All Purpose Trade/Roster Building Thread XIII - the 23 deadline approaches

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ndp

Hurricanes Pessimist
Oct 29, 2015
All these teams will make all the trades and Tampa will just win it all again.
All it takes is Vasilevskiy going on a tear and they’re just as dangerous as anyone else. They’ve perfectly applied the NBA regular season sleeper system to the NHL. I don’t think you ever really know what you’re going up against in TB until the playoffs start. Those guys are just going through the motions, get in and win.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
All it takes is Vasilevskiy going on a tear and they’re just as dangerous as anyone else. They’ve perfectly applied the NBA regular season sleeper system to the NHL. I don’t think you ever really know what you’re going up against in TB until the playoffs start. Those guys are just going through the motions, get in and win.

Yep. Tampa flying under the radar heading into spring. I've seen this movie before.

Bub

I like griping
Jul 5, 2006
Maine
This is what the kids call doom scrolling I think.
doomscroll.png

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
You can say this about any goalie in the playoffs, we just retired a goalie's number for that basically. But it's also not sustainable long term as we saw as well.

MadeUpName

Mar 24, 2022
There is some solace knowing that Dundon himself has to be just as annoyed as all of us that every contender is making deals and improving while Carolina can't get anything done

The actual trade deadline is going to be interesting. All the big moves came early so I feel like it will either be a complete nothingburger or GMs will go nuts trying to find that last small piece

Reactions: Stickpucker

MadeUpName

Mar 24, 2022
Jeannot scratched for trade. He is 100% what Carolina is looking for. Gunler++ for Jeannot.

He is very close to Marchment in profile. One of the top hitters in the league. 24 goals last year and snakebit this year.

He is Warren Foegele with more edge and more offensive talent.

Since the start of last season Jeannot leads the whole league with 508 hits for 5v5. The highest Carolina player over that time is Jordan Staal with 300.

So anyways, queue Tampa or Toronto getting him

Last edited:

Led Tasso

Jun 2, 2016
Jeannot scratched for trade. He is 100% what Carolina is looking for. Gunler++ for Jeannot.

He is very close to Marchment in profile. One of the top hitters in the league. 24 goals last year and snakebit this year.

Since the start of last season Jeannot leads the whole league with 508 hits for 5v5. The highest Carolina player over that time is Jordan Staal with 300.
Have a feeling he will be a bolt

Bunch of Jurcos

The poster formally known as Hedley
Feb 24, 2016

Which is why Tampa or someone like that will get him. I would sell the farm for Forsberg though, which is why I'm not the Canes GM. Yet.

Reactions: moses malone 12

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017

Would be a 4th liner for us, most likely

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
I’m a little surprised the Hurricanes have t made a trade and leaked all the details just to spite NJ and SJ. That would be on brand for sure.

Reactions: zman77

chaz4hockey

Old man but still a PP2 Candidate
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL

So anyways, queue Tampa or Toronto getting him
lol I didn't realize that Jeannot really needs to be a Cane....he appears to be a RBA clone. As far back as a 17 year old he was turning heads with his physical fitness:

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
Honestly I love Meier going to the Devils instead of here, that way when we lose in the playoffs again I can show how much of a Rational and True Fan™ I am and how I'm better than all of you.

giphy.gif

That raises an interesting question: if the Canes don't win the Cup some critics will blame it on the Borg for not doing whatever it took to get Meier. But what if NJ, after getting Meier, loses even earlier than us? I wonder if that will lessen the criticism, or be completely ignored?

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
That raises an interesting question: if the Canes don't win the Cup some critics will blame it on the Borg for not doing whatever it took to get Meier. But what if NJ, after getting Meier, loses even earlier than us? I wonder if that will lessen the criticism, or be completely ignored?
I think the bigger question is, what if Meier pushes NJ above us in the standings, they win the Metro, and we face NYR in the first round

That's when things will get ugly within the fan base.

HydratedByStormBrew

Sep 26, 2022
Rally, NC
I think the bigger question is, what if Meier pushes NJ above us in the standings, they win the Metro, and we face NYR in the first round

That's when things will get ugly within the fan base.
Trouba will concuss somebody in game 1, our PP will be nonexistent, and Igor turns into his 2022 version of himself. We play well at home where we have 1st change but ultimately it isn’t enough.

chaz4hockey

Old man but still a PP2 Candidate
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Also to ponder, what will the psyche be of our players in missing out on Meier and not getting anyone else that would move the needle?

Would be a tougher sell for Rod than even the Patches injury (which he and the team's leadership did a great job in keeping the morale up)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad