All Purpose Trade/Roster Building Thread XIII - the 23 deadline approaches

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
now we need to see Jeannots 22-23 and Bunting's 22-23. huge difference. Just a dumb comparison from JJfresh.

Oh that wasn't a comparison, just back to back in a series of tweets about guys last spring. Maybe pending free agents? Not sure but it's a whole thread of players one after another

Went back to look, just comparing player cards from the 21-22 Calder class

chaz4hockey

Old man but still a PP2 Candidate
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
It's rumored that Dawson Mercer is going to SJ.
He's a good one @ 21 years old. I guess that's the price of doing business.
Perhaps Seth Jarvis was the guy SJ wanted from the 'Canes? That would've been tough to do.

Dawson Mercer: Top 6 Player who can play in any situation. ES-PP-PK**High Price.
2021-22New Jersey DevilsNHL82GMs1G25A42PTsPIMs-25----------
2022-23New Jersey DevilsNHL59GMs19G20A39PTs14PIMs16+
source?

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Also to ponder, what will the psyche be of our players in missing out on Meier and not getting anyone else that would move the needle?

Would be a tougher sell for Rod than even the Patches injury (which he and the team's leadership did a great job in keeping the morale up)
It does make you wonder if vets like Jordo, Stepan, Fast, etc are getting a little frustrated knowing they're probably in their best remaining chance to win the Cup seeing the front office unable to get them deadline help to push them over the top for the playoffs.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
It's rumored that Dawson Mercer is going to SJ.
He's a good one @ 21 years old. I guess that's the price of doing business.
Perhaps Seth Jarvis was the guy SJ wanted from the 'Canes? That would've been tough to do.
Dawson Mercer: Top 6 Player who can play in any situation. ES-PP-PK**High Price.

2021-22New Jersey DevilsNHL82GMs1G25A42PTsPIMs-25----------
2022-23New Jersey DevilsNHL59GMs19G20A39PTs14PIMs16+

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Zetterlund who I barely know and a first.

Come on man, thats ridiculously slanted in NJs favor. Is Grier trying to get fired on purpose?

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
It does make you wonder if vets like Jordo, Stepan, Fast, etc are getting a little frustrated knowing they're probably in their best remaining chance to win the Cup seeing the front office unable to get them deadline help to push them over the top for the playoffs.
Meh, I doubt the front office cares about what any of the players feel about our deadline strategy.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Just rumors Chaz.
If I was the NJ GM, there'd be no way I'd trade Dawson Mercer.
He's an energizer bunny with speed, skill and toughness.

Check this out:
Dawson Mercer should be off the table.
Recently, Mercer has been linked to a report by Robert Aiken of NorthJersey.com that the San Jose Sharks are interested in him in exchange for Timo Meier. Mercer is only 21 years old and still in his second year in the NHL. So far (knock on wood) up until this point, he has been durable playing all of his NHL games in his young career. His entry level contract won’t be up until July 2024 with a cap hit a shade under $900K.
It should be interesting what this trade will cost the Devils. Will Timo Meier get an extension?
We’ll find out soon enough.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
I mean that's kind of obvious and as much as I want them to do something big, it's probably for the best they don't give into what fans want. That's kind of a bad way to build a team lol. That said, whatever they do even if it ends in failure again will be defended by some of our fans regardless and I don't understand why.

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL

Looks like Jeannot to TB will happen. She broke the Skjei to Carolina trade.

Right now, this is the Borg's "Nero" moment.

btw: Svechhammer---add Burns to your Cane experienced player list that wants a Cup.

btw2: watching Leaf game and Freidman said it's not a done deal & that there is a little hangup due to a player that is involved that has an injury (shouldn't hold up the deal though).

Last edited:
Reactions: Tryamw

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
I mean that's kind of obvious and as much as I want them to do something big, it's probably for the best they don't give into what fans want. That's kind of a bad way to build a team lol. That said, whatever they do even if it ends in failure again will be defended by some of our fans regardless and I don't understand why.
Because they’re good. They’re ALWAYS good. Which is important in this market - a consistent winner who has a chance to win come playoff time. Let’s not act like losing to the Rangers was a forgone conclusion last year. They hadn’t lost a game at home, and they had game 7 at home. With the backup goalie playing. Every single one of you would have taken that when the season started, when the regular season ended, and after the first series.

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
North Carolinian's are by and large great/understanding people that are not caustically based like Rangers, Philly & Bruins fans <btw: it also explains why North Carolina football has been a mess for the better part of 50 years....mediocrity is accepted, they tried hard didn't they :)>

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Jeannot scratched for trade. He is 100% what Carolina is looking for. Gunler++ for Jeannot.

He is very close to Marchment in profile. One of the top hitters in the league. 24 goals last year and snakebit this year.

He is Warren Foegele with more edge and more offensive talent.

Since the start of last season Jeannot leads the whole league with 508 hits for 5v5. The highest Carolina player over that time is Jordan Staal with 300.

So anyways, queue Tampa or Toronto getting him

Yeah but tbh Jordo's hits are gentle love taps except on the rare occasions that he gets mad. There's hitting and then there's
Wait. Did Negan just say that 'calmly stating your position" doesn't happen here?

Just poking fun of course, just thought it was funny.

I mean...am I wrong??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad