All Things Jerseys

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

KennyWu

Oct 14, 2010
Front crest looks nice with the raised letters, but agree the striping looks odd.

Hate the plain white letters/numbers. They look like iron on one's you'd add at a local shop

Isles Junkie

Jul 4, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
If the arm stripes were more simplistic like the stripes at the bottom, then that could be a really cool 3rd jersey. It also wouldn't hurt to have classic NYR Drop shadow on the numbers. I like the darker blue, i like the lighter greyish blue on the logo, but why not just stick with 1 of those blues for both the logo & the jersey. There's enough contrast in the shield logo where it wouldn't get lost if they were the same color.

It'll probably look pretty cool as a uniform with socks that likely match those arm stripes, and some gloves with red accents. But yeah, those arms really hold this jersey back.

Reactions: Cmox

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC

It stinks and I don't like it.

I hate both. Its so basic and it looks like not much effort was put into making yet another jersey, which is in reality just so the NHL can make more money. If you are going to have new jerseys every year which is what has been the trend, then make them great and worth buying. There is nothing to that design.

Personally would have liked white liberty jerseys to contrast the blues. In reality they should have come out with those last year instead of just another blue liberty. I also liked the crest from the 2012 winter classic, everyone seems to — why not build off that
Agreed. My second favorite jersey after the white liberty.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
It’s a bit all over the place. Two different shades of blue. Two different stripe patterns.
That's my biggest gripe with the liberties and now this jersey. There actually 3 shades of blue. The crest doesnt match the dark navy nor the lighter blue stripes. Thats a simple design no-no. Even the old 70s crest jerseys matched up.

Not sure how much it would improve this design however. Best jerseys stick to a 3 color base. This has 4 or possibly 5 or 6 considering the shades dont exactly line up because of the differing materials.

If the socks match the pattern of the striped arms remind me to do Shrooms the games they wear these on the ice.

Edit- that last pic makes the blues a little closer. Will need to see it in person. Still doesnt do much for the look imo

Last edited:

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Hated the jersey when I first saw it. Since then, it's grown on me to where it's still the worst jersey the Rangers have ever worn but not as bad as I originally thought. I like the subway tiling pattern in the collar and I like the bottom striping. The arm striping isn't my favorite thing but it was unique and had potential if implemented correctly. I think the shield logo on the front ruins the entire thing and don't think I like the all white name and numbers. Willing to give the entire uniform combo a shot on ice but this feels like the team trying something unique and different beyond traditional uniforms from their past but falling short with laziness and a bland design.

Also, if this was the Stadium Series jersey I'd be perfectly fine with it as a one-off type deal. Don't like the fact that it's considered an alternate jersey and will be worn multiple times.

Reactions: superyan

RosensRug

Oct 1, 2020
Looks like some ebay sellers are getting the new alternate in various sizes. Picked up a 60 Igor yesterday.... Looking forward to getting it and seeing how it looks in person rather than pics

Brother Mouzone

May 23, 2014

joaquin-phoenix-gladiator.gif

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Still have a Fox size 50 home authentic that I’d like to sell. Bought it at the Garden at the start of his sophomore season, in great shape.

We’re also trying to sell my wife’s Shesterkin home authentic from Cool Hockey now. She’s only worn it once. It’s in perfect brand new shape.

We’re collectively down to our last $100, with thanksgiving two days away and rent due in 10 days. We’ve sold bags and bags of clothes to local second hand shops, sold our grill, one of our two TVs, PS5, most of my hockey gear. I’ve been doing food delivery where I can. I’ve never been this f***ed in my life and I don’t know what we’re going to do, but if you’re considering buying a jersey, please consider buying one of these.

Reactions: nyrmetros

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Still have a Fox size 50 home authentic that I’d like to sell. Bought it at the Garden at the start of his sophomore season, in great shape.

We’re also trying to sell my wife’s Shesterkin home authentic from Cool Hockey now. She’s only worn it once. It’s in perfect brand new shape.

We’re collectively down to our last $100, with thanksgiving two days away and rent due in 10 days. We’ve sold bags and bags of clothes to local second hand shops, sold our grill, one of our two TVs, PS5, most of my hockey gear. I’ve been doing food delivery where I can. I’ve never been this f***ed in my life and I don’t know what we’re going to do, but if you’re considering buying a jersey, please consider buying one of these.
Sorry to hear your situation. I'm not in the market for one of these currently but I'd recommend posting to eBay (obvious suggestion) but also to post in the Not Game Worn Hockey Jersey Collectors group on Facebook if you haven't already. Lots of collectors there who may bite at a good price. Good luck selling and with everything going on.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Navy helmets in practice? They look closer to black.

That full kit is going to be all over the place. Cant wait to see the socks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad