All Purpose Training Camp Thread.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Warrior16

Apr 30, 2010
Hopefully from playing with the Marlies it will give some of these guys an extra step in this shortened camp. Pulling for Kadri to make some noise, and hoping Gardiner can get healthy and be ready asap.

Michael Gary Scott

Toronto Maple Tron's
Apr 27, 2010
Michael Traikos says that Orr looks much improved. Lost weight and skating better. Be nice to have him and Brownie patrolling the 4th line against a team like Boston. Did Hamilton get an invite to training camp?

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Michael Traikos says that Orr looks much improved. Lost weight and skating better. Be nice to have him and Brownie patrolling the 4th line against a team like Boston. Did Hamilton get an invite to training camp?

IF you are taling about dougie hamilton yes. However a lot of our marlie boys should be there for us, i'd think so would be Ryan Hamilton

Michael Gary Scott

Toronto Maple Tron's
Apr 27, 2010
IF you are taling about dougie hamilton yes. However a lot of our marlie boys should be there for us, i'd think so would be Ryan Hamilton

I meant Ryan Hamilton, couldnt care less about Dougie to be perfectly honest!:laugh: If Hamilton isnt in consideration theres something seriously wrong here.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
I've got a couple of things to ask and comment on.

1. Is Barb Underhill still the skating coach and will she have a big impact on getting these guys into form for the season? That's going to be an interesting thing that not many media outlets have touched on. They have all said that guys have to get back into game shape, but not mentioned how weighted it will be on the skating coach to do so.

2. How many games do junior kids have before they can be sent back to junior without counting for a full year? Was it the 6 games that Dreger mentioned? I think that having Rielly up in camp for more than 1 is a huge mistake. He's going to get walked around quite easily and the coaches are going to try and overcompensate for the parts of his game that are missing and when all is said and done, his game will take a step back.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
He probably will be in camp.

Leafs will have around 30 players this Sunday and with the way he has been playing, there's no doubt he'll be there.

I don't think he will make the team this year but they have to invite him.

Well I was wrong because apparently Ashton, along with Colborne, will be in St-John for this week-ends game.

Not a huge deal considering, like I said above, he probably would have made the team but it would have been a nice fist pump to his solid play so far.

Either way, he'll benefit from the added minutes quite a bit.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I've got a couple of things to ask and comment on.

1. Is Barb Underhill still the skating coach and will she have a big impact on getting these guys into form for the season? That's going to be an interesting thing that not many media outlets have touched on. They have all said that guys have to get back into game shape, but not mentioned how weighted it will be on the skating coach to do so.

2. How many games do junior kids have before they can be sent back to junior without counting for a full year? Was it the 6 games that Dreger mentioned? I think that having Rielly up in camp for more than 1 is a huge mistake. He's going to get walked around quite easily and the coaches are going to try and overcompensate for the parts of his game that are missing and when all is said and done, his game will take a step back.

Underhill is still the skating coach and has been here since last summer. A few players have all ready had many positive sessions with her.

Rielly will be at camp, after that who knows. It'll really depend on how he looks there. I think he might see a couple games with the Leafs but ultimately, he will be back with Moose Jaw by the 5th or 6th game.

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
Pretty much the Marlies will only send guys to Leafs camp if they have a legit shot of making the team.

Excluding Frattin (who I will call a Marlie player), Toronto already has 12 signed forwards, so frankly it makes sense that only Kadri and Frattin get the call up (although im surprised Aucoin wont be given a look)

On defence, things are much more open, as at present, we only have 4 NHL healthy defence men: Phaneuf, Liles, Gunnar and Komisarek. That means, as long as Gardiner is out, we have 3 open spots on defence. The top 4 Marlie defence man: Holzer, Kostka, Ranger, Fraser are all at a similar level, of course with Ranger almost certainly likely to play out the year with the Marlies, that leaves Holzer, Kostka, Fraser and Rielly to fight for 3 spots (maybe 2 if Komi plays well)

Of course Scrivens is our no 2 goalie

Penalty Kill Icing*

Is Orr playing anywhere now? He kinda disappeared, is he injured?

Skating with Leafs. Just saw a pic of him and Lupul in today's metro. I believe he'll be playing for leafs on 19th.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Camp starts Sunday? Or are we still waiting for players to finish voting?

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Camp starts Sunday? Or are we still waiting for players to finish voting?

Just wondering this.

Is Camp starting tomorrow?

Any updates on anything that doesn't pertain to Burke/Rogers/Bell/MLSE would be great.

McMatthews

Sep 12, 2007
Lupul - Bozak - Kessel
JVR - Grabovski - Kulemin
MacArthur - Connolly - Frattin
Komarov - McClement - Lombardi
Brown

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Just wondering this.

Any updates on anything that doesn't pertain to Burke/Rogers/Bell/MLSE would be great.

Well according to things I've read around, players finished voting today, everything is being drafted up by lawyers then Fehr and Bettman have to physically sign it and ta-da, camp can begin.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Just wondering this.

Yup, the CBA is expected to be finalized this afternoon. With camps opening tomorrow (wouldn't be surprised if some teams start tonight)

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Yup, the CBA is expected to be finalized this afternoon. With camps opening tomorrow (wouldn't be surprised if some teams start tonight)

Not sure about other teams but the Preds have started informal practices just a few minutes ago.

I wonder if Carlyle will go back to the Kulemin - Grabovski - MacArthur line at all during this short camp. RC wants the team grind it out, and cycle the puck, something that line did very well.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Not sure about other teams but the Preds have started informal practices just a few minutes ago.

I wonder if Carlyle will go back to the Kulemin - Grabovski - MacArthur line at all during this short camp. RC wants the team grind it out, and cycle the puck, something that line did very well.

Most teams have started practices, just the coaches can't be on the ice until everything is finalized. Likely that Weber is running them.

I wouldn't be suprised. JVR - McClement - Frattin on the 3rd wouldn't be bad.

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008
I think we'll be seeing Kulemin and Grabovski together to open the season. All they need to do is keep playing like they already were in Russia and we'll be looking at another 30/30 season for both of them.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
I think we'll be seeing Kulemin and Grabovski together to open the season. All they need to do is keep playing like they already were in Russia and we'll be looking at another 30/30 season for both of them.

There's only 48 games in the season. You really think either of them are going to score 30 goals?

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
With Franson expected to sign, what are the hopefuls for the defense lineup.

Gunnarson. Phaneuf
Gardiner Franson
Liles Holzer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad