Blue Jays Discussion: And the off-season begins (list of FA's in Post #1)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005
This list is from an article nearly 4 years ago so it might be missing some later guys IDK but should be close

Important guys are Alford, Borucki, and Perdomo

edited to delete Urena from the above list. I swear he needed to be exposed so I didn't even check the list below for his name :facepalm:

2016_F_large.png

The List Absolutely Atrocious to say the least. Alford a 240 hitter in high A Ball can't see it.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
The List Absolutely Atrocious to say the least. Alford a 240 hitter in high A Ball can't see it.

Now that you mention it, that's a good point. All this time, I've been basing my evaluation of Alford on OBP and SLG and wRC+ and plate approach and speed and defense and scouting reports, when all along I kept forgetting that his batting average isn't high enough that that he's basically just organizational filler.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
Now that you mention it, that's a good point. All this time, I've been basing my evaluation of Alford on OBP and SLG and wRC+ and plate approach and speed and defense and scouting reports, when all along I kept forgetting that his batting average isn't high enough that that he's basically just organizational filler.

Classic Freebird, to say the least. After all these years, he still does his shtick. I don't know if that's pathetic or admirable. :laugh:

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
MLB Insider Jon Morosi joins The Jeff Blair Show to discuss the work that lays ahead for the Toronto Blue Jays front office.

http://pmd.fan590.com/audio_on_dema...Wahoo,-World-Series-jb-20161028-Interview.mp3

"They’ve got a lot of work to do.”

“My message to Jays fans is don’t be surprised if there are dramatic changes.”

"This is a front office that is somewhat validated by the fact they have their handprints on both teams that made the ALCS."

"[That's]*a pretty strong mandate."

"They really do want to have that strong farm system, which takes a lot of time to develop."

"It isn't necessarily the sexiest thing to do to talk about how many prospects you've got at Lansing or Dunedin, but that's the route. That's what you've got to do."

"The canvas at the major-league level, at least from a position player standpoint, is largely blank."

"I think in general it's a two-tiered process."

"We'll see how much money they have to go out there and chase some free agent bats."

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
"The canvas at the major-league level, at least from a position player standpoint, is largely blank."

What the hell is he even trying to say here? I mean... I guess it's true if you ignore Donaldson, Tulowitzki, Martin, Travis, Pillar and a few bench pieces. But that seems odd.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
I don't even know what he means when he says it'll take a long time to develop a strong farm system. John Manuel at BA seems to think it's already a top 10 system, with 6 to 8 potential names that could enter the top 100 list.

Frank (Indianapolis IN): How many of these guys are likely to make the BA 100?

John Manuel: Fine place to start, Frank. I’m bullish on the Jays system; I could see at least 6 Jays in the Top 100, down to Rowdy Tellez, and could see Bo Bichette and/or TJ Zeuch in as well. Bo had a loud debut; in some early iterations of this list, I almost had him as high as No. 4 in some iterations of this list. Eventually I tempered my enthusiasm. But I could see him & Zeuch being Top 100 as well. I really like this system’s top 10.
Read more at http://www.baseballamerica.com/minors/blue-jays-top-10-prospects-chat/#zCC3sC9H8YBLCKJl.99

Epictetus

YNWA
Jan 2, 2010
Ontario
Kinda find it odd that you're calling a 7 year vet a kid. :laugh:

But yeah, I would love more versatility on the Jays too. Just not someone like Carlos Santana in LF.

Yeah, it's just a habit. :laugh:

I've always liked Santana and just saw him in LF, so that gave me even more reason to like him.

Definitely do not think he's the best illustration for 'versatility', but nevertheless, it'd be a great trait to improve upon. I've got no problem with platoons, either. More depth in general. Stronger bench.

Mar 14, 2011
Cubs fans must feel very frustrated with their team not being able to put up any runs against Josh Tomlin. A lot of Jays fans can relate, I though he was the one guy the Jays could put up crazy numbers against before the ALCS started.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Cubs fans must feel very frustrated with their team not being able to put up any runs against Josh Tomlin. A lot of Jays fans can relate, I though he was the one guy the Jays could put up crazy numbers against before the ALCS started.

It eases the pain a little bit. Glad that Tomlin wasn't a fluke because it was hard to digest losing to the Indians missing their #2 and #3 pitchers.

Cubs aren't going to comeback. It's over in Game 5. They are very much like the Jays. It's feast or famine for the Cubs offense.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
indians shutting down boston toronto cubs would be one hella well earned championship.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Cubs aren't going to comeback. It's over in Game 5. They are very much like the Jays. It's feast or famine for the Cubs offense.

The three teams Cleveland has shut down in the postseason finished 1st, 2nd, and 6th in the league in OBP. That's the opposite of feast or famine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad