All Purpose Trade/Roster Building Thread XIII - the 23 deadline approaches

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

htdoc

Oct 30, 2018
So it’s a 2024 ***2nd rounder*** and only becomes a first if they reach the eastern conference finals and Timo plays in 50% of the games…. So it’s a first a second (way worse than Philly second) and then the prospects plus cap dumps and retention…. Wow….

Reactions: DaveG and Sigurd

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Not a nepotism reason, but one realistic reason for San Jose to prefer to deal with NJ over the Canes: the need of the Devils to get salary retention and cap dumps. With Jersey, San Jose gets more futures because the Devils needed them to retain. The Canes package would always be lower because we didn’t need that.

ndp

Hurricanes Pessimist
Oct 29, 2015
TB getting Jeannot? Hathaway in BOS.

Who’s going to be the Hurricanes “might not show up on the score sheet much, but does the little thing’s right” deadline acquisition of 2023?

Reactions: Daeavorn

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
Bruce Garrioch said in his most recent article that the canes jackets and Washington are in pursuit for chychrun

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Well, as far as Sunday evening reading, this didn't disappoint. Might have been better if @Svechhammer didn't have the inside info and went a little more crazy as a result

I hope and believe we'll still make moves to get better, but there would be a certain train wreck entertainment value to doing nothing and watching the reactions.....

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Reactions: DaveG

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
Add to it and get Crouse.
that or target another centre or wing. If they could pull off chychrun and a forward that would be a win for me this deadline there wouldn’t be a team in the league who can match the canes defence

sheriff bart

Where are the white women at
Nov 11, 2010
Rock Ridge
The only way this makes any sense is if Timo said he’s not signing a long term deal until he hits the open market
I don't know why a player such as him would go to a new team and sign an extension unless it was a big overpayment. He gets one chance to sign this big deal and to do it where he wants to play. I'd want to see what my options were. I can also see the Canes not wanting to overpay in trade assets in a deal where they were getting played to get the best deal from another team.

Did I want him...yep. Am I butthurt over it...nope.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis has Big Kahunas
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
I don't know why a player such as him would go to a new team and sign an extension unless it was a big overpayment. He gets one chance to sign this big deal and to do it where he wants to play. I'd want to see what my options were. I can also see the Canes not wanting to overpay in trade assets in a deal where they were getting played to get the best deal from another team.

Did I want him...yep. Am I butthurt over it...nope.
Like I was saying, make devils qo his 10m, then offer sheet Bratt

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
Yeah, I personally have zero interest in Schmaltz. Sucks in the circle and brings nothing in terms of physicality.

IMO not worth what he’s going to command. If we’re moving good value to ARZ, might as well just pay up for Crouse.

Reactions: Sigurd and MinJaBen
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad