All Purpose Trade/Roster Building Thread XIII - the 23 deadline approaches

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Pretty much all of our AHL players are just throw ins at this point to any kind of trade. When Malte Stromwall is your leading scorer, you know there's a lot of stagnation going on Chicago. Losing Warsofsky really hurt.

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
Pretty much all of our AHL players are just throw ins at this point to any kind of trade. When Malte Stromwall is your leading scorer, you know there's a lot of stagnation going on Chicago. Losing Warsofsky really hurt.
What?

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Your highest scorer is a 28 year old and your prospects suck? Almost every team has this problem then

Reactions: AhosDatsyukian

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
let's see who is laughing after someone runs Aho or Jarvis with no retaliation. It won't be you. Playoff hockey is a different animal. Did you autopsy the last three playoff exits for the Canes? Guess you think this roster can handle the Bruins when scoring is hard to come by.

Who'd the Canes play in the first round last year?

Sigurd

Slavin, our Lord and Saver (AKA Extra Goalie)
Feb 4, 2018
North Carolina
:laugh:

Lawd. Okay….

Hits and fights win championships
I mean, I don't want one dimensional players that are only bruisers (not saying Jeannot is because tbh I haven't watched him), but it's not a crazy idea/desire for fans to want their team to get tougher for the playoffs.

In terms of importance for our roster, the following should be our priorities IMO:

1. Top 6 offensive forward
2. 3rd pairing defenseman
3. Bottom 6 forward that preferably has some toughness

I'd be happy if we just get 1 and 2 done though.

Nikishin Go Boom

Jul 31, 2017
I mean, I don't want one dimensional players that are only bruisers (not saying Jeannot is because tbh I haven't watched him), but it's not a crazy idea/desire for fans to want their team to get tougher for the playoffs.

In terms of importance for our roster, the following should be our priorities IMO:

1. Top 6 offensive forward
2. 3rd pairing defenseman
3. Bottom 6 forward that preferably has some toughness

I'd be happy if we just get 1 and 2 done though.
He is just that. He had a wild shooting year last year but, he is a 4th line bruiser.

Reactions: Sigurd

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Reading social media tea leaves....

Meier to NJ, and we might be upset with how little they give up

But that's just social media guessing

Reactions: Negan4Coach

HydratedByStormBrew

Sep 26, 2022
Rally, NC
Watching the pregame, Tripp brought up 2006 and the trade deadline when Rod was a player. Rod kind of nonchalantly talked about it and then looked at the camera and said “90% of its just noise” then mentioned how he heard nothing about being traded when he was Philly until he was. I know we all know that and I’m not one to read into things, but it was an interesting interview.

Obligatory I’m also 7 storm brews deep.

Nikishin Go Boom

Jul 31, 2017
Reading social media tea leaves....

Meier to NJ, and we might be upset with how little they give up

But that's just social media guessing
Unless they give up a 1st, Mercer and Hughes there will be folks who are mad and feel we could have done more. If it was that easy or something

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
If the Devils get him, they get him. Other teams get to be good and get good players. Even if we think something we have is better, doesn't mean San Jose or anyone else does. As I've said over and over though, this one move, or lack thereof, won't make or break this team.

chaz4hockey

Old man but still a PP2 Candidate
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Ugh
If the Devils get him, they get him. Other teams get to be good and get good players. Even if we think something we have is better, doesn't mean San Jose or anyone else does. As I've said over and over though, this one move, or lack thereof, won't make or break this team.
true but a player like this young and a star doesn’t come along very often in trade opportunities. He would be a multi year star for us.

Reactions: Negan4Coach
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad