Amazon Prime Monday Night Hockey

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
It would be cool if Uncle Gary allowed fans in the US to watch this game. But alas, he’s a dickhead.
Amazon bought the Monday night National rights for Canada, from Sportsnet, for this year and next year. So Sportsnet could re coup some money they paid for 12 year deal (losing some money).

So it wouldn’t be a US game, but you can get still get the TB feed in the US.

Amazon TNF isn’t available in Canada, but we get game via TSN.

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA
Amazon bought the Monday night National rights for Canada, from Sportsnet, for this year and next year. So Sportsnet could re coup some money they paid for 12 year deal (losing some money).

So it wouldn’t be a US game, but you can get still get the TB feed in the US.

Amazon TNF isn’t available in Canada, but we get game via TSN.

No you can’t, it’s on the NHL Network here.

Reactions: kingsholygrail

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
You honestly have to pay for like 5 different services if you want to watch all of a team's games, out of market. It's greedy as shit.

When it comes to NHL Network, you have to pay an ungodly amount of money just to get the channel on one of the few services it's on (Comcast, Sling, Fubo). As long as that poor excuse for a channel exists and the NHL still says that games we put on that channel are blacked out everywhere else, they will never grow the game. The worst thing is it seems like they don't care.

There is like 2 easy solutions to this issue:

1. Put it on ESPN Plus, or Peacock if it's NBC Owned, and I have Peacock

2. Sell the channel direct to consumer for a small Subscription fee a month, like what MLB Network just started doing.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Bozo Nicholson

5 Alarm Fire™
Jun 6, 2015
When it comes to NHL Network, you have to pay an ungodly amount of money just to get the channel on one of the few services it's on (Comcast, Sling, Fubo). As long as that poor excuse for a channel exists and the NHL still says that games we put on that channel are blacked out everywhere else, they will never grow the game. The worst thing is it seems like they don't care.

There is like 2 easy solutions to this issue:

1. Put it on ESPN Plus, or Peacock if it's NBC Owned, and I have Peacock

2. Sell the channel direct to consumer for a small Subscription fee a month, like what MLB Network just started doing.
It's nuts. The only game of the night and you have to have an upgraded Fubo TV account to watch it.

Reactions: SJSharksfan39

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
From now on I’m only watching hockey on Amazon Prime. I refuse to watch anything else. Jeff Bezos can take all my money.

Reactions: sxvnert

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Any thought regarding the first day of Prime Monday Night Hockey?? I think production quality, sound quality blows Rogers Sportsnet out of the water. They have a much cleaner graphics, score bar and the panel seems pretty professional.

Sportsnet plus has been complete garbage in Canada for reliability due to glitches and constant errors.
And minus the moral lectures. Massive win for the fans.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Sports on prime has been awesome overall but this games audio is just a bit ahead of my video feed and it's extremely annoying to watch.
Mute for now and refresh after intermission to see if it's resolved.

Enniskillen

Jan 16, 2021
Let Amazon broadcast all the other games, so much better than sportsnet, I even watched the intermission stuff lol. Sportsnet is horrendous.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
I enjoyed the broadcast. Much better crew and production than piece of shit Sportsnet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad