Confirmed with Link: [Alter] Brad Treliving officially announces Auston Matthews as the first ever US born captain of the Leafs

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
Why is first US born important?

Who's he gonna drop the gloves with first to stick up for a teammate and show captain leadership?

Why is the Captain leadership? A 69 goal scorer drops the gloves and breaks his hand on a helmet, is that leadership or stupidity...?

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I suspect they will give Nylander a serious shot at earning the 2C spot this year.

Marner and Minten are other possibilities.

I can see either signing JT at $3-4M for a season or two as a 3C, or letting him retire as a Leaf and moving him upstairs (how about as a faceoff coach - maybe his best chance of getting his name on the Cup?)

I really wouldn't put Minten as a top6 center. I'd rather he develop in bottom 6 for a season or two and then take the top6 reigns.

Tavares IMO really depends on what he is looking for as a pending UFA. if he is looking for a lucrative contract, thats not gonna be with the Leafs IMO

Marner really isn't center material honestly. Just see Crosby's spittin chicklets chat where he says he has to work on his skating as game is getting fast every year and now a days defense pinches so much that if center isn't helping out on the boards your team is toast. And quite frankly Marner absolutely SUCKS with board battles and avoids contact more than I avoid broccoli :laugh:

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
AAV is irrelevant to whether he is a 1C, or 4C.

He ranked 40th in points for C's... noting that a bunch of listed C's, aren't C's. Whether you go with absolute points, or PPG... 40th - 48th is firmly in the 2C category. Which would be 33rd- 64th in production. He'll firmly be in that category again this season.

He's a 2C.

I don't know about that man. In a cap world; one cannot really discount production given cap hit. If we had no cap then I'd probably agree with you; but with cap constraints; the evolution of speed in the game production given cap hit matters IMO

Reactions: Cleetus

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
I don't know about that man. In a cap world; one cannot really discount production given cap hit. If we had no cap then I'd probably agree with you; but with cap constraints; the evolution of speed in the game production given cap hit matters IMO

Production vs cap matters. But an overpaid 2C is still a 2C

After losing to Montreal this was what was on his mind

He was asked the question. What do you want from him…

Reactions: Insidefi and bax

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Did Nylander snub Matthews by not attending or was he not invited?

• Haha
Reactions: bax

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
I agree tbh. This ain't the NBA/NFL, keep that streetwear bullshit at home

LMAO, again, wearing street clothes to a game has what kind of effect?

The answer is zero. NFL/NBA players are elite and them not wearing suits hasn’t affected that.

I'm such a crusty fkn whiner. All I could think when AM34 walked out with he should wear a proper suit , shirt & shoes.

Dear lord I need to lighten up.

It’s summer, I think all three went with comfortability. With the lights it’s probably not as hell on that stage. Treliving looked like
He was in a swimming pool

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
John Tavares is so much about the team first… he even has his 3 kids at the presser wearing AM34 jerseys.

Pure Class
What kind of discount can we expect from Tavares with his team first nature?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad