Another fight after a clean hit (Brad Stuart obliterates Pietrangelo)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

sh724

Jun 2, 2009
Missouri
Stewart will be suspended for coming off the bench and going right for Stuart. It's inevitable. Also did S=Hitch bench Stewart or was he hurt? He didn't play for a lot of the 2nd.

Um seriously? You do know he had 17 penalty minuted he had to serve, and he cant play until they were finished

Big Ed

~
Feb 5, 2011
So is fighting, it's just the one thing that the outstanding team you follow knows nothing about.

But they never have to find out about it because of the lunacy that goes on at the Joe 41 games a year. (Seriously, look at Langenbrunners penalty in the second)
They may not know much about fighting, but they sure know about winning cups, but yeah Stewert > Datsyuk because Stewert can fight, I agree.

HockeyHooligans

TERRORSENKO
Feb 4, 2008
St. Louis
Who cares if its a clean hit or not? There's going to be some form of retaliation either way and Stewart didn't care what the outcome was, he was going to send a message.

Better be ready.

sh724

Jun 2, 2009
Missouri
Hitch didnt send stewert out to fight like a lot of people are saying, the Blues were changing lines it was that lines turn and they went on the ice just like they do many other times during the game when its their turn to take a shift.

ZetterBurger

Oct 4, 2011
Detroit, MI
2466tle.jpg

Elbow doesn't matter, the point of contact does and, since his shoulder is at the same level of the blue shoulder yoke, it's pretty clear it is up near the neck at the lowest. Borderline hit at best.

(sorry screen grab is so small)

Yea I know it is principle point of contact, but it looks to me like it was chest first. Also Pietro bouncing right up afterwards hints that it wasn't the head.

Also, shoulder pads are not strapped down firmly to the shoulder, so the pad could've also come up higher after the hit and it just looks like it's contacting his head. I don't think that is suspendible but we will see.

PlagerBros*

Yea I know it is principle point of contact, but it looks to me like it was chest first. Also Pietro bouncing right up afterwards hints that it wasn't the head.

Also, shoulder pads are not strapped down firmly to the shoulder, so the pad could've also come up higher after the hit and it just looks like it's contacting his head. I don't think that is suspendible but we will see.

Looking at that pic I don't know how anyone can be so sure it was chest first. I also don't know how Petro (that's how his nickname is spelled not Pietro) getting up afterwards hints at anything excpet that he did not get hurt. Using that logic then almost no punches are landed to the face in hockey, boxing, MMA, etc. The pic is of the initial contact, so stop making excuses about pads moving.:shakehead Anything to avoid admitting that maybe it was so clearly clean as you Wings fans make it out to be.

DeYarmond Edison

drinkingpinkrabbits
Apr 10, 2011
Bored in the USA
So is fighting, it's just the one thing that the outstanding team you follow knows nothing about.

But they never have to find out about it because of the lunacy that goes on at the Joe 41 games a year. (Seriously, look at Langenbrunners penalty in the second)

Yep, i caught that one. Slashing a players stick out of their hands is a penalty everytime. As for the Red Wings get all the calls thing, please show me some numbers to backup your statement. :biglaugh:

ZetterBurger

Oct 4, 2011
Detroit, MI
Looking at that pic I don't know how anyone can be so sure it was chest first. I also don't know how Petro (that's how his nickname is spelled not Pietro) getting up afterwards hints at anything excpet that he did not get hurt. Using that logic then almost no punches are landed to the face in hockey, boxing, MMA, etc. The pic is of the initial contact, so stop making excuses about pads moving.:shakehead Anything to avoid admitting that maybe it was so clearly clean as you Wings fans make it out to be.

I'm not making up excuses about the pads. I just don't like pictures because they don't always show the initial contact. They just show on frame of the sequence so a picture proves nothing, you have to watch the video. I'm also not saying for sure that it didn't hit his chin, I am saying that I don't think it did.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2004

:laugh: Teemu, is that you?

Fighting isn't a legal part of the game is the difference. Like I said, hockey is a rough game. A player should be able to throw a good solid check and take the advantage that comes with it instead of having the play stopped because someone wants to challenge him to a fight.

I'm certainly not against fighting in hockey and I would love for the Wings to have some guy that would dummy Stewart for being an idiot. Sadly, they don't. But even if they did, I'd still think it was asinine to have to answer for a perfectly clean hit.

Hitting is part of the game, take a number and play on.

HockeyGuruPitka

Jan 27, 2010
Toronto
Absolute BS. That garbage should not be condoned. As ive said before can you imagine how terrible football would be if a linebacker new he was going to get pumped for hitting the quarterback. Fighting should be taken out of hockey. The sport would be better for it.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
he wanted to fight helm that time...the smallest guy on the ice. haha loser.

RomersWorld*

Instances like this are why I hate the instigator.

Stuart dropped the gloves 1st. No one forced him to drop them. He got his ass beat badly and was embarrassed. He should've never dropped them in the first place. Maybe Stewart would've got a roughing or cross checking penalty if Stuart refused to fight him.

Analyzer*

They did it again, and again they paid for it.

They just lost the game by going after players after clean hits.

St. Louis is more than likely going to make it, so at the cost of 1 game to let others know that you're not going to stand idly by and let people cream your players, it's well worth it,

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad