All Purpose Trade/Roster Building Thread XIII - the 23 deadline approaches

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Regarding Kane to the Rags...

Look it is what it is, they get a scorer that doesn't give a shit about defense. Their chances to win the Cup don't lie with how many goals they score, it's about how many they give up, and if Shesty keeps being pedestrian, it'll be for nothing.

The big question remains the same... What do we do? Get Meier and it probably pushes us to solid favorite in the Metro. He goes to NJ and it's a free for all
Even with a pedestrian Shesterkin, the Rangers are 7th in the NHL for GA/GP with 2.70 GA/GP. Canes are 4th with 2.61.

I don't think it's right to assume they are going to be a scoring machine that gives up a lot of goals, especially if Shesterkin gets hot.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
If not Meier I bet they look at JVR or Schmaltz. I still think maybe they’d be interested in Miller if van would basically let him go for peanuts
not with that extension I don't think we would. It would require massive retention on the extension he just signed for next season and I don't even know if that's even allowed as part of this current trade. Pretty sure it's not, and I can't see Vancouver deciding to eat the 3 mil or so it would take to make a move palatable anyway for the duration of that deal even if it were allowed.

Reactions: cptjeff

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
not with that extension I don't think we would. It would require massive retention on the extension he just signed for next season and I don't even know if that's even allowed as part of this current trade. Pretty sure it's not, and I can't see Vancouver deciding to eat the 3 mil or so it would take to make a move palatable anyway for the duration of that deal even if it were allowed.
I think if they like the player enough and can get him for free they would do it

I think if they like the player enough and can get him for free they would do it
Caps going up 8 million isn’t terrible for a player of his caliber

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC

Caps going up 8 million isn’t terrible for a player of his caliber
8M per on a guy that's signed til he's 38... that's just flat out not happening under this management.

Cap's not going up much, and with possible Armageddon for Sinclair that's going to slow down potential cap growth until it's worked out.

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
8M per on a guy that's signed til he's 38... that's just flat out not happening under this management.

Cap's not going up much, and with possible Armageddon for Sinclair that's going to slow down potential cap growth until it's worked out.
We’ll see what happens I think if the cost is low it’s possible but I could be wrong.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
We could go buck

Get schmaltz, chychrun, and meier.

Schmaltz and Chychrun for
Cogs, 23 1st, 25 1st, 24 2nd, Nikishin, and Gunler

Meier @ 50% for Jarvis, 23 2nd, and philly’s 2nd

Meier @ 25% from minnesota for Bokk and a 4th

Stepan sent to the Wolves until the playoffs.

Okay back to reality

Sigurd

Slavin, our Lord and Saver (AKA Extra Goalie)
Feb 4, 2018
North Carolina
I'd assume Boston no longer being one of the defensemen suitors at this deadline would lower the price of Chychrun, and more so Gavrikov. I wonder if it has a domino effect and lowers the price of defensemen we are looking at?

However, I think Chychrun could truly be there this summer with how long Arizona has held out wanting a king's ransom (for over 1 year now) and they not lower their price after Boston's trade.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
It has to be Meier now. Our biggest competition both got better this deadline so far. I don't see any way around paying their price at this point. The Devils have young players too good to use on a deal like this one just like Jarvis is for us. Teams are falling out of the discussion rapidly. If we let NJ steal him, we've shot ourselves in the foot.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Also, it was already mentioned, but I cannot stress it enough, let's all point and laugh at Adam Gold
ready-laughing-hysterically.gif

ndp

Hurricanes Pessimist
Oct 29, 2015
I'd assume Boston no longer being one of the defensemen suitors at this deadline would lower the price of Chychrun, and more so Gavrikov. I wonder if it has a domino effect and lowers the price of defensemen we are looking at?

However, I think Chychrun could truly be there this summer with how long Arizona has held out wanting a king's ransom (for over 1 year now) and they not lower their price after Boston's trade.
Isn’t EDM looking to make an upgrade on defense?

Reactions: zman77

Sigurd

Feb 4, 2018
North Carolina
Also, speaking of Boston, at least they didn't get Horvat; something I think deserves more discussion. After this season, and their big forwards retire, they are gonna be a much weaker team. Long term, the Canes will be more competitive not just next season, but I'd argue beyond that too.

Their top 6 will be shit (certainly in the east even with Pasta re-signing) starting this summer. That's why they're going all in as I'm sure most of you know. We really dodged a bullet with Boston not getting Horvat, and Horvat offering a lifeline after the upcoming Boston retirements.

Isn’t EDM looking to make an upgrade on defense?
Yes.

Edmonton fans, from what I've gathered on the main board, seem pissed their GM couldn't/wouldn't beat Boston's offer.

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
Also, speaking of Boston, at least they didn't get Horvat; something I think deserves more discussion. After this season, and their big forwards retire, they are gonna be a much weaker team. Long term, the Canes will be more competitive not just next season, but I'd argue beyond that too.

Their top 6 will be shit (certainly in the east even with Pasta re-signing) starting this summer. That's why they're going all in as I'm sure most of you know. We really dodged a bullet with Boston not getting Horvat, and Horvat offering a lifeline after the upcoming Boston retirements.

Yes.

Edmonton fans, from what I've gathered on the main board, seem pissed their GM couldn't/wouldn't beat Boston's offer.
Who’s retiring??? Bergeron already said to be coming back

Sigurd

Feb 4, 2018
North Carolina
Unless I've missed a recent announcement, it's assumed, including by Boston fans on the main board from what I've read, that Bergeron retires this summer. He was "coming back" for this season after flirting with retiring last summer.

From what I've gathered, it's also assumed Krejci will retire, and again, including by Boston fans.

Nothing is set in stone at this point because, as far as I'm aware, neither player has said if they actually ARE retiring after this season (no surprise there), but certainly for Bergeron, I'd say the odds are good since last summer he seemed pretty close to it.

Either way, they don't have many seasons left.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC

Krejci... And that's only a maybe. I like that they missed Horvat because that was the most sensible succession plan, but until Bergeron is done they're still a total menace.

I don't think that Krejci or Bergy's retiring until they actually turn into potatoes...like all of the best ageless athletes of our time. I think that this idea of "retiring on top" is total BS. If you're good enough to make that cash, you make that cash.

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
Unless I've missed a recent announcement, it's assumed, including by Boston fans on the main board from what I've read, that Bergeron retires this summer. He was "coming back" for this season after flirting with retiring last summer.

From what I've gathered, it's also assumed Krejci will retire, and again, including by Boston fans.

Nothing is set in stone at this point because, as far as I'm aware, neither player has said if they actually ARE retiring after this season (no surprise there), but certainly for Bergeron, I'd say the odds are good since last summer he seemed pretty close to it.

Either way, they don't have many seasons left.
I just read couple weeks ago Bergeron isn’t done yet

Reactions: zman77

Identity404

I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious
Nov 5, 2005
Washington DC
I don't understand why people would be happy with Vrana. The dude is busy fighting personal demons and has played like 3 NHL games this season and not even lighting up the AHL. The odds of him contributing down the stretch or in the playoffs is pretty close to zero. Maybe he can get it together next year, but who knows? I'm sick of acquiring damaged assets that don't pan out.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
The N&O weighs in on the deadline:

The only thing I really found of note was that he said they’d be willing to trade Morrow or Drury, likely not both. Sounded like that at least came from firsthand knowledge…maybe

Reactions: Sigurd and cptjeff
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad