Confirmed with Link: Anderson to Habs for Domi and a 3rd II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
I liked a lot of things about Domi. Plays with passion, loves the city, great personality, stands up for teammates..all great stuff. However he can only excel at center and unfortunately for him he is behind Suz, KK and Danault. So we flip him and fill a desperate need up front. Love the trade and will probably be good for both teams.
Unfortunately, Anderson will not get you much offense, think Rene Bourque. Domi was traded to Montreal because Galchenyuk was a basketcase, basically both teams exchanged their problems hoping both players would rebound. Domi managed to get his head together and explode offensively. Nobody expected much of him when he arrived in Montréal. He made BargainBin look like a genius.

This year, we were beginning to see the same Domi in Arizona. He was asking for big money based on his 72 points season and BargainBin was not willing to give it. Julien also had him on his blacklist. It was written in the sky, he wouldn't resign here.

The trade also reminds me of the Cammy for Bourque deal. The Habs could have gotten more value for Domi but BargainBin drove his value down. Adding that third just proves that BargainBin got sudden tunnel vision and had his heart set on Anderson. This trade will hurt Montreal in the future.

Sad reality is Bourque was traded for Allen, another washed up player. Anderson's career path will likely follow the same course of things. He's 26, has never reached 50 points in six years and plagued with injuries. That 27 goal season is the only positive and his size.

Trading Domi for futures would have been a better option. This smells like a win now move and losing a better player for lower value looks bad.

As for Domi, we didn't expect much of him to begin with and that 72 point season will be his career ceiling. He will be playing on a better team, but under Torts, it can go in any direction.

Last edited:

LeGarsDuCable

Sep 17, 2020
Unfortunately, Anderson will not get you much offense, think Rene Bourque. Domi was traded to Montreal because Galchenyuk was a basketcase, basically both teams exchanged their problems hoping both players would rebound. Domi managed to get his head together and expolde offensively. Nobody expected much of him when he arrived in Montréal. He made BargainBin look like a genius.

This year, we were beginning to see the same Domi in Arizona. He was asking for big money based on his 72 points season and BargainBin was not willing to give it. Julien also had him on his blacklist. It was written in the sky, he wouldn't resign here.

The trade also reminds me of the Cammy for Bourque deal. The Habs could have gotten more value for Domi but BargainBin drove his value down. Adding that third just proves that BargainBin got sudden tunnel vision and had his heart set on Anderson. This trade will hurt Montreal in the future.

Sad reality is Bourque was traded for Allen, another washed up player. Anderson's career path will likely follow the same course of things. He's 26 and has never reached 50 points in six years and plagued with injuries. That 27 goal season is the only positive and his size.

Tradig Domi for futures would have been a better option. This smells like a win now move and losing a better player for lower value looks bad.

As for Domi, we didn't expect much of him to begin with and that 72 point season will be his career ceiling. He will be playing on a better team, but under Torts, it can go in any direction.

Bourque had no heart whatsoever, so lazy ... bad comparison

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
I like it. Domi is only a 60 or 70 point guy as centre on 1st or second line- there is no room for him there. I have always liked Anderson, big tough winger who can score. Tom wilson lite and won't cost as much $$ as Domi
I apologize if I am repeating something I said before, not sure if it was here or on RDS. Here is my prediction for the coming year.

Suzuki - 53 points
Danault - 47 points
Kotkaniemi - 38 points
Domi - 73 points
Anderson - 14 goals

If that actually happens, on top of the Sergachev for Drouin disaster, perhaps it gets the clown fired.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I liked a lot of things about Domi. Plays with passion, loves the city, great personality, stands up for teammates..all great stuff. However he can only excel at center and unfortunately for him he is behind Suz, KK and Danault. So we flip him and fill a desperate need up front. Love the trade and will probably be good for both teams.

He also only played with passion for one season. There was no fire in him this year. Not sure why, but he just wasn’t the same player.

Reactions: Adriatic

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
Bourque had no heart whatsoever, so lazy ... bad comparison
Before coming to Montreal, Bourque was well established in Calgary and people were saying how he has heart, a good skater has skills and is a power forward the Habs needed for a long time. Same speech I keep hearing about Anderson.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Unfortunately, Anderson will not get you much offense, think Rene Bourque. Domi was traded to Montreal because Galchenyuk was a basketcase, basically both teams exchanged their problems hoping both players would rebound. Domi managed to get his head together and expolde offensively. Nobody expected much of him when he arrived in Montréal. He made BargainBin look like a genius.

Sad reality is Bourque was traded for Allen, another washed up player. Anderson's career path will likely follow the same course of things. He's 26 and has never reached 50 points in six years and plagued with injuries. That 27 goal season is the only positive and his size.

Tradig Domi for futures would have been a better option. This smells like a win now move and losing a better player for lower value looks bad.

Maybe a little but I don't see the Bourque parallel totally. Bourque had motivation issues, needed to be pushed a lot, invisible a lot of nights and he was 30 years old when he got here. I don't see those issues with Anderson. He's 26, very difficult to play against, nasty and can chip in goals and he fills a need on the team. His only issue is that he was injured last year. We have too many smallish 15-20 goal scorers and if I can chose I prefer having one that is 6'3 and physical. I'm not expecting a 40 goal scorer either. More importantly his player profile addresses a weakness of ours. As much I love Domi he is redundant on this team, especially at wing and we know he won't play center here. I see it as a win win unless of course Anderson is damaged goods. That's another topic.

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
I apologize if I am repeating something I said before, not sure if it was here or on RDS. Here is my prediction for the coming year.

Suzuki - 53 points
Danault - 47 points
Kotkaniemi - 38 points
Domi - 73 points
Anderson - 14 goals

If that actually happens, on top of the Sergachev for Drouin disaster, perhaps it gets the clown fired.
He won't get fired, Molson is just letting the contract expire and counting his dollars. So another 2 years of destruction. Hopefully, he doesn't continue on his path of gross negligence and leaves the Habs in a shattered state like Peanut did 20 years ago.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Yeah, let's re-visit that statement after this year. What if Domi outscores all of them?
He might. But personally I would still choose those 3 ahead of him. I think both Suzuki and KK have higher upsides than Domi and both will be better all-around centers. And I love Danault slotted at 3rd on this team. I just think it's a better set-up for the future. Of course it's a chance you take but I'm good with it.

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
Maybe a little but I don't see the Bourque parallel totally. Bourque had motivation issues, needed to be pushed a lot, invisible a lot of nights and he was 30 years old when he got here. I don't see those issues with Anderson. He's 26, very difficult to play against, nasty and can chip in goals and he fills a need on the team. His only issue is that he was injured last year. We have too many smallish 15-20 goal scorers and if I can chose I prefer having one that is 6'3 and physical. I'm not expecting a 40 goal scorer either. More importantly his player profile addresses a weakness of ours. As much I love Domi he is redundant on this team, especially at wing and we know he won't play center here. I see it as a win win unless of course Anderson is damaged goods. That's another topic.
I am afraid Anderson is damaged goods and BargainBin got robbed because of his blind affection for bottom 9 players. The team is in dire need of scoring. Anderson is a big body to put on your third line. They regressed bigtime because there is a new hole on the top six. Unless BargainBin plans to move another piece for a top winger or getting a Dadonov/Hall through free agency, this move is not a good one. Let's face it, not much out there on the UFA market and the Habs won't overpay for a Hall/Dadonov. On the D side, Krug makes sense but I don't see him coming here either.

Last edited:

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
This is just poor asset management again...
Didn’t get value for taken Allen contract...
Move a pick for a D that they could of had for free as a UFA.
Move one of is best offensive player for a middle 6...
Draft a D in the first round...

MB has had a few deal that didn’t look great and it turn out great but at some point if you keep playing with fire you will get burn...

the GM that want the move more usually end up over paying clearly other GM have the inside track on MB need because he just keep over paying...

Corky

Mar 21, 2008
Singapore
I liked the Weber trade from the start, though subby should have got a Center. That would have been even better. and It is not hindsight. I knew then it was a good trade. And I like this trade. Big big upside. Judging by how many people here were laughably wrong on the Subban trade, which I knew at the time, I have a hard time taking half these comments seriously. (I said little on the subby trade, as the bullying to anyone here who supported it was unreal.) My only problem is Danno should have gone, not Domi. Flame away.

QFT, I faced exactly the same thing when defending the Subban trade. Interestingly enough, people on this board are still claiming Nashville won the trade...

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
I am afraid Anderson is damaged goods and BargainBin got robbed because of his blind affection for bottom 9 players. The team is in dire need of scoring. Anderson is a big body to put on your third line. They regressed bigtime because there is a new hole on the top six. Unless BargainBin plans to move another piece for a top winger or getting a Dadonov/Hall through free agency, this move is not a good one. Let's face it, not much out there on the UFA market and the Habs won't overpay for a Hall/Dadonov. On the D side, Krug makes sense but I don't see him coming here either.
What new hole is there on the top 6??

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
What new hole is there on the top 6??
In an ideal situation, your lineup would like this :

Tatar KK Caufield/Gallagher
Drouin Suzuki Anderson/Gallagher
Armia Danault Anderson

Lek and Byron are 4th liners at this point. Drouin being the lazy bum, he is, you are still missing a top six RW forward and Caufield is years away from becoming dominant, if ever.

I personally love that Armia Danault Anderson combo, would be a great shutdown line. Armia can play LW.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
With all due respect, I’m glad to see everyone here’s on cloud nine for having been completely f***ed over by Columbus on this trade and being the laughing stock of the league. Domi should have received way more, being a 50+ pt Center capable of hitting 70+ at a young age. You know it’s bad when Viqsi (aka the biggest Anderson fangirl in the world) is jumping up and down in excitement also laughing at our expense.

This WILL go down as Bergevin’s absolute worst trade, and that is saying A LOT. And ain’t nobody going to tell me in some months from now “wtf Bergy sucks” while every single one of you seems to be making an excuse for his absolute trash trade now.
Easy there. buddy, a lot of us hate this trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad