Rumor: All Purpose Trade Proposals, Speculation and Rumours - 2023/24

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
konecny would be a definite upgrade at this point. but w/ 1-year left it's not for more than a 1st+Prospect type of deal from me.
Especially since rumors of a 9m-10m deal wanted.
I'd give him a 7 x 7.5m and not a cent more.

Reactions: Buffdog

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
Ehlers gets all the attention as the biggest upcoming UFA Forward, and rightfully so. But what doesn’t really get talked about much is that Iafallo, Appleton and Namestnikov are also all UFA’s after this upcoming 2024/25 season.

That’s 4 regular Forward spots unoccupied for the 2025/26 season, which is pretty significant. Barlow, Lucius, Chibrikov, Lambert, etc have to be pretty happy seeing that potential opportunity.

That’s $14.17M AAV Salary Cap space at Forward potentially walking away. Add in Pionk and Wheeler’s buyout also leaving… that’s $22.8M in potential Cap Space leaving after this season.

Wpgpage

Nov 25, 2010
Ehlers gets all the attention as the biggest upcoming UFA Forward, and rightfully so. But what doesn’t really get talked about much is that Iafallo, Appleton and Namestnikov are also all UFA’s after this upcoming 2024/25 season.

That’s 4 regular Forward spots unoccupied for the 2025/26 season, which is pretty significant. Barlow, Lucius, Chibrikov, Lambert, etc have to be pretty happy seeing that potential opportunity.

That’s $14.17M AAV Salary Cap space at Forward potentially walking away. Add in Pionk and Wheeler’s buyout also leaving… that’s $22.8M in potential Cap Space leaving after this season.
This is not getting enough attention I will give Chevy credit he has setup the cap extremely well to make some big moves if he can find someone to take the Jets money. Based on the expected 92 mil cap the Jets will have over 42 mil in space. Extensions for Perfetti & Valardi will eat up some of that but even if that is 10 mil combined that still leaves 32 mil with really only Ehlers , Pionk & Samberg as guys that you'd potentially like to bring back at larger dollar values. This team could realistically have 20 mil in space to fill 2-3 spots.

Reactions: Buffdog

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
This is not getting enough attention I will give Chevy credit he has setup the cap extremely well to make some big moves if he can find someone to take the Jets money. Based on the expected 92 mil cap the Jets will have over 42 mil in space. Extensions for Perfetti & Valardi will eat up some of that but even if that is 10 mil combined that still leaves 32 mil with really only Ehlers , Pionk & Samberg as guys that you'd potentially like to bring back at larger dollar values. This team could realistically have 20 mil in space to fill 2-3 spots.

You want to bring back Pionk with a large salary? Even potentially?

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
They will have lots of other players to sign or re-sign as well. The team only has 10 legitimate NHL players under contract for 2025-26 not counting prospects.

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
This is not getting enough attention I will give Chevy credit he has setup the cap extremely well to make some big moves if he can find someone to take the Jets money. Based on the expected 92 mil cap the Jets will have over 42 mil in space. Extensions for Perfetti & Valardi will eat up some of that but even if that is 10 mil combined that still leaves 32 mil with really only Ehlers , Pionk & Samberg as guys that you'd potentially like to bring back at larger dollar values. This team could realistically have 20 mil in space to fill 2-3 spots. Lol
2025/26 will be a big offseason. There are 9 total RFA’s and UFA’s that are regulars in the lineup. Lots of Cap Space potentially opening up. Chevy could be positioned to add on some salary through trade, take on salary for draft picks, be a little more active in Free Agency. Or none of the above, LOL.

But regardless, there is a path where it could be significant change with many young players getting closer to NHL ready, many spots opening up and lots of Cap Space to maneuver with.

Reactions: voyageur

fmrdh

Mar 5, 2013
Cal Clutterbuck remains unsigned

He probably has his own objectives for not signing yet at this point but I think he could definitely bring something to this team.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013

He probably has his own objectives for not signing yet at this point but I think he could definitely bring something to this team.

I'd sign him just so I can get a Clutterbuck jersey :laugh:

nhlpro

Nov 12, 2015
Peg City
Move

Move Lowry down to the 4th line with Clutterbuck if they got him!:nod:

scarbrow

Nov 3, 2016
I wouldn't mind a clutterbuck-Lowry-Nino 4th line. You'd have to trade Apples though and Jets won't do that.

FlappyGiraffe

Go Jets Go
Sponsor
Jul 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Big longshot but it's the middle of summer so who cares - with all of the capspace opening up for us next summer imagine landing Draisaitl as a UFA - we should have enough to give him 12 or 13+ aav.

Connor - Draisaitl - Vilardi
Perfetti - Scheifele - Lambert
Nino - Lowry - Appleton

Morrissey - DeMelo
Samberg - Salomonsson
Stanley - Miller

Helle

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Big longshot but it's the middle of summer so who cares - with all of the capspace opening up for us next summer imagine landing Draisaitl as a UFA - we should have enough to give him 12 or 13+ aav.

Nino - Lowry - Appleton

Morrissey - DeMelo
Samberg - Salomonsson
Stanley - Miller

Helle
Me thinks you are a few million too low for Draisatl.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019

Nino - Lowry - Appleton

Morrissey - DeMelo
Samberg - Salomonsson
Stanley - Miller

Helle
Hey, maybe it's been Draisaitl's dream his entire career to play in the one NHL market that is smaller, darker and colder than the one he's in now lol

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg

Nino - Lowry - Appleton

Morrissey - DeMelo
Samberg - Salomonsson
Stanley - Miller

Helle
Dare to dream, Arnold. Dare to dream.

Reactions: FlappyGiraffe
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad