All Purpose Training Camp Thread.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
Scott Laughton (PHI), Morgan Rielly (TOR), Frank Corrado (VAN), Mark Scheifele (WPG). Most are confirmed but a few are still "likely."

Well then hockey is happening and it seems like Rielly is coming.

@mirtle: Leafs have medical and fitness testing starting at 9 a.m. and then a practice at 2 p.m. Welcome to a six-day training camp.

Last edited by a moderator:

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Arash Madani ‏@ArashMadani
van Riemsdyk eager to work on the wing, says getting timing down is critical. Didn't have much dialogue w/ #Leafs coaching staff pre-lockout

James van Riemsdyk spent most of the lockout in Minnesota working with #NHL guys in God's country. #Leafs

x94Galchenyuk94x*

Burke confirmed Rielly would be coming to camp in an interview during the WJs.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
No surprise Rielly is coming to Camp. I'd be very surprised if he see's a game.

Leafsman

I guess $11M doesn't buy you what it use to
May 22, 2008
No surprise Rielly is coming to Camp. I'd be very surprised if he see's a game.

This is one of the many ****** things about this stupid lockout! Reilly misses out on valuable experience from a full training camp and exhibition games.

Ruki

Jul 21, 2010
If there was but yea, also lupul :laugh: :
Lupul on his eight-game stint in Russia: "I didn't really understand what the coaches were saying. I just did my own thing." #Leafs

Bwaha, that is amazing. I love Lupul.

Deebo

Jan 28, 2005
Toronto
I wonder what the cut-off for burning a year of of contract is in this shortened season.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Bozak shrugged off trade rumours involving him going the other way with Luongo. Added, little NHL talk on Denver TV during lockout. #Leafs

Bwaha, that is amazing. I love Lupul.

Lupul on time in Russia: "I was bored." And: "There's lots of vodka." Thought a couple times that the CBA would be settled earlier. #Leafs

Warrior16

Apr 30, 2010
Lance Hornby ‏@sunhornby
Marlies left Scrivens, Holzer, Fraser, Gardiner, Frattin, Kadri and Kostka in Toronto to get ready for Leaf camp as they went to St. John's.

TmlHockeyFan

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Lance Hornby ‏@sunhornby
Marlies left Scrivens, Holzer, Fraser, Gardiner, Frattin, Kadri and Kostka in Toronto to get ready for Leaf camp as they went to St. John's.

I actually hope all of those mentioned make it (I only don't care too much about Scrivens).

So Paul Ranger isn't eligible to play in the NHL this season?

JAMmer124

Independent Living
Aug 13, 2010
Welland, Ontario
@DarrenDreger: Leafs prospect Morgan Reilly will draw attention at camp. It's possible but not probable he makes NHL roster. Will likely play full 5 games.

bbgobie

Sep 19, 2009
No Ashton at camp?
I thought it odd that Nonis specifically mentioned him in the future during interviews.
Seems for all those saying Ashton trade was bad, he was a Nonis guy not a Burke...

HockeyGuruPitka

Jan 27, 2010
Toronto
I actually hope all of those mentioned make it (I only don't care too much about Scrivens).

So Paul Ranger isn't eligible to play in the NHL this season?

He has to be on an NHL contract. HOWEVER the leafs can sign him to one as soon as the CBA is ratified. GOOD news is that any 1 way contract under 900,000 a year can be buried and recalled in and from the minors without being subject to waivers. This is what will happen.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
No Ashton at camp?
I thought it odd that Nonis specifically mentioned him in the future during interviews.
Seems for all those saying Ashton trade was bad, he was a Nonis guy not a Burke...

He probably will be in camp.

Leafs will have around 30 players this Sunday and with the way he has been playing, there's no doubt he'll be there.

I don't think he will make the team this year but they have to invite him.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Lance Hornby ‏@sunhornby

Good to hear. Hopefully Gardiner will be ready at some point during camp. I can't see Frattin, Kadri, Holzer or Fraser not making the team. Kostka wouldn't really make sense with Liles (and hopefully Gardiner) already in the lineup.

No Ashton at camp?

Ashton needs time in the AHL. There's no sense rushing him when he'll get better playing time down there without Frattin and Kadri in the lineup.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
@DarrenDreger: Leafs prospect Morgan Reilly will draw attention at camp. It's possible but not probable he makes NHL roster. Will likely play full 5 games.

I'm very surprised by this.

JMcLeaf

Nonis will have to make some trades, or Carlyle will have to sit some older players if both Frattin & Kadri are going to make it.

As I see it right now:

Lupul-Bozak-Kessel
JVR-Grabo-Macarthur
Kulemin-Connolly-Frattin
Komarov-McClemment-Brown

scatches: lombardi, steckel

Wouldn't mind seeing Mac get moved

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Dreger was mentioning yesterday that he expects a flurry of activity next week. Things could get interesting soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad