Confirmed with Link: Anderson to Habs for Domi and a 3rd II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
This trade reminds me of the Cammalleri vs Bourque trade.

Bourque was never expected to play up to Cammalleri’s level, however, part of the reason that the Habs traded for him was due to his size. Bourque didn’t have the scoring touch that Cammalleri had but his frame was what the Canadiens wanted.

Hopefully history doesn’t repeat itself...
To quote Mark Twain. History may not repeat but it sure rhymes

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
This team I tell you... It is just not frickin normal that we haven't had a 50 goal scorer since Richer or a 40 goal scorer since Damphousse or a point per game player since Vinny as well.

That's like 25 years... That's a generation of offensive futility?!

Frickin trade the farm to get Laine FFS simply to be able to say we finally have a true goal scorer damn it!

I guarantee you Anderson will never score more than 20 with Habs.

I'll even go as far as say that he will be demoted to the 3rd line by game 25 next season.

That is if he plays 25 games all year.

Last edited:
Reactions: Habs Icing

BergevinBurner

Sep 27, 2019
So our biggest need was a top 6 forward that can help us score and we trade away our top point producer from a year ago for a player that produces significantly less?

What's the plan here? We didn't get knocked out of the playoffs due to our lack of defense or goaltending, it was because the team can't score to save their life.

Now we removed one of our best offensive forwards for a guy who very well may be 9th best forward on a team with an already weak top 9 (Especially if we get the Anderson we saw this season).
:banghead:

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
I liked the Weber trade from the start, though subby should have got a Center. That would have been even better. and It is not hindsight. I knew then it was a good trade. And I like this trade. Big big upside. Judging by how many people here were laughably wrong on the Subban trade, which I knew at the time, I have a hard time taking half these comments seriously. (I said little on the subby trade, as the bullying to anyone here who supported it was unreal.) My only problem is Danno should have gone, not Domi. Flame away.

You knew PK would go on to a Norris & Cup finals eh?

And that injuries would derail his career?

And that the Habs would miss playoffs in 3 of next 4 years?

What a win lol

Reactions: Et le But

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
So our biggest need was a top 6 forward that can help us score and we trade away our top point producer from a year ago for a player that produces significantly less?

What's the plan here? We didn't get knocked out of the playoffs due to our lack of defense or goaltending, it was because the team can't score to save their life.

Now we removed one of our best offensive forwards for a guy who very well may be 9th best forward on a team with an already weak top 9 (Especially if we get the Anderson we saw this season).

Plan :laugh:

Come on now, at this point how could any of us ask that question with a straight face?

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
I like the player but I hate the trade. Even if Anderson has a good year and scores 25 goals at the end of the day, is it more than what Domi would bring in a good year?

Why are we dismissing Domi so quickly? He was our best offensive player last f***ing year. Domi having a good year would bring more than Anderson in a good year. He is younger than Anderson and has already have a better year than Anderson will likely ever have.

Anderson fills a huge hole but honestly we just created a new hole that Suzuki/KK may not necessarily be able to fill over the course of the whole season. Especially a possibly shortened season with a condensed schedule. I like that we are giving them a real shot but we need to surround them well. When I envisioned adding Anderson it was not while subtracting Domi.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I like the player but I hate the trade. Even if Anderson has a good year and scores 25 goals at the end of the day, is it more than what Domi would bring in a good year?

Why are we dismissing Domi so quickly? He was our best offensive player last f***ing year. Domi having a good year would bring more than Anderson in a good year. He is younger than Anderson and has already have a better year than Anderson will likely ever have.

Anderson fills a huge hole but honestly we just created a new hole that Suzuki/KK may not necessarily be able to fill over the course of the whole season. Especially a possibly shortened season with a condensed schedule. I like that we are giving them a real shot but we need to surround them well. When I envisioned adding Anderson it was not while subtracting Domi.

Dominwas crap on the wing and didn't try.

The way to rectify the situation was to play Domi at center for half a season with good wingers, get his trade value up, then maybe we're able to trade him and a 3rd for Laine.

Not good to trade a player when his value is low.

But this board was with management and strongly didn't want to do that. So this is the best of a bad situation.

P.S. I hope I eat my words, Anderson is amazing, and Domi is in fact a 54 point center who's a defensive liability.

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018

Since when does BargainBin have a plan? His blind affection for third liners is clouding his train of thought.

Reactions: Maliki2

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
Dominwas crap on the wing and didn't try.

The way to rectify the situation was to play Domi at center for half a season with good wingers, get his trade value up, then maybe we're able to trade him and a 3rd for Laine.

Not good to trade a player when his value is low.

But this board was with management and strongly didn't want to do that. So this is the best of a bad situation.

P.S. I hope I eat my words, Anderson is amazing, and Domi is in fact a 54 point center who's a defensive liability.
How is an injury prone player that never reached 50 points in six years amazing? When is the last time this team had a 40 goal scorer?

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Maybe, you preferred that the organization be compromised by a pouting player wanting to be first or second line centre.
Sounds like Danault too. At least Domi can contribute offensively. Still like the trade though.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Abderso
That's a poorly framed "either/or" argument.

I've got no issue moving Domi. The issue, as is often the case with MB, is asset management. We traded away the more proven, reliable & skilled asset AND paid a premium, while taking on the significantly greater risk.

Poor asset management. Hopefully we get lucky & Anderson stays healthy (& doesn't hold out like he did last contract) and delivers career best numbers moving forward... That's what he'll have to do just to match Domi's career worst productivity.

For a team that needs to upgrade its ability to score, not exactly a positive scenario.
I don't get this. It's like people have no idea what Habs need. Anderson has very high shot totals and has shown he can score goals. IF he stays healthy, he is a positive addition on an offence that needs goal scorers, not playmakers.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
With all due respect, I’m glad to see everyone here’s on cloud nine for having been completely f***ed over by Columbus on this trade and being the laughing stock of the league. Domi should have received way more, being a 50+ pt Center capable of hitting 70+ at a young age. You know it’s bad when Viqsi (aka the biggest Anderson fangirl in the world) is jumping up and down in excitement also laughing at our expense.

This WILL go down as Bergevin’s absolute worst trade, and that is saying A LOT. And ain’t nobody going to tell me in some months from now “wtf Bergy sucks” while every single one of you seems to be making an excuse for his absolute trash trade now.
IF Anderson stays healthy, and that is a big if true, you will be embarrassed by this post in a year.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Abderso

I don't get this. It's like people have no idea what Habs need. Anderson has very high shot totals and has shown he can score goals. IF he stays healthy, he is a positive addition on an offence that needs goal scorers, not playmakers.

Domi scored 28 goals last year! That would be Anderson's best year. Stop dismissing him.

Reactions: calder candidate

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
CBJ with what might be one of the biggest reach of all time in the 1st rounds MB couldn’t have gotten 1st as part of the Anderson deal even if you need to add to Domi. There guy would have been available in the 2nd...

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Abderso

We needed some size in the top 9... Absolutely.

We also needed to improve our top 6 talent. We swapped a guy whose career best output matches the player he replaces personal worst season.

Talent matters. We downgraded in that department and I'm don't buy that the improved "balance" will make up the considerable difference... And that's IF Anderson stays healthy and pitches a career best year.

A Loyal Demidog

Marc Bergevin's Bitch
Oct 20, 2016
IF Anderson stays healthy, and that is a big if true, you will be embarrassed by this post in a year.
IF Anderson doesn't bounce back, and that is very likely, you will be embarrassed by your post in a year.

Besides, I'll never be embarrassed by this post because EVERYONE knows Domi was worth significantly more than Anderson (I mean, go look at my poll: Anderson vs 3rd round pick - it's very close lol). So regardless of what Anderson does next year, the point stands: Bergevin could have had MORE. He was in a position of strength and somehow made it his weakness. This is somewhat like Subban vs Weber, except Anderson is coming off a shitty year, while Weber wasn't. And sure, while Weber became better, the point stands that Bergevin could have had more for Subban as well.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
This trade reminds me of the Cammalleri vs Bourque trade.

Bourque was never expected to play up to Cammalleri’s level, however, part of the reason that the Habs traded for him was due to his size. Bourque didn’t have the scoring touch that Cammalleri had but his frame was what the Canadiens wanted.

Hopefully history doesn’t repeat itself...
It's not at all like that trade. When healthy, Anderson shoots a lot and scores a lot. And he is not in a brain fog like Bourque. The only criticism of this trade I have is the health question, and yes that is a big risk. But the upside is huge.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
I’m just gonna try and forget about the 3rd rounder. Domi for Anderson is a fair deal. Plus we will see what contracts they sign. The thing with Domi is he wants to be paid like he was PPG last year. That’s a big time risk considering how bad he was. Anderson should sign for cheap coming off an injury.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Man he is older than Domi lol

To clarify, I consider what Anderson was doing against us the year he scored 27 on the season amazing. He was all over the ice, imposing his physical game and a threat offensively. I.e. being an amazing power forward. I like being a really good power forward better than amazing as a positive hope for his time here though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad