Rumor: All Purpose Trade Proposals, Speculation and Rumours - 2023/24

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

NA Hockey

Nov 16, 2015
I think those numbers are a bit high. I'd guess closer to evolving hockey's numbers, unless Perfetti went for the full 8 year deal. I'll call 2 X $3.5 M or 3 X $3.9 M. Chevy rarely gives ground above a fair payment when the player has little leverage.
No chance Cole signs for less on a two year deal than Pinto got. No way Chevy evens tries that.

Except those evolving hockey numbers haven't proven at all accurate so far. If Shane get suspended for a half year Pinto gets 700k over those numbers good luck getting Cole at 3.5 million. Byfield got roughly $ 2 million more. Lundell more in a tax free state. I think you can toss those projections right out the window given what his comps have signed for. Chevy may be a tough negotiator but he's a fair one. Cole will get something right in line with his comps.
Agree, those projections have been off for guys coming off entry level.

Pinto, Byfield and Lundell have all set the market now for Cole. He is in the same tier as all of those guys.

Chevy is still bound by the market and if all of Coles comps continue to come in well above projections then he's not going to purposefully play hard ball

Also Byfield has played about as much centre in the show as Cole. He's no more an NHL center at this point.

I think Chevy really likes Cole as a player and knows he wasn't treated great last year. He will want to get a good deal for the team but will want to be fair and in line with comps. This team has such a hard time getting players, why try to stick it to a good kid that loves playing there?

Cole basically played three more games at centre than Byfield did last year lol

Reactions: surixon

NA Hockey

Nov 16, 2015
I'm a Perfetti fan, but IMO he has fallen off some of his comparables last season. He didn't have a good final ELC year, certainly not one to launch the big payday. Both sides will want a bridge, unless as I've stated Perfetti pushes for full long term and is willing to lock himself in.
I agree that a bridge is probably the way they go but as I said it won't be for less than Pinto.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I'm a Perfetti fan, but IMO he has fallen off some of his comparables last season. He didn't have a good final ELC year, certainly not one to launch the big payday. Both sides will want a bridge, unless as I've stated Perfetti pushes for full long term and is willing to lock himself in.

He was neck in neck with Byfeild prior to his slump. The Jets opted to penalize him for it with garbage time on the fourth line and scratches. Byfield about 15 games later entered an equally bad stretch of play with 1 goal 3 points in his final 23 games. Quinton didn't lose his role or minutes. Jarvis the year prior finiahed with 1 goal and 3 points his last 20 plus games, stayed in the top 6, i can go on with other examples of his peers slumping equally hard and not receiving the treatment Cole got. I feel Bones and the org f***ed up with him as their treatment was vastly different then any of his peers when they had an equally bad slump. Most of the media and even other NHL execs were quite miffed at his treatment.

I agree he's not signing long term, he has zero incentive too with how he was treated.

But he's nit going to take a lowball bridge when his peers are up near 4 per year aav.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
He was neck in neck with Byfeild prior to his slump. The Jets opted to penalize him for it with garbage time on the fourth line and scratches. Byfield about 15 games later entered an equally bad stretch of play with 1 goal 3 points in his final 23 games. Quinton didn't lose his role or minutes. Jarvis the year prior finiahed with 1 goal and 3 points his last 20 plus games, stayed in the top 6, i can go on with other examples of his peers slumping equally hard and not receiving the treatment Cole got. I feel Bones and the org f***ed up with him as their treatment was vastly different then any of his peers when they had an equally bad slump. Most of the media and even other NHL execs were quite miffed at his treatment.

I agree he's not signing long term, he has zero incentive too with how he was treated.

But he's nit going to take a lowball bridge when his peers are up near 4 per year aav.
And I have predicted a bridge between $3.5 M - $3.9 M depending if it is 2 or 3 years. That is pretty near $4 M. I also didn't think Perfetti had the best usage in the 2nd half of the season, but we need to see the best of him more often if he is going to be the difference maker we need.

Reactions: NA Hockey

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes

The rumor making the rounds suggests that the Winnipeg Jets might send Rutger McGroarty and a 2026 second-round pick to the Carolina Hurricanes in exchange for Seth Jarvis.

Keeping in mind that Seth Jarvis needs a contract.

I like Jarvis's numbers though...

2021-22 Carolina Hurricanes NHL 68 17 23 40
2022-23 Carolina Hurricanes NHL 82 14 25 39
2023-24 Carolina Hurricanes NHL 81 33 34 67

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015

The rumor making the rounds suggests that the Winnipeg Jets might send Rutger McGroarty and a 2026 second-round pick to the Carolina Hurricanes in exchange for Seth Jarvis.

not a legit site

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011

This site is just clickbait and has a very poor record.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Ehlers and McG for JJ Peterka and a 2nd?
Seems light coming to us IMO.

No way the Canes would entertain this.

jokesondee

I’m not fat. I’m cultivating mass.
Feb 23, 2018
Winnipeg

I would kill for that

Reactions: 10Ducky10

jokesondee

Feb 23, 2018
Winnipeg
Maybe a deal could be made around Dawson Mercer in New Jersey? Nice looking young centre. Theyve got Hughes and Hischier ahead of him and he isnt a 3rd line centre. McGroarty, a 2nd, and maybe a B prospect? I'd be into that.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
Maybe a deal could be made around Dawson Mercer in New Jersey? Nice looking young centre. Theyve got Hughes and Hischier ahead of him and he isnt a 3rd line centre. McGroarty, a 2nd, and maybe a B prospect? I'd be into that.

No way NJ guarantees him NHL time. They are trying to win a cup.

jokesondee

Feb 23, 2018
Winnipeg
Probably but who knows. They could for sure use some more grit on their team. They are definitely a young team so he would fit right in with their timeline. Still think they have a ways to go before they have a chance to win it all. Need to mature and grow together.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Probably but who knows. They could for sure use some more grit on their team. They are definitely a young team so he would fit right in with their timeline. Still think they have a ways to go before they have a chance to win it all. Need to mature and grow together.

NJ had some injuries last season and the goaltending was bad. A healthy year with a good goaltender and I think they're contenders to go pretty deep. Not sure they'd be the best landing spot for him ice time wise.

jokesondee

Feb 23, 2018
Winnipeg
NJ had some injuries last season and the goaltending was bad. A healthy year with a good goaltender and I think they're contenders to go pretty deep. Not sure they'd be the best landing spot for him ice time wise.
Most of their leaders/stars are still in their teens/early 20's. Still think they lack the maturity and experience to win it all.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

That site is known for making up rumours out of pure speculation.
That said, that is a trade I could get behind.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I would kill for that

Depending on how you rate McG, that value is not bad. IF it is true that Canes are having trouble signing Jarvis it might not be far off.

What add might it take to make Canes like it?

Same goes for pretty much every other team.

At some point his camp has to realize that that is just not happening.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I think we'll end up going through a few seasons in the basement once either Scheifele and Hellebuyck get old or after they leave. I hope on anything they don't, but it makes sense considering young players don't want to play here and are acting a lot more spoiled than they used to.

But I imagine in our basement years we'll land a headcase superstar that we want to get rid of but is next to impossible to do so. The Jets just do it to fill the seats and it'll look like a steal on our end.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg

You know, they should do Ehlers and McGroarty for Jarvis, Kotk and 1st 2025.

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012

True but Nemec was in the AHL to start the season until Hamilton had a season ending injury and their other D had injuries. If Nemec, a much better prospect and a 2nd overall pick from the same draft wasn't given NHL time to start I doubt they make that guarantee for McGroarty.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Seems light coming to us IMO.
He's got 40g and 42 a in his first two seasons.
28g last season.
I see him as a KC replacement.
He also has one more year on his ELC.
Slightly more in worth than Ehlers and that is shown in the 2nd and not a 1st.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad