Confirmed with Link: Anderson to Habs for Domi and a 3rd II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
What if he gets traded before then?

I just don't see it happening.

I'm guessing MB's plan for Danault and Tatar is to show them, by their play this year, that they're not worth what they think they're worth, as they won't be earning the same minutes they used to get, now that KK, Suzuki, and Anderson will step up.

They haven't won anything but they think they deserve huge raises because they've been on the first line - of a bad team.

Reactions: bsl

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
Oh don't get me wrong... I hated Domi's play last season and totally ok with Habs getting rid off him. Still think that Bergevin could have done a better job of not showing the entire world that Domi has no place in Mtl and then try to trade him.
How though? He played on the 4th line in the playoffs and was largely ineffective when asked to move up the lineup. His play showed he had no place on the top two lines and by extension, Montreal. He could have tried to sugar coat it, but no one was going to buy it.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Anderson is playing with drouin and suzuki and it’s gonna be a really good 2nd line

Now let's make sure KK doesn't get stuck with Armia, Lehoken, amd Byron. If it were up to me it would be:

Drouin Suzuki Anderson
Tatar KK Gallagher
Byron Danault Lehkonen
______ Evans Armia

But we know it will be different.

And I wouldn't mind:

Drouin Suzuki Anderson
Tatar Danault Gallagher
Granlund/Dadonov KK Athanasiou/Kovalchuk
Lehkonen Evans Armia
Belzille
Picks used to dump Byron and Weal.

ROEN

Writes for Habsworld
Feb 18, 2008
www.habsworld.net
I don't like the trade but only time will tell, as much as I liked Gally Bergevin proved me wrong so I'll reserve judgement as I think we should all do.

JC Superstar

Aug 7, 2013
Hey, I have no problem with a Danault - Gally - Tatar line playing the other team top line: they are among the best at that. And that frees two offensive lines to play the opponent 2nd and 3rd. A winning proposition if you ask me.

I liked Domi, a real stinging bee, but we needed the freight train we got: just think what Suzuki could do with that new shiny toy.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Hey, I have no problem with a Danault - Gally - Tatar line playing the other team top line: they are among the best at that. And that frees two offensive lines to play the opponent 2nd and 3rd. A winning proposition if you ask me.

I liked Domi, a real stinging bee, but we needed the freight train we got: just think what Suzuki could do with that new shiny toy.
You can't have 3 second line in the nhl. Salary cap says hi. Even more than we are loaded up in the back

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
I like Gallagher Anderson Armia as RW on top 3 lines.

Tatar Danault Gallagher
Drouin Suzuki Armia
Lehkonen Kotkaniemi Anderson
Byron Evans Simmons
Poehling
That's a much better forward group then we iced in terms of balance if we could add another scorer and bump Lehkonen down to the 4th line that'd be great.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
That's a much better forward group then we iced in terms of balance if we could add another scorer and bump Lehkonen down to the 4th line that'd be great.
Ideally it's Taylor Hall:

Hall-KK-Gallagher
Drouin-Suzuki-Anderson
Tatar-Danault-Armia
Byron-Evans-Lehkonen

Stay the f*** away from Simmonds, the guy is done. Also I'm fully aware that Hall likely isn't coming here. We need a legit star winger though.

Reactions: HabsWhiteKnightLOL

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada

Why other teams are not doing it? Which team ice their defensive line 20 minutes? You want your top offensive players on the ice 18-20 minutes. They'll have to play against the other team's top line in the 1st and 2nd period. It's inevitable. In the 3rd depending on the score is where you can start to be a little bit more defensive about things.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada

The team will be better balanced both offensively and defensively. Will it be enough to make the playoffs providing only 16 teams are making them i don't know? But it's surely lacking skills in a significant way to win a cup unless both Suzuki and JK take the next step.

Last edited:
Reactions: donghabs98

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
The team will be better balanced both offensively and defensively. Will it be enough to make the playoffs providing only 16 teams are making team i don't know? But it's surely lacking skills in a significant way to win a cup unless both Suzuki and JK take the next step.
How far the team goes definitely depends on how much KK/Suzuki grow. The Habs success seem very dependent on their growth (which is a nice narrative change from being fully on Price).

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Ideally it's Taylor Hall:

Hall-KK-Gallagher
Drouin-Suzuki-Anderson
Tatar-Danault-Armia
Byron-Evans-Lehkonen

Stay the f*** away from Simmonds, the guy is done. Also I'm fully aware that Hall likely isn't coming here. We need a legit star winger though.

I think if we used late picks to move Byron and Weal out we could fit Hall or Dadonov or Granlund under the cap.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I think if we used late picks to move Byron and Weal out we could fit Hall or Dadonov or Granlund under the cap.
We traded Domi to get a different mix of forwards. Granlund would be more of the same. An undersized playmaker. Dadonov would be nice, but I don't know who would play LW because Gallagher-Anderson-Armia will be our top 9 RW and it would be a waste if any of them were on the 4th line. Hoffman would be nice, but he seems like a headcase.

JJ68

Oct 5, 2017
I'll never understand anyone who bashes Domi.

Dude scored 72 points his first year as a Hab, in a high pressure market that he loved being in. Not only that it was his first year playing as a legit Centre. No other Habs player has recorded 70 points in how long? Then for some reason people are like he has to prove he deserves top minutes....so this season the guy starts in the bottom 6. Really?? He still comes close to producing the same amount as our top liners. But then again he needs to prove himself....yet KK was sent down to the minors this season and then played alright for a small sample size of 10 games.

I'm sorry but Max got a raw deal here, and Danault is no better than a third liner anyway, so Max should have been ahead of him. But this coach and this era of Hockey love that "intangibles" bs game.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
We traded Domi to get a different mix of forwards. Granlund would be more of the same. An undersized playmaker. Dadonov would be nice, but I don't know who would play LW because Gallagher-Anderson-Armia will be our top 9 RW and it would be a waste if any of them were on the 4th line. Hoffman would be nice, but he seems like a headcase.

I'd take Granlund over Byron - not to mention it's an upgrade in size. Domi and Anderson together would have also been fine by me. But we had to use Domi to get Anderson.... and I'm fine with Armia starting on the 4th line and coming into the top 9 when there's the inevitable injury.

Your boy Kovalchuk on a 1 year, 1M deal could play LW.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
How far the team goes definitely depends on how much KK/Suzuki grow. The Habs success seem very dependent on their growth (which is a nice narrative change from being fully on Price).

It's a lot of eggs for two baskets though. Specially since those baskets are not like surefire basket à la Crosby/Malkin or McJesus/Draislt. I could see one of Suzuki or JK reach its full potential but both still possible but i would not count on it personally. Still think we need more and MB must be all in. He must get his Chicago's Hossa or his Pens Kessel.

Reactions: donghabs98

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad