Confirmed with Link: Anderson to Habs for Domi and a 3rd II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Go on the main poll board :biglaugh:

Domi landslide victory vs Anderson, and so far it’s 50/50 between Anderson vs the 3rd rounder. Talk about a super fleece by Columbus.
So the majority is always right, especially half of who probably know f*** all about hockey. Good argument.

Reactions: holy and japhi

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
So the majority is always right, especially half of who probably know f*** all about hockey. Good argument.
Not to a contrarian. I'm not averse to bucking a trend. I'm quite comfortable there, irrespective of whether the consensus implies any hockey knowledge at all. There are invariably more than two solutions anyway.

Reactions: bsl

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
This team I tell you... It is just not frickin normal that we haven't had a 50 goal scorer since Richer or a 40 goal scorer since Damphousse or a point per game player since Vinny as well.

That's like 25 years... That's a generation of offensive futility?!

Frickin trade the farm to get Laine FFS simply to be able to say we finally have a true goal scorer damn it!

I guarantee you Anderson will never score more than 20 with Habs.

I'll even go as far as say that he will be demoted to the 3rd line by game 25 next season.

That is if he plays 25 games all year.
You're on, want to put money on it? You do understand the relation between shot totals and goal totals yes? And Anderson will be playing on line 1 given Gally's increasingly broken body and size. IF Anderson stays healthy he will score more than 20 at least once. How much you want to bet?

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
You knew PK would go on to a Norris & Cup finals eh?

And that injuries would derail his career?

And that the Habs would miss playoffs in 3 of next 4 years?

What a win lol
I ignore all posts like this due to the huge bullying that took place for years here on that trade. I think the trade was a good one, and nothing you or anyone else say or bully will change my mind. And please don't respond again with your sarcasm and bullying and bad reasoning. I don't want to go there.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
I like the player but I hate the trade. Even if Anderson has a good year and scores 25 goals at the end of the day, is it more than what Domi would bring in a good year?

Why are we dismissing Domi so quickly? He was our best offensive player last f***ing year. Domi having a good year would bring more than Anderson in a good year. He is younger than Anderson and has already have a better year than Anderson will likely ever have.

Anderson fills a huge hole but honestly we just created a new hole that Suzuki/KK may not necessarily be able to fill over the course of the whole season. Especially a possibly shortened season with a condensed schedule. I like that we are giving them a real shot but we need to surround them well. When I envisioned adding Anderson it was not while subtracting Domi.
Exactly, it should have been Danno but Danno would not have gotten Anderson.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Domi scored 28 goals last year! That would be Anderson's best year. Stop dismissing him.
I'm not dismissing Domi. Habs should have kept him to play with Anderson. In the Danualt thread I warned 500 times that habs would mistakenly trade Domi, and Danno would play on line 1 the next 2 years. But I still think Anderson healthy will pack more punch than Domi, and score more goals. We have enough assist guys. And they will feed Anderson.

Last edited:
Reactions: waffledave

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
IF Anderson doesn't bounce back, and that is very likely, you will be embarrassed by your post in a year.

Besides, I'll never be embarrassed by this post because EVERYONE knows Domi was worth significantly more than Anderson (I mean, go look at my poll: Anderson vs 3rd round pick - it's very close lol). So regardless of what Anderson does next year, the point stands: Bergevin could have had MORE. He was in a position of strength and somehow made it his weakness. This is somewhat like Subban vs Weber, except Anderson is coming off a shitty year, while Weber wasn't. And sure, while Weber became better, the point stands that Bergevin could have had more for Subban as well.
Everyone knows. LOL. You know what they call using a term like that? Weasel words. Like with the Subban trade. Everybody knew. Except they did not.

Reactions: 417

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Unfortunately, reports out of Columbus are that one of the main reasons he was available is he wants big money on a long term deal. He sees the injury as one bad season that he's completely healed from. He wants to be paid like a highly coveted 6'3 power forward with speed that will score 27 and is about to be a UFA. So if this team doesn't pay him, he'll see what the market will. Same as Gallagher, Tatar, and Danault.
Is that a reason not to trade for him?

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Uh- play some defense? Stop taking penalties with 3 minutes left in a playoff game?
Oh don't get me wrong... I hated Domi's play last season and totally ok with Habs getting rid off him. Still think that Bergevin could have done a better job of not showing the entire world that Domi has no place in Mtl and then try to trade him.

Reactions: bsl

tinyzombies

Dec 24, 2002
Montreal, QC, Canada
I like Danault more than Domi because Danault wins faceoffs and can shutdown other teams top centres.

Danault is a defacto 1C on one of the best lines in the league. Domi should be on the wing. He's a liability in the middle, especially when his predictable offensive game isn't producing. (sorry, just cannot stand the player. seems like a nice guy... but the player... no)

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
I like Gallagher Anderson Armia as RW on top 3 lines.

Tatar Danault Gallagher
Drouin Suzuki Armia
Lehkonen Kotkaniemi Anderson
Byron Evans Simmons
Poehling
Anderson is not going to play line 3 minutes LOL. He might even supplant Gally.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Could Danault and a 3rd have gotten us Anderson?

Drouin Domi Anderson (in Shaw's place) may have been a really good line.
Exactly. But I don't think 13 goal Danault is getting you Anderson.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Anderson is not going to play line 3 minutes LOL. He might even supplant Gally.

The thing is, I like the Tatar-Gally, Drouin-Armia, and Byron-Lehkonen duos. I'm hoping we get another offensive winger to play with Anderson. Hall would be nice...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad