Confirmed with Link: [ANA/OTT] Erik Gudbranson for 2021 5th round pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I would rather have Deangelo than barrie or shatt tbh. As long as zegras drysdale comtois and 1st arnt on the table I’m prob cool with anything else going back

Don’t see the Rangers trading DeAngelo, and Shattenkirk would likely be the cheaper option between him and Barrie. Don’t see Shattenkirk asking for a ton since he is still being paid by the Rangers for another 3 years.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Don’t see the Rangers trading DeAngelo, and Shattenkirk would likely be the cheaper option between him and Barrie. Don’t see Shattenkirk asking for a ton since he is still being paid by the Rangers for another 3 years.
I thought the Rangers were already trying to trade him

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Deangelo is not someone I would want in the locker room.

DeAngelo sticks up for his teammates on and off the ice. I think he has matured a lot in the last couple of years, but he seems to really love it in NY, do don’t know how moving to another team will be. Could go well, or not.

Reactions: DuckRogers10

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas
Bittersweet. I had a soft spot for Gudbranson as I think he found his game in Anaheim. Trading him to Ottawa is clearly a precursor to making a splash in free agency. His replacement will all but certainly be an upgrade, albeit with a different style of play.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Clearly this move was about moving money. I liked Guds and he would have fit in the top 4 nicely, but if this cap space is used to bring in help for PP, I am fine with it.

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
There it is.... Murray’s big offseason trade!

I actually though Gudbranson did well as Cam’s partner and let him roam more offensively. I liked how he stood up for our players since Manson took the backseat on that role. This is a dumb trade of pretty much zero return. The only thing this smells of is that Murray wanted some play money to roll the dice of a free agent. It is a move that didn’t have to happen if he didn’t take on Backes in that lopsided trade for that glorified first when Kase was enough.

Who is going to take Guds role? Hakanpaa? Good lord... I feel bad for Cam who gets a new partner every year, and Gibby who’s gonna get charged every game until he needs to fake injury again and become another Price.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
DeAngelo sticks up for his teammates on and off the ice. I think he has matured a lot in the last couple of years, but he seems to really love it in NY, do don’t know how moving to another team will be. Could go well, or not.
He's been involved in a lot of off-ice controversies, including very recently, that makes me think he isn't very bright. I wouldn't feel comfortable with him.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He's been involved in a lot of off-ice controversies, including very recently, that makes me think he isn't very bright. I wouldn't feel comfortable with him.

Honestly, rather get Shattenkirk or Barrie for 2 years, and then when Drysdale is ready add him to the line-up, but this way won’t have to rush him.

I also have concern for DeAngelo going to another team. He works well in NY, so why mess with that.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
I'm just going to throw this out there but what about Letang? Only a few years left. Big physical guy who can put up points on the blue line. Pit has been rumored to be moving on from him. Id probably take him over all the UFAs minus Peitrangelo. With LTIR we might even be able to fit Him.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
On the flip side this is kinda weird for Ottawa. In a vacuum its pretty decent and if they want I'm sure they'll get more for him at the deadline, and maybe they just really like him in particular. But when there are so many teams looking to shed salary and will pay to do it, why not just go that route instead? Maybe someone like Kris Russell wouldn't go there but I'd bet Edmonton would've given a second or third to get out of that one for not a heck of a lot of difference.

ottawa boy and his salary was less than his cap hit

12ozPapa

Make space for The Papa
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2012
Every year Bob either dives into the bargin bin or doesn’t do anything impactful. He usually should.

This year, he should stand pat, in my opinion, but he’s going to give out a dumb contract to a dman that won’t help us get back to the playoffs because the rest of the team needs growth.

Either he’ll overpay/too long of a contract for Shattenkirk or someone, or give some jabroni like Stoner a stupid contract.

All Mighty

Sep 20, 2014
California
allmightyhockeytalk.com
I wonder if this opens the door to a potential Fowler-Hakanpaa pairing. Gudbranson and Hakanpaa play similar styles, and Jani looked much better at the end of the year. I think we can all agree that a possible Fowler-Barrie/Shattenkirk pairing is worrisome, but maybe Hakanpaa has impressed enough to be given a chance there.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
On the flip side this is kinda weird for Ottawa. In a vacuum its pretty decent and if they want I'm sure they'll get more for him at the deadline, and maybe they just really like him in particular. But when there are so many teams looking to shed salary and will pay to do it, why not just go that route instead? Maybe someone like Kris Russell wouldn't go there but I'd bet Edmonton would've given a second or third to get out of that one for not a heck of a lot of difference.

Maybe that's Murray's idea? Dump Guds cheap, then get a better pick for taking on a marginally worse player?

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
The Ducks gave up a 7th round pick and a minor league roster filler to get Gudbranson and now trade him for a 5th round pick. Thats a win in terms of asset management.'
A 4th would have been ideal but still a win.
no idea how we got a 5th when ryan murray got a 5th.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal

I think they want to have veterans on their club to help shelter their youth. Gudz showed he can be dependable in a specific role like he was for us in Anaheim. Be a solid defensive d-man, pinch in when he can, and add grit to that blue line, especially in the waning moments of the game to hold onto a win. Gudz fit in the top pairing with Lindholm as well as fit into the 2nd pairing with Fowler.

Gudz was a pure salary dump and I think we're going to push Drysdale up, which is sad. I hope I'm wrong about pushing Drysdale up, but he's the only chip (bringing in points from the blue line) I know we already have to induce trading Gudz before FA market opens up on Friday. Bob usually makes a move when he knows he already has one procured. So I'm still stunned. Maybe tomorrow will shed more light.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad