Rumor: All Purpose Trade Proposals, Speculation and Rumours - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.

scarbrow

Nov 3, 2016
Big longshot but it's the middle of summer so who cares - with all of the capspace opening up for us next summer imagine landing Draisaitl as a UFA - we should have enough to give him 12 or 13+ aav.

Connor - Draisaitl - Vilardi
Perfetti - Scheifele - Lambert
Nino - Lowry - Appleton

Morrissey - DeMelo
Samberg - Salomonsson
Stanley - Miller

Helle
You forgot the WPG tax and lack of 8th year on that AAV. WPG would have to do 14M or 15M x 7 years to even get a sniff. Though I think truthfully I'd pay that if I'm Jets. Helps them sell tickets too

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Connor-Draisatl would ensure that Helle faced 40 shots a game...
Perfect

I remember this article from last February after the Jets beat the Rangers 4-1 but gave up 50 shots. At that point in his career, Helle's record was 20-3-2 with a 2.19GAA and .950 sv% when facing 40 shots or more

Reactions: WolfHouse

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
Byfield is better than Perfetti. Jets fumbled his development and now Perfetti will pay for it by not being paid. Jets are on a very tight budget, to quote Uncle Leo.

NA Hockey

Nov 16, 2015
Jets will never offer that contract as it takes him to UFA status with no bought years. You either bridge or go full 7 or 8 year term. Just stupid to walk him to free agency with no benefits to the team.
Perfetti is actually a UFA in 28 not 29. So a five year deal, like Byfield, buys one year of free agency.

NA Hockey

Nov 16, 2015
Perfetti is 22 right now so a 5 year deal takes him to 27. Which is when he'd be eligible for FA.
That is actually incorrect. He has three years accrued service with 4 more to come by June 2028 so he will have a total of 7 accrued seasons by July 1, 2028. This is the same as Raymond, Byfield etc. (Byfield did a 5 year deal that bought one year of free agency. They are both born same year and both have three years of accrued service having played their first season in 21-22)

"A player becomes an Unrestricted Free Agent (UFA) if their current contract ends after either 7 Accrued Seasons or they are 27 or older as of June 30."

An accrued season is being on the roster more than 40 games.

His first year was 21-22 (he played only 18 games but was on the roster for more than 40 so accrued a year). Second year (22-23) played 51. Third year (23-24) Played 71

He will be a free agent July 1, 2028 (he will be 26 years old)

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
That is actually incorrect. He has three years accrued service with 4 more to come by June 2028 so he will have a total of 7 accrued seasons by July 1, 2028. This is the same as Raymond, Byfield etc. (Byfield did a 5 year deal that bought one year of free agency. They are both born same year and both have three years of accrued service having played their first season in 21-22)

"A player becomes an Unrestricted Free Agent (UFA) if their current contract ends after either 7 Accrued Seasons or they are 27 or older as of June 30."

An accrued season is being on the roster more than 40 games.

His first year was 21-22 (he played only 18 games but was on the roster for more than 40 so accrued a year). Second year (22-23) played 51. Third year (23-24) Played 71

He will be a free agent July 1, 2028 (he will be 26 years old)

I believe he had to play more then 50 games his 19 year old season for it to count as a year of service.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Jets will never offer that contract as it takes him to UFA status with no bought years. You either bridge or go full 7 or 8 year term. Just stupid to walk him to free agency with no benefits to the team.
How is it stupid? Sets a precedent that you value the player and avoids arbitration... this is the way things are now

NA Hockey

Nov 16, 2015
I believe he had to play more then 50 games his 19 year old season for it to count as a year of service.
He played 18 games, was injured and put on IR that season. All games on IR count as being on the roster and you have to be on the roster for 40 games to get an accrued season.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
How is it stupid? Sets a precedent that you value the player and avoids arbitration... this is the way things are now

Yeah, there does seem to be more and more of these 5 year deals these days. I think agents think it sets the player up for a bigger pay day while still in their peak whereas a 7 or 8 year deal takes them to the start of their decline ala Mark.

Reactions: Buffdog

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Yeah, there does seem to be more and more of these 5 year deals these days. I think agents think it sets the player up for a bigger pay day while still in their peak whereas a 7 or 8 year deal takes them to the start of their decline ala Mark.
I thought Scheif signed right after his entry level... thats what I think players are looking at - 5-6 year 'underpaid' but good - then a 'legacy' contract for 8 years

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Yeah even if their pts are comparable these are two different asset classes

Byfield is interesting he was looked at in his draft year as a future franchise centre if I recall correctly and so far he has played on the wing in LA. He had a better season but like Perfetti he too has had a rough stretch which happens with young players.

I am interested to see how this season goes for Cole, I am expecting bigger things from him as a 22 year old. I like comparing his point production to Scheifele at similar ages and has paced ahead of Mark and I am expecting that trend to continue this season so the over under is 49 points vs 22 year old Mark.

RustyCat

Registered homie
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
I'm not sure 20 mil a year would get us Leon :laugh:
No kidding :laugh:

But in all seriousness, I watched him a fair bit this year I wouldn't want him to be honest. It was shocking to watch just how many plays he gives up on. Especially O-zone to D-zone transition. Might be elite offensively but he sure can be lazy defensively.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Byfield is interesting he was looked at in his draft year as a future franchise centre if I recall correctly and so far he has played on the wing in LA. He had a better season but like Perfetti he too has had a rough stretch which happens with young players.

I am interested to see how this season goes for Cole, I am expecting bigger things from him as a 22 year old. I like comparing his point production to Scheifele at similar ages and has paced ahead of Mark and I am expecting that trend to continue this season so the over under is 49 points vs 22 year old Mark.
Yeah Perfetti is tracking pretty solidly to be what we expected him to be.

Reactions: ps241

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
My spidey senses tell me Pefetti will be 25g and 31a this season due to Arniel's confidence in him.
There was no real red flags in how he performed in his mins last year. He was one of our better forwards in shot suppression I believe.

Coach didn't trust him defensively. He got young guy treatment. He should take another step forward this year.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
There was no real red flags in how he performed in his mins last year. He was one of our better forwards in shot suppression I believe.

Coach didn't trust him defensively. He got young guy treatment. He should take another step forward this year.

I'd say one point in 26 games was a bit of a red flag but he did recover alright

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad