Confirmed with Link: Anderson to Habs for Domi and a 3rd II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I’m just gonna try and forget about the 3rd rounder. Domi for Anderson is a fair deal. Plus we will see what contracts they sign. The thing with Domi is he wants to be paid like he was PPG last year. That’s a big time risk considering how bad he was. Anderson should sign for cheap coming off an injury.

Unfortunately, reports out of Columbus are that one of the main reasons he was available is he wants big money on a long term deal. He sees the injury as one bad season that he's completely healed from. He wants to be paid like a highly coveted 6'3 power forward with speed that will score 27 and is about to be a UFA. So if this team doesn't pay him, he'll see what the market will. Same as Gallagher, Tatar, and Danault.

A Loyal Demidog

Marc Bergevin's Bitch
Oct 20, 2016
Look, I wouldn't be against Anderson for Domi if Anderson came with a 1st round pick. We could maybe add our 3rd to Domi to balance it out. But Domi + for Anderson?! What in the blue ass f***?!

Columbus needed a 2C, those are super hard to find. We literally gifted them one (a 50+ point Center, 1-year-removed from 70+ points) and added a f***ing pick for absolutely no reason.

Reactions: Habs Icing

A Loyal Demidog

Marc Bergevin's Bitch
Oct 20, 2016
Unfortunately, reports out of Columbus are that one of the main reasons he was available is he wants big money on a long term deal. He sees the injury as one bad season that he's completely healed from. He wants to be paid like a highly coveted 6'3 power forward with speed that will score 27 and is about to be a UFA. So if this team doesn't pay him, he'll see what the market will. Same as Gallagher, Tatar, and Danault.
I'll cry of laughter if Domi extends for less than Anderson.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
To clarify, I consider what Anderson was doing against us the year he scored 27 on the season amazing. He was all over the ice, imposing his physical game and a threat offensively. I.e. being an amazing power forward. I like being a really good power forward better than amazing as a positive hope for his time here though.

And if Domi had another year like when he put up 70 points he'd be all over the ice and driving the play in his own way. Ideally you have both these guys. Like I said, love the player, hate the trade.

Reactions: bsl

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
And if Domi had another year like when he put up 70 points he'd be all over the ice and driving the play in his own way. Ideally you have both these guys. Like I said, love the player, hate the trade.

imo he has to be at center to have another year like that - if only because he showed very clearly this year that he just won't try when put on the wing.

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
Hopefully MB has an inkling of what is needed to sign him, and the amount is doable. If he is healthy, he is worth a significant amount of money. Almost Wilson money, if we use him as a measuring stick.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I'll cry of laughter if Domi extends for less than Anderson.

Domi's an rfa with 2 years to go before free agency. They can do a 1 year arbitration deal and then determine his real value after a year as the 2c with good wingers - which is what we should have done with him - only traded him half way through the year when he re-established himself. Again, the key being playing center, with good wingers.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Yeah, let's re-visit that statement after this year. What if Domi outscores all of them?
Which is why they should have traded Danno instead. Bergy trades for offence, then gives up offence, and wonders why habs can't score. A line centred by Domi with Anderson on RW could have been crushing.

A Loyal Demidog

Marc Bergevin's Bitch
Oct 20, 2016
Domi's an rfa with 2 years to go before free agency. They can do a 1 year arbitration deal and then determine his real value after a year as the 2c with good wingers - which is what we should have done with him - only traded him half way through the year when he re-established himself. Again, the key being playing center, with good wingers.
Anderson would have been a good winger for Domi. Domi played very well with Shaw...

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Hopefully MB has an inkling of what is needed to sign him, and the amount is doable. If he is healthy, he is worth a significant amount of money. Almost Wilson money, if we use him as a measuring stick.

Well MB says his doctors looked at all the medical paper work from the operation and he's 100% healthy. So I'm assuming he'll pay him like he's 100% healthy.

Yeah, I'm expecting 5M AAV range. Not sure about term. Maybe 4, 5 years.

Steve Shutt

Don't Poke the Bear
May 31, 2007
I think contract demands may be a factor in each player's perceived value. For example, if Domi is after a long term deal at 6M+ his value might be less than Anderson who might be looking for short term team-friendly deal at 3.5-4M. Not saying that's the case, but it could be a factor. Interesting to see what each of them end up signing

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Anderson would have been a good winger for Domi. Domi played very well with Shaw...

Absolutely. I would have liked Phil to have been the guy going the other way. 3c's are replaceable. And just as Danault needs a new deal or else he's heading to the UFA market, he now see's himself as a 1c (face palm)

Galactico

Feb 17, 2016
Canada
I just see the whole thing as a major gamble. Is Anderson more likely to rebound with two banged up shoulders than Domi? If Domi's value was so low I would have just held on to him.
I’m pretty sure that Bergevin (Molson) didn’t want to pay what Domi’s camp is asking for in their negociations for his contract. They probably made a cost/benefice ratio and decided that’d rather have a player like Anderson for cheaper instead of paying Domi 2-3 more million a year.

A Loyal Demidog

Marc Bergevin's Bitch
Oct 20, 2016
Absolutely. I would have liked Phil to have been the guy going the other way. 3c's are replaceable. And Danault see's himself as a 1c now (face palm)
I agree. It's okay though... We're going to destroy Kotkaniemi, by ensuring he stays in 3C with crappy wingers - because Princess Danault needs his top wingers.

Bergevin, the gift that keeps on giving. 8+ years of pure ass.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I agree. It's okay though... We're going to destroy Kotkaniemi, by ensuring he stays in 3C with crappy wingers - because Princess Danault needs his top wingers.

Bergevin, the gift that keeps on giving. 8+ years of pure ass.

Now it's down to hoping we can add one of Hall, Dadonov, Granlund, or even Kovalchuk, Galchenyuk, or Athanasiou. Anything but more Byron and Lehkonen with KK and Suzuki. Anything...

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Let’s wait to see what they sign for.

A Loyal Demidog

Marc Bergevin's Bitch
Oct 20, 2016
Now it's down to hoping we can add one of Hall, Dadonov, Granlund, or even Kovalchuk, Galchenyuk, or Athanasiou. Anything but more Byron and Lehkonen with KK and Suzuki. Anything...
I guarantee you we get nothing good. Maybe Kovalchuk and that's it lol.

tinyzombies

Dec 24, 2002
Montreal, QC, Canada
This is a beautiful trade, doubling down on another beautiful trade (Chucky). We haven't had this kind of player in like 25 years- it's a joke. This is why we always suck.

The last time we even had a season from a player like this it was one and done with Cole, Corson in his second stint and Leclair before that foolish trade. Before that, what? Muller was tough. And after that we disastrously took Kostitsyn - a guy who couldn't skate - over a slew of excellent tough Canadian players that became stars. Then Latendresse and McCarron didn't work out. That's 25 years of soft hockey or years where we had undersized guys giving all they had but with little hope. Bergy has done it. We are a couple more players away from contending.

Domi is a fun transition player, but lacks hockey sense, has no finish, plays zero defense, takes stupid penalties at key moments, no good on the boards, wanted first liner money and refused to play wing. My God, this trade is a veritable steal.

Anderson: 25-30g scorer, 6-3, 222 lbs, can skate like the wind, great on the boards and at the net, wicked shot and release, character guy who will drop mitts, can play on the PK (tho why you would do that I don't know...), great one-timer, AND excellent at deflections. Oh yea- AND HE'S GOOD DEFENSIVELY. And the doctors said he would recover 100% from his injury (I remember reading this on a Columbus board earlier this year).

BRAVO MON BERGY

Last edited:

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
Absolutely. I would have liked Phil to have been the guy going the other way. 3c's are replaceable. And just as Danault needs a new deal or else he's heading to the UFA market, he now see's himself as a 1c (face palm)
Domi really tanked his stock in the last season though, especially the playoffs. More so than Danault, even in the wake of the latter's wrong-headed declarations.

Reactions: Deebs

bsl

Oct 9, 2009

Good, so he did have surgery. That procedure is getting better. I'm crossing my fingers. He might have to tone it down a bit on the hits though, and watch out on taking big hits. That might make him less effective. But I love his shooting totals. And he's fast.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Domi really tanked his stock in the last season though, especially the playoffs. More so than Danault, even in the wake of the latter's wrong-headed declarations.

Could Danault and a 3rd have gotten us Anderson?

Drouin Domi Anderson (in Shaw's place) may have been a really good line.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I like Gallagher Anderson Armia as RW on top 3 lines.

Tatar Danault Gallagher
Drouin Suzuki Armia
Lehkonen Kotkaniemi Anderson
Byron Evans Simmons
Poehling

I'm mostly in agreement with your lines. But I will point out, I'd prefer Poehlong develop in Laval than be the 13th forward in MTL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad