Rumor: All Purpose Trade Proposals, Speculation and Rumours - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
I mean, in the regular season it 100% leads to results.

Playoffs, yeah no good so far.
POs he has not been productive at all. we would be docking off points extensively for every player if it was just about POs....Helle, Samberg have been brutal, Pionk well he's typically crap anyway but essentially lost us the season w/ his game 5 performance are a few examples of underperformers. other than helle, perhaps not to the degree of ehlers though from regular season to PO though

regular season, there's no denying his proficiency or efficiency over a large period of time.

Last edited:

Jet

Chibby!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
So ..... downgrade your evaluation of the player because he can't singlehandedly win big games?
Haha ummm are you reading some weirdly translated post?

I wrote what I wrote and I stand by it.

I never said anything about single handedly winning games.

As someone who's constantly battling people who put words in your mouth its odd you'd do it to me.

I mean, in the regular season it 100% leads to results.

Playoffs, yeah no good so far.
Yeah - when the game really matters - so going into big games near the end of the season, statement games and playoff games. I don't think Nik has that 'rise to the occasion' ability.

Don't get me wrong, he's not alone - our last two playoff appearances made that crystal clear.

ecolad

Nov 17, 2015
Preds gotta drop some salary to get within the cap, and may be willing to deal with either Cody Glass ,or, Dante Fabbro - both of whom fit our needs position wise. Would it make sense to raise possibility of something around McGroarty?

larmex99

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2013
Preds gotta drop some salary to get within the cap, and may be willing to deal with either Cody Glass ,or, Dante Fabbro - both of whom fit our needs position wise. Would it make sense to raise possibility of something around McGroarty?
Do you think that Trotz is going to gift RM a spot on the team? For all we know he may have been one of the teams who lost interest in him already.

stimpsoncat

Jan 5, 2014
Not sure if the Preds would be interested in McGroarty, considering the tidbits we've been hearing but Glass and Fabbro would be ideal targets for us I would think. Glass showed some real progress a couple year ago, not sure what happened last year...

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
Imo those players are a "2nd round pick" or Heinola type trade partners than a McG trade... a different tier.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
At some point though that has to parlay into wins and results.

There's a lot to love about Nik Ehlers but when the game really matters the results are not there.

That's doesn't make him a bad or undesirable player, but it is a consideration.
Agreed.

Reactions: Jet

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Haha ummm are you reading some weirdly translated post?

I wrote what I wrote and I stand by it.

I never said anything about single handedly winning games.

As someone who's constantly battling people who put words in your mouth its odd you'd do it to me.

If I put words into your mouth I apologize, really.
But "but when the game really matters the results are not there" sounds like what I said. Maybe "single handedly" overstates it a bit.

I concede that he hasn't produced in the PO - yet. But I'm pretty sure there have been other big games, in the regular season, where he has come through.

The PO production needs to have a lot of context. The whole team playing badly, all the same usage issues that we debate for the regular season, small samples sizes, etc. I keep hoping he will have 1 big PO series so we can put this to bed and he keeps not doing it. Can't deny that. But get back to all of that context.

ecolad

Nov 17, 2015
Imo those players are a "2nd round pick" or Heinola type trade partners than a McG trade... a different tier.
Glass was drafted high in the 1st round in 2017 if memory serves. But probably hasn`t developed as might be hoped. Seems like someone that might be the foundation for a trade with McGroarty ,given the negatives we read about... ?

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Glass was drafted high in the 1st round in 2017 if memory serves. But probably hasn`t developed as might be hoped. Seems like someone that might be the foundation for a trade with McGroarty ,given the negatives we read about... ?
Nashville has even less space for an NHL ready prospect than Winnipeg after the March and Stamkos signings

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
From what I read last year there was some patience with Glass last season even though he was struggling under Brunette's coaching...there was also talk about waiving him because his game wasn't there, but the organization didn't want to lose him for nothing. With the offseason acquisitions and guys like Novak or Tomasino who could play top 6, I think he's likely not a part of the Preds future. For me slightly above nothing would be Kupari, given his results last year. Would fit into the Chevy's summer of reclamation projects.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

fmrdh

Mar 5, 2013
Shane Wright and Marco Kasper are 2 forwards drafted well ahead of McG who have already put in 1+ year of full time AHL hockey. Both of those teams missed the playoffs last season as well.

I agree with the Jets standing their ground here by refusing to guarantee an NHL roster spot on a team that finished 4th overall last season, to a guy who has yet to play a pro hockey game.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
i am unsure if a lot of PO-caliber teams are going to be moving contributing guys off their roster at this point for Rutger.

playing along with your hypothetical, id be interested in Novak+Carriere from them, however they just signed both of them v recently. personally think a deal with them will be a tad difficult to consummate.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
i am unsure if a lot of PO-caliber teams are going to be moving contributing guys off their roster at this point for Rutger.

playing along with your hypothetical, id be interested in Novak+Carriere from them, however they just signed both of them v recently. personally think a deal with them will be a tad difficult to consummate.

With just 20 on their roster they have 600k in cap space. They are going to have to move someone.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Utah is planning to re-sign Victor Soderstrom, but is open to moving him. Anyone have a read on him?

He's a RHD, maybe a swap for Heinola would make sense to shore up our right side.

Our right side is looking better lately. The progress Salomonsson has made + the Schmidt buyout, DeMelo extension, Miller signing and pending UFA status (in another year) of Pionk and things are looking up.

Soderstrom would need waivers. Who would he bump?

Reactions: Aries56

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Utah is planning to re-sign Victor Soderstrom, but is open to moving him. Anyone have a read on him?

He's a RHD, maybe a swap for Heinola would make sense to shore up our right side.
doesn't make much sense, we have demelo pionk miller and then salomonsson with an outside shot on the right side, our left side has jmo samberg then heinola vs stanley for the 3rd spot

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Not to mention Fleury and Coghlan who both look useful.
And Lundmark, who is also waivers eligible (I believe)

Wouldn't surprise me I'd we lost a couple of guys to the wire after training camp. I just hope it isn't Lundmark because he'll likely get diefied like Kovacevic has

Reactions: Jet and macmaroon

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
And Lundmark, who is also waivers eligible (I believe)

Wouldn't surprise me I'd we lost a couple of guys to the wire after training camp. I just hope it isn't Lundmark because he'll likely get diefied like Kovacevic has
I don't think Lundmark has any of the steam behind him Kovacevic did. Most folks on our forums agreed he was ready to make the jump, was no longer waivers exempt and had a chance of being claimed if he was waived.

Then Chevy signed him to a three year league min deal. So it seemed like we had a big, right shot NHL level defenseman that could be a real value if he translated well.

Well he got waived for Capo and Stanley, and... ended up translating well.

Sometimes we are loud mouth know-it-alls that have no clue to the context of decisions. And we look dumb.

And sometimes the decisions really are that simple, the team or coach makes a mistake and its the fans that had it right all along.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
I don't think Lundmark has any of the steam behind him Kovacevic did. Most folks on our forums agreed he was ready to make the jump, was no longer waivers exempt and had a chance of being claimed if he was waived.

Then Chevy signed him to a three year league min deal. So it seemed like we had a big, right shot NHL level defenseman that could be a real value if he translated well.

Well he got waived for Capo and Stanley, and... ended up translating well.

Sometimes we are loud mouth know-it-alls that have no clue to the context of decisions. And we look dumb.

And sometimes the decisions really are that simple, the team or coach makes a mistake and its the fans that had it right all along.
100% - lundmark from what I hear is not nhl ready... but I would be pissed if we lose him because of the fleury and coghlan signings...

Contrary to @Buffdog Revisionist posting ;)...
Fans were upset that we threw away a good prospect without ever giving him a shot - not that kova was rhe second coming but him and Chisholm filled needs in our lineup and we chose lesser options as their replacements

Letting another right shot slip away doesn't seem like a good plan in the current nhl

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
100% - lundmark from what I hear is not nhl ready... but I would be pissed if we lose him because of the fleury and coghlan signings...

Contrary to @Buffdog Revisionist posting ;)...
Fans were upset that we threw away a good prospect without ever giving him a shot - not that kova was rhe second coming but him and Chisholm filled needs in our lineup and we chose lesser options as their replacements

Letting another right shot slip away doesn't seem like a good plan in the current nhl
I get the sense that Couglan could be a nice depth piece, your Kovacevic replacement. He has NHL experience which counts for something. Most teams have a Simon Lundmark in their organization already. The Canadiens taking Kovacevic was a result of poor drafting. I would say the same about Chisholm on the Wild. I still think no matter what Salomonsson is going to the Moose...those PP and PK reps are necessary to grow into the new systems he will have to learn. Does he finish on the Moose? I guess that's the question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad