All Purpose Trade/Roster Building Thread XIII - the 23 deadline approaches

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
How many more times does Tampa have to do this and have it work out perfectly for people to finally realize that they probably know what they are doing?

Good deal for TB. They want another Cup and Jeannot gives them an edge that they lack.

I agree. Tampa knows WTF that they're doing. Still, I know that and simultaneously understand that they're paying that much because of how much he's overperforming at such a low cap hit. It's not rocket science, and it's also somewhat of an inefficiency for Tampa to constantly be chasing such contracts.

Reactions: cptjeff

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
He has 14 points this year, its a gross overpayment for that. I get Tampa is some genius FO but this, like the Savard deal, is bad

Go get raddysh at that price. he has one more league minimum year plus a RFA.

Reactions: chaz4hockey

chaz4hockey

Old man but still a PP2 Candidate
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
It’s real:

wow, I wanted him but that price is just ridiculous. As always, it always takes just one crazy buyer to set the market. I bet there wouldn't be more than 2 other teams that would have done that deal. Smart business for Preds.

For Tampa, I guess they figure their squad is aging and play for the now (and in '26 they will tank and start again).

Just like LY, teams have gone for it at the TDL (Avs and Tampa made good moves LY too) pushing them on paper ahead of the Canes. I'm holding out hope that the Borg gets someone to bite by this Friday or it will be an early spring.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Meanwhile in Raleigh

4ea.jpg

mikeyfan

Dec 27, 2018
I don’t think putting a near PPG winger in the place of jarvis or TT is a lateral move at this point. Especially when schmaltz’s offensive rates are Necas level with more D zone starts and his team has the puck 10% less than we do
I’d still rather have DeBrincat if we are going to spend a 1st and maybe Drury and /or Morrow

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
I know there's nothing we can do, but damn as a fan it's exhausting seemingly always coming close but no cigar on these big trade and UFA pieces. The only time in the last decade+ we've actually "won" was the #2 pick in Svetch.

Some of these TDL prices like Jeannot are ridiculous...Meier seemed reasonable. Unless there's something out of left field, most remaining pieces seem meh at best even if we get them dirt cheap.

Don't know why I always get my hopes up when I know that just ain't our luck

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
I know there's nothing we can do, but damn as a fan it's exhausting seemingly always coming close but no cigar on these big trade and UFA pieces. The only time in the last decade+ we've actually "won" was the #2 pick in Svetch.

Some of these TDL prices like Jeannot are ridiculous...Meier seemed reasonable. Unless there's something out of left field, most remaining pieces seem meh at best even if we get them dirt cheap.

Don't know why I always get my hopes up when I know that just ain't our luck
Chychrun

hurricure

Sr Vice President of Snacking
Oct 8, 2016
Trail BC
Of course… the first year the canes decide to “get aggressive” at the deadline, all the other buyers decide to go full Pejorative Slur… unless we can pry a young player away with some term I’d trust what we’ve got… and I do still think we have as good a shot as any of the other teams… I’m more concerned about whether Handsome learned how to coach on the road

Reactions: DaveG and ndp

MadeUpName

Mar 24, 2022
He has 14 points this year, its a gross overpayment for that. I get Tampa is some genius FO but this, like the Savard deal, is bad

Go get raddysh at that price. he has one more league minimum year plus a RFA.
Tampa Bay has plenty of forwards that put up points. They don't have a player that leads the league in hits.

TB didn't need or want Raddysh. They want specifically what Jeannot brings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad