them and their bag in the middle of the row. Then a flight attendant came over and ask him to put it under the seat in front of him and he just looked at her confused and said "Why?"

He then tried to bend over, while staying seated, to move it... couldn't reach, so just gave up, all while the flight attendant stood there and was awkwardly like "Uhhh, I'll get it for you I guess."

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
"Do you have to do that?"

Also when I went to my window seat he and his wife refused to get up, so I had to crawl over them and their bag in the middle of the row. Then a flight attendant came over and ask him to put it under the seat in front of him and he just looked at her confused and said "Why?"

He then tried to bend over, while staying seated, to move it... couldn't reach, so just gave up, all while the flight attendant stood there and was awkwardly like "Uhhh, I'll get it for you I guess."

:laugh:

Has he never flown before? :confused:

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
My flight home yesterday I wanted to ****ing snap. Had a 6 year old girl sitting behind me. For 2 hours and 20 mins she constantly shoved her toes between the seat back and base constantly touching my ass, and when she wasn't doing that, she was kicking the back of my seat constantly by swinging her legs. To the point it was moving the entire row of seats my fiance and I were in. I gave the parents about 8 dirty looks and they still couldn't get her to stop... and they knew I was pissed. I looked the dad right in his eyes every time... all I wanted to do was nap after like 4 hours of sleep our last night on the ship, and every time I was close, her feet would hit me in the ass, or the whole row would shake from her constant leg swinging... I wanted to throw her out the ****ing plane door.

Imagine how grossed out @hawksrule would have been. He might have tried to jump out of the plane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad