All Purpose Trade/Roster Building Thread XIII - the 23 deadline approaches

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
don't agree with your logic. Are you saying Canes were not outbidding NJ because they knew it was not a fair process? why even participate. Let's assume the process was not biased for argument's sake. New GM in SJ is going to refuse the best offer because he has a personal or working relationship with NJ's front office. No f*cking way. That gets him fired.

Very likely we didn't make the "hands down" best offer. My point is that we could have made such an offer that was clearly better than any other team, particularly if Jarvis (and Mercer for the devils) were not involved. we have plenty of draft capital plus Morrow and prospects to make the deal.

Can you accept this and move on or do you need to cry more about Jeannot (and Duchene) being mentioned as a potential acquisition?. you conveniently forget to mention every comment I made with respect to trading for Jeannot was part of a package deal involving Duchene. Pretty harmless topic to everyone but you.

If the reports about the relationship between the SJ and NJ brass are true, and that SJ was going to give NJ the right of last refusal, then NJ didn't have to better any Canes offer. All they needed to do is wait for the Canes best offer and match it, which SJ would accept based on the relationship. Only way Canes win the bidding war in that scenario is to make an offer so high NJ refuses to match, which puts it in "stupid overpay" territory from my perspective.

Last edited:

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
toughness doesnt equal hits and fights. its going to the dirty areas, scoring dirty goals, blocking shots, and not backing down.
If anything, trying to answer hits with “toughness” was a major issue vs Boston 2 years ago as it repeatedly led to dumb penalties and a lethal Boston PP capitalizing.

Maybe don’t try to retaliate….

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
SJ GM helped out a personal friend by giving them Meier at a discount while turning down better offers from at least one team that is direct competition with them.

Hard not to be a little pissed over this. No wonder Waddell was as mad as he was last night
nah dude, DW is just sitting on his hands giving out poverty offers for their best players cuz we like our team. havent you heard?

Reactions: A Star is Burns

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
That is all conjecture. None of that is known. And if true, would probably lead the owners of the Sharks to fire their GM.
Agree. There's a chance that SJS didn't like our best prospects. Morrow is still very raw, regardless of how much we pump his tires. Nikishin may never even come over here. After that? Nothing overly enticing. 5 nickels doesn't equal a dollar.

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Dude...he's just trying to have a conversation...no need to call him a hypocrite.

Just calmly explain your position or don't if you don't feel the need to help people understand.

Yeah that doesn't happen on here...

I'm sure at this point we'll rationalize this as "hey, we really just did a self-TDL deal for SETH JARVIS!!"

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
Which is why losses like last night piss me off.

I get it, but we got goalied Saros-style by Gibson. It happens to the best of teams sometimes. Hopefully they come back with a win vs. Vegas. It's stupid to dwell too much about it. The Leafs are a good team, too, but have struggled in a similar way vs. Vejmelka. It's one of those weird things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad