Confirmed with Link: [ANA/OTT] Erik Gudbranson for 2021 5th round pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Gudz had chemistry with both Fowler and Lindholm. He's a great failsafe in case of injury to Manson. I don't do this trade unless I knew I already had someone else in tow. But I already know the devil we have in Gudz and I like that devil in a Ducks uni. LoL Anyhow, I can only hope for the best and avoid thinking that we're going to bring Drysdale to the NHL this coming season.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Shattenkirk isn’t the target imo. He played super well in a contract year, just won the cup. Unless he’s this super humble character guy, I don’t see him playing with the same fire he did this past season. I see him coasting the rest of his career. Barrie on the other hand, younger dude, there’s a ton of value in the fact that he had a bad season. Bargain bob likes bargains. And Barrie this season , perfect time to sign him.

Completely agree. Shattenkirk was in the perfect situation last year. Anything other than taking a year by year approach with him is a mistake. So unless he’s willing to sign for only 1 year I really hope we don’t touch him.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Not a fan. Obviously has to wait a few days to see where it leads, but at first sight I don't like this at all.

Btw Cam was on pace for his best season. Maybe just MAYBE it was because he finally had a decent D partner. Ugh.

Good point. I don’t see Fowler doing well being paired with one of the UFA right handed offensive defensemen.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
this. Bob does not need to be signing Shattenkirk long term. I fear that’s his target though.

As do I. And I fear that also. He’s a soon to be 32 year old dman who can’t skate nearly as well as he used to and had to play sheltered minutes on a stacked team to get his career back on track. There should be massive buyer beware signals.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Have a feeling this is to clear cap for Barrie or Shattenkirk. Guds was pretty solid in the Top 4, so seems there is now a slot available.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Ugh idk how i feel about a potential barrie signing

i agree its 1 of our bigger holes in the line up... but idk if i can watch Barrie play in his own end every night.. you saw how much trouble i had watching manson in his own end this year and it prob wasnt even that bad.

Barrie is about 25x worse in his own end

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits.
Nov 26, 2017
We have to be looking for a dman. There’s a giant hole behind Manson now, this clears cap space and a roster spot.

Also good asset management. Pay nothing for Gudbransson and get a pick out of it. Thanks Dorion.

Might as well give a +1 to this for as often as I shit on Bob in this area, although time will tell if we could have possibly gotten more by just holding on to him at the deadline. Hindsight will be 20:20 depending on what we do tomorrow

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Pretty obvious BM is bringing Bieska back before the expansion draft

i feel like it has to be Barrie/Shatt... any other FA dmen feels like we coulda just kept Gudbranson

Reactions: McDonald19

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits.
Nov 26, 2017
I dont really like Barrie much... if thats who we are targeting... he should ideally help our powerplay and our transition game ... but damn is he a mess in his own end.

And what do we go
Fowler Barrie?

That pairing would get demolished with any type of zone pressure.

Given how Eakins tried to make Manson/Fowler work towards the back half of the year, whoever we sign tomorrow (if anyone) likely gets Lindholm as their running mate.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
We do need more points from the back end... specifically from the right side

Oh I get that, but not at the expense of giving up more goals. I know what we had in Gudz and I liked what he gave us. I just don't know who we're getting and for what term. Between the start of last year to this year, moving on from Gudz represents yet another moving part in our defense. I just want stability right now. Bob is thinking the same thing of needing more points from the back end because we don't have those top end forward talents coming in to save the Ducks any time soon.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I hope we're trading for Cernak. He's more what we need, especially long term. Djoos looked good on the power play, l'd continue giving him a look there.
Isn’t toronto uninterested in moving Cernek, I read somewhere he was their top priority... which is pretty big considering who else they have as rfas

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Keep in mind it doesn't have to be a signing, Tony DeAngelo makes some sense there too, among others.
I would rather have Deangelo than barrie or shatt tbh. As long as zegras drysdale comtois and 1st arnt on the table I’m prob cool with anything else going back

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I hope we're trading for Cernak. He's more what we need, especially long term. Djoos looked good on the power play, l'd continue giving him a look there.
Tampa Bay literally said their first priority is signing Cernak.

Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
On the flip side this is kinda weird for Ottawa. In a vacuum its pretty decent and if they want I'm sure they'll get more for him at the deadline, and maybe they just really like him in particular. But when there are so many teams looking to shed salary and will pay to do it, why not just go that route instead? Maybe someone like Kris Russell wouldn't go there but I'd bet Edmonton would've given a second or third to get out of that one for not a heck of a lot of difference.

All Mighty

Sep 20, 2014
California
allmightyhockeytalk.com
I'm not into the idea of trading for DeAngelo. Not only will we have to trade some good pieces, but we will also have to give him a relatively large contract after the year he just had. And on top of that, we will have to either trade or expose a defenseman by next year anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad