Confirmed with Link: [ANA/OTT] Erik Gudbranson for 2021 5th round pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
I liked Gudbranson’s game and thought he might even be signed for a few years.

5th round picks are meh...but I understand the cap situation.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Highly doubt we get any good defensemen in FA.

Reactions: KelVarnsen

gilfaizon

Mar 28, 2012
PEI
It’s more if you factor in the Kesler LTIR. I’m not sure how that works in the off-season to be honest.

The rule used to be something like, you can go 10% over the cap in the offseason. Then we would place Kesler on the LTIR at the beginning of next season? IIRC

Reactions: McDonald19

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2012
It’s more if you factor in the Kesler LTIR. I’m not sure how that works in the off-season to be honest.

You only get max LTIR benefits when you're right at the cap. If we put him on LTIR right now it would only give us an extra 2m in space. In order to maximize the LTIR space they would need to spend the cap they have left first before they put Kesler on.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Ej1dI3BVcAATnb2

All Mighty

Sep 20, 2014
California
allmightyhockeytalk.com
I’m going to predict that Barrie will be our target. His value will be pretty low after last season, and I can’t see a quality team offering him much, especially with a flat cap. A perfect scenario to me would be a 1 or 2 year deal so he can rebuild his value.

Reactions: Sam Steel

MCB

Jun 21, 2019
Y'all aren't thinking like murray. Bringing Bieksa out of retirement. 7 years full NMC.
Kidding aside vat would be a dream but I am holding my hopes so I'm not disappointed too much.

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
I’m going to predict that Barrie will be our target. His value will be pretty low after last season, and I can’t see a quality team offering him much, especially with a flat cap. A perfect scenario to me would be a 1 or 2 year deal so he can rebuild his value.
It will probably be 3 years. We have to over pay to get players to come to Anaheim. It just is what it is!

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
We have to be looking for a dman. There’s a giant hole behind Manson now, this clears cap space and a roster spot.

Also good asset management. Pay nothing for Gudbransson and get a pick out of it. Thanks Dorion.

I dont really like Barrie much... if thats who we are targeting... he should ideally help our powerplay and our transition game ... but damn is he a mess in his own end.

And what do we go
Fowler Barrie?

That pairing would get demolished with any type of zone pressure.

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
Shattenkirk isn’t the target imo. He played super well in a contract year, just won the cup. Unless he’s this super humble character guy, I don’t see him playing with the same fire he did this past season. I see him coasting the rest of his career. Barrie on the other hand, younger dude, there’s a ton of value in the fact that he had a bad season. Bargain bob likes bargains. And Barrie this season , perfect time to sign him.

Reactions: Paul4587

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Also if we are targeting a RHD to help the PP I really hope it’s Barrie and not Shattenkirk. Both are bad defensively but the former is younger, better and can QB a first unit. Shattenkirk while still useful is more a second unit guy which we already have an abundance of in Curran (if he makes it), Fowler and Lindholm.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Also if we are targeting a RHD to help the PP I really hope it’s Barrie and not Shattenkirk. Both are bad defensively but the former is younger, better and can QB a first unit. Shattenkirk while still useful is more a second unit guy which we already have an abundance of in Curran (if he makes it), Fowler and Lindholm.

this. Bob does not need to be signing Shattenkirk long term. I fear that’s his target though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad