Rumor: All Purpose Trade Proposals, Speculation and Rumours - 2023/24

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Ville won the job out of TC, unfortunately his injury was a season killer.
If he’s healthy he is better than Stanley.
The tall guy in his pursuit to be aggressive , puts himself out of position and is slower than a tax refund.
His play at the end of the season wasn’t long lasting, he had maybe 4/5 decent games but finished poorly.
As far as compensation, the lack of compensation does make perfect sense.
If Ville cannot stay healthy this season then sayonara.
Well thankfully the Jets have more options than Schmidt or Samberg on his offside as d partners for Stanley this season...I mean realistically he was ahead of Miller to finish the season on a team that was winning more than losing down the stretch...I think the big guy can play the body and that makes him a good PK option...Heinola on the team makes Pionk a PKer so be careful what you wish for...The flip side is Heinola can run the PP and that's his ticket. But I still see his path down the right side, unless he gets paired with Fleury, who is a LH PKer who can play either side. I don't think for a second Stanley re-signed for 2 more years of PB duty...if anything I think the Jets might be rewarding him and Gus who took that road in the organization with increased opportunity for staying professional in that role.

Reactions: kenobiwan

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I still don't know if Heinola is ahead of Stan...fans want Ville to better than him but he hasn't been.

I think the salary structure of the d-men is some indication of expected roles. I'd be surprised if Ville got more than $1 million given his lack of NHL experience/success.

Fleury is a nice backup for Stan in the same role. Hard to see him get demoted given the lack of depth on the left side.

Coghlan was a surprise but the org must like him...Maybe Chynoweth thinks he has tools to work with.

The right side of the Moose has Salomonsson, Lundmark (unless he bolts, because the road to the NHL looks harder), Barteaux is a regular on the Moose...And Tyrel Bauer is looking like he is moving down the depth chart

I see another move coming, just not sure where the org see the pieces fit.

If Heinola gets moved I could see these boards in a frenzy.

The funny part too is if the Jets carry 8 d, with Gustafsson and Kupari on the team, there's really not any room for young players to make the team, unless someone plays well enough to force the trade of an established player.

I think Heinola is slated for 3LD unless he craps the bed.

Based on last year, I don't see Kupari in the NHL. He needs to be a lot better to get a PB job.

If Heinola is waived so that we can keep Stan frenzy won't begin to describe the reaction. :laugh:

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
I think Heinola is slated for 3LD unless he craps the bed.

Based on last year, I don't see Kupari in the NHL. He needs to be a lot better to get a PB job.

If Heinola is waived so that we can keep Stan frenzy won't begin to describe the reaction. :laugh:
Heinola won't get waived, but I still think there's a path for him to get on the top pairing with Josh, where it really doesn't matter who is on which side, if he starts on the right side...The difference between Stan and Miller is not very wide. Contract wise I think the difference is RFA and UFA status. Wouldn't surprise me if Stanley gets the nod because of the PK, replacing Dillon. Regardless I see Heinola as the skating option between those two, over the course of the season when you are going to play distinctly different teams in terms of matchups...Fleury is the PK replacement for either Stan or Samberg, at a replacement level...

I agree that Kupari seems like a longshot now, but they haven't moved him yet...Between him and Iafallo I was more excited about Kupari last year, because of the speed...Iafallo scored more goals, and killed penalties decently, so we'll see what a new season brings.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
The Zamboni driver answered the phone when Buffalos GM called.
'We are interested in McLeod, what's your ask'
'Say what?'
'Savoie?!! That's a bit steep'
'I think you want to talk to someone else'
'Okay okay... we'll do it - can you add someone'
'No my name is Julio, I drive zamboni'
'Tullio? Okay we can do that - I'll fax the deal over.'

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
Apparently Chevy is working on bringing Rashevsky over this year. Wonder if it's for a trade.
I see no reason to trade him esepcially if McGroarty is on the way out. Id personally leave him in the KHL for the last year of his contract and increase his scoring there.

Reactions: Keystone

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I don't see any reason why it would be for a trade, think he has more value to us then he would trading him
Rashevsky fills a winger spot on the Jets depth chart. Makes sense, if the Jets are working on trades for Ehlers and McGroarty. I see Rashevsky filling an offensive role in the middle-6.

I doubt that Chevy would be putting in a bunch of work to bring him over to trade him. Might be simpler to trade his rights to another team and let them work on his transfer, etc.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Heinola won't get waived, but I still think there's a path for him to get on the top pairing with Josh, where it really doesn't matter who is on which side, if he starts on the right side...The difference between Stan and Miller is not very wide. Contract wise I think the difference is RFA and UFA status. Wouldn't surprise me if Stanley gets the nod because of the PK, replacing Dillon. Regardless I see Heinola as the skating option between those two, over the course of the season when you are going to play distinctly different teams in terms of matchups...Fleury is the PK replacement for either Stan or Samberg, at a replacement level...

I agree that Kupari seems like a longshot now, but they haven't moved him yet...Between him and Iafallo I was more excited about Kupari last year, because of the speed...Iafallo scored more goals, and killed penalties decently, so we'll see what a new season brings.
Totally agreed.

I haven't seen it mentioned much. But I feel like the highest ceiling for this team is if they can bring Ville in and have him be the Toews to Josh's Makar so to speak.

It's the same thing we did with Josh himself coming out of the AHL

Reactions: Jets 31 and ps241

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010

yeah sign demelo for 4.9m to put him on third pair and heinola of all players as a top pair dman.

1.25m x 2 years doesn't scream to me as a PB deal. folks are putting colin miller in their lineups who signed a v similar deal. im guessing, stanley has the inside track for 3ld.

Reactions: Eyeseeing

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
Rashevsky fills a winger spot on the Jets depth chart. Makes sense, if the Jets are working on trades for Ehlers and McGroarty. I see Rashevsky filling an offensive role in the middle-6.

I doubt that Chevy would be putting in a bunch of work to bring him over to trade him. Might be simpler to trade his rights to another team and let them work on his transfer, etc.
It's conceivable that he's been offered up in trade packages and other teams are telling him to get him over here and they'd have interest. Really not a stretch. I agree it's not a probability. I also wonder if KHL teams are struglling a bit economically as a result of the war and suddenly more open to sell.

Where are Telegin and Kraskovsky? :naughty:

Funny thing, I was happy when they signed Miller for 3RD, but it's conceivable that Fleury, Coghlan and Salomonsson are all better options.

Reactions: Buffdog

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
It's conceivable that he's been offered up in trade packages and other teams are telling him to get him over here and they'd have interest. Really not a stretch. I agree it's not a probability. I also wonder if KHL teams are struglling a bit economically as a result of the war and suddenly more open to sell.

Where are Telegin and Kraskovsky? :naughty:

Funny thing, I was happy when they signed Miller for 3RD, but it's conceivable that Fleury, Coghlan and Salomonsson are all better options.
If we are going off the numbers, it's likely Colin Miller is closer to Samberg's level and it's conceivable he is a better option than Pionk in the top 4.

He seems to be that tweener that performs really well in 3rd pair, but probably not a top 4 guy on a contender.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
If Rashevsky comes over...

Perfetti Scheif Nino
KFC Names Ehlers
Iafallo Lambert Rash
Gus Lowry Apples

We're missing size on our top 6.

Ossific

Aug 23, 2010
If Rashevsky comes over...

Perfetti Scheif Nino
KFC Names Ehlers
Iafallo Lambert Rash
Gus Lowry Apples

We're missing size on our top 6.
Perfetti and Nino are not first line wingers..

I mean i have issues with the whole lineup. KFC Names Ehlers will get caved in the O zone, how is Iafallo going to keep up with Lambert and Rashevsky, why is Lowry on the 4th line and where is Vilardi in all of this?

KFC Scheif Vilardi
Ehlers Trade Perfetti
Iafallo Lowry Nino
Rashevsky Names Lambert
Baron/Gus/Appleton/

Last edited:

Ossific

Aug 23, 2010
Maybe he hasn't agreed to come over yet because he wants a guaranteed NHL spot :sarcasm:
Honestly, probably. Most KHL players want a guaranteed NHL spot.

Edit: Just took a quick look at Google to see what he was making in the KHL, and it said that he was the 4th highest paid forward on his team at $315,000 USD. Oof! Maybe he plays on the Moose after all o_O

Reactions: Aries56 and Buffdog

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Perfetti and Nino are not first line wingers..

I mean i have issues with the whole lineup. KFC Names Ehlers will get caved in the O zone, how is Iafallo going to keep up with Lambert and Rashevsky, why is Lowry on the 4th line and where is Vilardi in all of this?
Oops, forgetting Volare changes things...

Perfetti Scheif Volare
KFC Names Ehlers
Nino Lambert Rash
Iafallo Lowry Apples

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad