Value of: Any bad contract with 3 years term or less to the Blackhawks.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Wheeler had 55 points in 72 games (6 points in 5 games).

You think the Jets would attach a first to move him for one year? The Jets are likely getting a 2nd round pick for him at the TDL with 50% retention.

Essentially, what your big brain is saying that Chicago should get a 1st and 2nd round pick, while only eating half his contract after the TDL. LMAO!

If you don't want to dump a contract, then why offer the contract in a dump a contract thread?

Chicago does not give a **** what Wheeler did last season, they want to buy good picks with money and cap-space.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Panarin is very much NOT a Davidson type of player. If it was a year, then maybe but I don’t think they would want him around what they are trying to build.

Blake Wheeler with a 1st rd pick for a 2nd and 4th.

Bailey and a 1st rd pick for a 2nd rd pick.
Isles pass on giving up a first for a one year cap dump. Ladd went for less and had 2 years with a larger hit.

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Have had further thoughts since I posted.
bread to Avs by way of CHI, so they get to retain half and up value of his return

Panarin full pop + LaF
for
NYR 2023 2nd
CHI 2023, 2024, 2025 2nds
NYR 2025 4th

you keep LaF (for now at least) and see how he works Bedard, maybe you get lucky on finding good linemate there

and you sell bread to Colorado
they are thin on picks atm, but you should be able to make a package of pix, prospects that works

NY will be happy w/cap relief and explore various options
Right now that’s not good for Chicago. The Colorado end of the deal could make or break it.
Hawks are paying 4 2nds a 4th and very valuable cap space.
For Laf (who has issues) and whatever they get for Panarin.

Seems to solve all NYR’s worries while not really helping Chicago unless the Avs pay a kings ransom for Panarin.
Laf, a late 1st and a late 2nd is not worth
4 x 2nds, a 4th and cap space.

Panarin is signed for a long time. It’s not crazy to say moving him could be worth a 1st to you.

So trade 1 is Panarin and Laf (in place of 1st rd pick)
For returning both NYR’s 2nd and 4th rd picks and giving NYR cap relief.
Then Panarin goes to the Avs with a 4th for a 1st and 2nd.

Chicago pays a 2nd, 2 x 4ths and cap space
Chicago gets Laf and a 1st and a 2nd.

NYR pays Laf to dump bread man
NYR gets a 2nd a 4th and gains cap room

Avs pay a 1st and 2nd
Avs get Panarin (retained) and a 4th.

You cannot undervalue cap space for next season. Most teams thought the bigger bump would happen then. It didn’t, now many are scrambling to fit everything in.
To most this seems a heavy Chicago win. … I don’t give Laf (as of today a failed 1st) much value though.

Last edited:

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
If you don't want to dump a contract, then why offer the contract in a dump a contract thread?

Chicago does not give a **** what Wheeler did last season, they want to buy good picks with money and cap-space.

We do want to move Wheeler. Chicago would get a third from us, and very likely a 2nd at the TDL if they retain at 50%.

His points from last year is notable as it shows that he still has value for a flip at the TDL.

Good Lord, how is this so baffling to people?

I haven’t dealt with Chicago fans for awhile. I guess that was a good thing. Yeesh.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
We do want to move Wheeler. Chicago would get a third from us, and very likely a 2nd at the TDL if they retain at 50%.

His points from last year is notable as it shows that he still has value for a flip at the TDL.

I haven’t dealt with Chicago fans for awhile. I guess that was a good thing. Yeesh.

But that's just not how cap space is valued to rebuilding teams. Trade him to a team that cares about his production more.

This is also assuming Wheeler would ok a trade to Chicago, which feels like a stretch.

Reactions: Kaners PPGs

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014

Apparently not that badly.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Right now that’s not good for Chicago. The Colorado end of the deal could make or break it.
Hawks are paying 4 2nds a 4th and very valuable cap space.
For Laf (who has issues) and whatever they get for Panarin.

Seems to solve all NYR’s worries while not really helping Chicago unless the Avs pay a kings ransom for Panarin.
Laf, a late 1st and a late 2nd is not worth
4 x 2nds, a 4th and cap space.

Panarin is signed for a long time. It’s not crazy to say moving him could be worth a 1st to you.

So trade 1 is Panarin and Laf (in place of 1st rd pick)
For returning both NYR’s 2nd and 4th rd picks and giving NYR cap relief.
Then Panarin goes to the Avs with a 4th for a 1st and 2nd.

Chicago pays a 2nd, 2 x 4ths and cap space
Chicago gets Laf and a 1st and a 4th.

NYR pays Laf to dump bread man
NYR gets a 2nd a 4th and gains cap room

Avs pay a 1st and 2nd
Avs get Panarin (retained) and a 4th.

You cannot undervalue cap space for next season. Most teams thought the bigger bump would happen then. It didn’t, now many are scrambling to fit everything in.
I did not specify the return from Avs on a retained bread

I agree the presumption is Avs will pay more w/retention than Hawks paid w/o retention

You have 3 yrs Panarin + LaF
these are 2 current 2nds, 3 later 2nds

how would you value it?
I agree cap is huge, which is main reason bread made available.

Look forward to discussion about if this deal were done
who would pay what

tl w'e peeps

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Wheeler had 55 points in 72 games (6 points in 5 games).

You think the Jets would attach a first to move him for one year? The Jets are likely getting a 2nd round pick for him at the TDL with 50% retention.

Essentially, what your big brain is saying that Chicago should get a 1st and 2nd round pick, while only eating half his contract after the TDL. LMAO!
At 8 million he should be near point / game sparky. You are paying to dump that regressing fossil.

QCNords

Oct 19, 2017
Don't know the LD situation in Chicago but Joel Edmundson could be a very good veteran presence on a young team. Great person, great teammate...

OV Rocks

Jan 5, 2014
Beach with Beer
I was thinking this would be a great spot for Mantha and Kuznetsov, Mantha's deal is up next year and Kuzy after that, both can be flipped at deadlines. Gets them on the PP to rack up the points, and two skilled players to compliment Bedard.

Mantha, Kuznetsov, Caps 2024 1st
for
Chicago pick 20

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
At 8 million he should be near point / game sparky. You are paying to dump that regressing fossil.
For those forwards earning $7.5M to $8.5M, only 7 of the 21 players had a PPG.

Wheeler's PPG was actually higher than Tarasenko's and look what the Blues got for him.

It's easy draft pick compensation for holding onto Wheeler for half a year (small add from WPG, decent package at TDL to a contender).

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
I was thinking this would be a great spot for Mantha and Kuznetsov, Mantha's deal is up next year and Kuzy after that, both can be flipped at deadlines. Gets them on the PP to rack up the points, and two skilled players to compliment Bedard.

Mantha, Kuznetsov, Caps 2024 1st
for
Chicago pick 20

I dont think they risk getting a worse pick for that but interesting.

Quite honestly I think there are many GM's who won't do Chicago any favors after they won the lottery. Chicago isn't the only team in the league that has cap space.
nobody cares about favors they are trying to make their own team better.

Reactions: Muffinalt

ColbyChaos

I am a made up country
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Have had further thoughts since I posted.
bread to Avs by way of CHI, so they get to retain half and up value of his return

Panarin full pop + LaF
for
NYR 2023 2nd
CHI 2023, 2024, 2025 2nds
NYR 2025 4th

you keep LaF (for now at least) and see how he works Bedard, maybe you get lucky on finding good linemate there

and you sell bread to Colorado
they are thin on picks atm, but you should be able to make a package of pix, prospects that works

NY will be happy w/cap relief and explore various options
You are off your damn meds if you think Laf is enough (when is value is no more than a 2nd) to retain 6+ million on Panarin for 3 years

Reactions: lanceuppercut75

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018

Wheeler's PPG was actually higher than Tarasenko's and look what the Blues got for him.

It's easy draft pick compensation for holding onto Wheeler for half a year (small add from WPG, decent package at TDL to a contender).
No one is taking him for free. Jets are stuck with Wheeler and the toxic environment that comes with him.

ColbyChaos

I am a made up country
Sep 27, 2017
Will County

Jets can keep that toxic mf if all they offer is a 3rd lol

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
No matter what, you need good goaltending during a rebuild. Could we interest you in Matt Murray? ;)

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
Take OEL off our hands and we’ll promise not to impose tampering on Bedard when he draws close to free agency haha.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Get Panarin to waive his NMC and you can have him for free. You guys entice him so that he agrees to it and take him at full pop. We’ll take whatever back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad