Confirmed with Link: Andy Greene Contract Extension (Five years, $5 million per)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Devils Unseen Hand

Jul 25, 2002
Ocean County
This year:
Greene-Larsson
Merrill-Zid
Salvador-Gelinas

Next year:
Greene-Severson
Merrill-Larsson
Helgeson-Gelinas

Salvador will only get about 15-25 games this year. He's too fragile up & will most likely be out for a lot of the season.

Although we have Harrold as the 7th, I would expect to see either Helgeson or Hrabarenka called up.

However, I would venture to say we'll see both play at some point over the course of the season.

Offseason Champs

May 16, 2011
i'm pretty sure the "who are you talking about" referred to Schneids or Greene, since that entire question was a complete mess. But I mean, to each their own. Kovy isn't coming back either way, so...

DevilsFanInFla

Feb 28, 2014
Absolutely love this contract. Great term, great price, and great player. I also wonder how much previous ownership was impacting Lou's decisions. This is the first full offseason we've had with new ownership in place and it looks like either they are involved in the decisions in a positive way or they are letting Lou run things the way he sees fit. Either way, it's a positive thing and this offseason has been a success. Is it training camp time yet?

The Wumpus

bottomless pit supervisor
May 9, 2011
Morristown, NJ
Very solid deal. Fantastic, even, when considering the hideous D-man contracts that got thrown around this summer.

Lou locking up core guys the summer before free agency is a very good development.

Semak

Hate to say it, but I think a lot of guys here over value Greene.

It what sense? Remember, at this point in his career Greene's value to NJ is a lot higher than if he was on say the Sharks or the Kings. Either way, he signed a great deal and got rewarded with the security that he won't be traded.

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
Hate to say it, but I think a lot of guys here over value Greene.

Defensive ability is EXTREMELY hard to measure statistically, but according to a couple of posters on the main board, Andy Greene led the league in defensive goals-versus-threshold the last 2 seasons in a row. Doesn't mean he's the best defensive defenseman in the league, but it certainly suggests he's one of the best.

And he combined it with 30+ points last year on a pathetic offense.

ajdevjet

we got 3
Aug 20, 2013
In your face !
Defensive ability is EXTREMELY hard to measure statistically, but according to a couple of posters on the main board, Andy Greene led the league in defensive goals-versus-threshold the last 2 seasons in a row. Doesn't mean he's the best defensive defenseman in the league, but it certainly suggests he's one of the best.

And he combined it with 30+ points last year on a pathetic offense.

excuse me but what the heck does that mean ??? doesn't take a rocket scientist to know how good of a defensive defenceman he is and I didn't need any BS stat to come to that conclusion.

Mongo Nation

Feb 12, 2009
North Jersey
i'm pretty sure the "who are you talking about" referred to Schneids or Greene, since that entire question was a complete mess. But I mean, to each their own. Kovy isn't coming back either way, so...

I've known that guy Jim who asked the question for about 3 years, we used to work together. The dude is a clown and is a huge Rangers fan, as is evidenced by some of his "tweak Lou" questions

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
excuse me but what the heck does that mean ??? doesn't take a rocket scientist to know how good of a defensive defenceman he is and I didn't need any BS stat to come to that conclusion.

off-lawn-300x240.jpg

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Greene is tough for people to grasp because he doesn't stand out in any particular way...He isn't a big physical intimidating guy and he isn't dynamic offensive player... He is just good.

He is a prototypical Devil. Does his job, does it well with no fan fair. So when you start singing the praise of guy like that it is going to fall on deaf ears. If you haven't spent the time watching him and understanding his role on the team his basic stat line looks very ho-hum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad