All Purpose Trade/Roster Building Thread XIII - the 23 deadline approaches

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
Yup sounds like kravstov and Zach Jones going to Chicago and picks to a third team…great if anything that probably makes the devils up their offer for Meier considering that’s the likely first round matchup

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
could, but double retention is the maximum allowed. Now if they send one of the two and Mikkola out in the deal they can make it work... unfortunately.

Yup sounds like kravstov and Zach Jones going to Chicago and picks to a third team…great if anything that probably makes the devils up their offer for Meier considering that’s the likely first round matchup
has to be more, and I mean that strictly from a cap standpoint. The return is going to be complete dogshit for Chicago as we knew all along. Kane Taylor Hall'd em.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
I'm genuinely not worried one bit about the trade deadline. I just don't like that the Rangers always have first dibs on NMC-type guys and how Boston loves to collect the worst characters in hockey as intimidation, but besides that, I'm pretty sure that Carolina has some interesting things up their sleeve.

Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I’m not “worried” either, just intrigued.

The fact of the matter is that Dundon is right. Not a ton we do will matter this playoff.

The real thing I’m interested in is our $10m in cap space at a critical window for leaguewide moves and how we’re going to weaponize it. Not on a rental, but some other way that’s going to (theoretically) improve our position moving forward. I’m excited about it.

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
They have to add now but they will still
be smart about it. Only question is does jersey panic and up the offer for Meier or do they back off

mikeyfan

Dec 27, 2018
Hate to say this but the Rags could send a conditional 6th to the Yotes for Weber, and have enough LTIR space for Kane at 50%

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Hate to say this but the Rags could send a conditional 6th to the Yotes for Weber, and have enough LTIR space for Kane at 50%

It doesn't work that way. They don't "create" cap space by taking on LTIR.

EDIT: To clarify, the Ranger's right now have $763K in cap space. If they add Weber, they add $7.875M in Cap. They then move that Cap to LTIR and are left with the same $763K in cap space.

Last edited:

mikeyfan

Dec 27, 2018
Wonder if Trochec’s NMC includes Chicago? It would be a little Ironic if NY Traded Tro to Chicago for Kane at 50% retained. Yes it won’t happen, but I had a chuckle at the thought

Reactions: dogbazinho

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I don't love Boston and the Rangers loading up, but they will hardly be unbeatable. You really can only up how good you are so much. Not everyone can have a premium role at the same time and produce at the highest of levels. I hope we make some good moves, but it has much less to do with Boston or New York or anyone else. I just think we're in a good position. But I won't be shocked if the Bruins or Rangers don't make it out of the east. It's still an incredibly tough conference beyond them.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Wonder if Trochec’s NMC includes Chicago? It would be a little Ironic if NY Traded Tro to Chicago for Kane at 50% retained. Yes it won’t happen, but I had a chuckle at the thought
It's a full NMC for the first 3 years of the contract so he can't be traded to any team without his approval. The last 4 years is when it's limited. 25/26: 12 team no trade list. 26/27: 10 team no trade list. Final 2 years a 6 team no trade list.

Reactions: DaveG

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
I honestly think the fact that we haven't made the move yet is prettymuch a giveaway that Meier is the move, and San Jose is trying to get more out of one of us or NJ before they decide.

Schmaltz or Duchene are the backup options, though not sure Nashville is trading him after the RyJo news.

Wolfpuck

Chefnikov
Jun 25, 2006
The 919
I honestly think the fact that we haven't made the move yet is prettymuch a giveaway that Meier is the move, and San Jose is trying to get more out of one of us or NJ before they decide.

Schmaltz or Duchene are the backup options, though not sure Nashville is trading him after the RyJo news.
Throw in an extra 7th round pick and let’s get this done!

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Regarding Kane to the Rags...

Look it is what it is, they get a scorer that doesn't give a shit about defense. Their chances to win the Cup don't lie with how many goals they score, it's about how many they give up, and if Shesty keeps being pedestrian, it'll be for nothing.

The big question remains the same... What do we do? Get Meier and it probably pushes us to solid favorite in the Metro. He goes to NJ and it's a free for all

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
Regarding Kane to the Rags...

Look it is what it is, they get a scorer that doesn't give a shit about defense. Their chances to win the Cup don't lie with how many goals they score, it's about how many they give up, and if Shesty keeps being pedestrian, it'll be for nothing.

The big question remains the same... What do we do? Get Meier and it probably pushes us to solid favorite in the Metro. He goes to NJ and it's a free for all
If not Meier I bet they look at JVR or Schmaltz. I still think maybe they’d be interested in Miller if van would basically let him go for peanuts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad