OT - NO POLITICS Those Lazy Hazy Crazy Days of Summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Upton

Jul 5, 2003
Boston
As a big wrestling fan, I’ll be at Wrestlemania 41 next year in Vegas.

I’ve been to Wrestlemania 30 & 33 so far.

Even if you’re not a wrestling fan, it’s soooooo much fun.
I went to Wrestlemania 29 at MetLife and had a blast. I need to hit another at some point.

My first ever live event was the 1986 King of the Ring at Sullivan Stadium. Harley Race beat Pedro Morales in the finals, and Rowdy Roddy Piper had an epic draw with the Magnificent Muraco. I was a fan for life after that event.

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
1) No tats.

2) Autumn/Fall. Warm days, cool nights. Great for hiking and getting out and about without being too hot, most of the time at least. We don't get much color in our trees but the little we do get is still nice. Least favorite is Spring. Also good for hiking, but I get hayfever and of course it's the worst time for that. It's also windy and tends to be rather wet here. Can have some lovely days too, but on balance, it's the worst.

3) Yes. Not really too interested in flowers, but we have a raised veggie patch. Typically grow tomatoes, zucchini, strawberries, onions, lettuce and other greens, and herbs. Not a lot of anything, but it's a nice little hobby and can't beat fresh home grown.

4) When I was young I went fishing now and then with my grandfather. Quite liked it back then, but haven't done it since. Caught a really good size perch once, that was about as good as it got I think.

5) Don't believe in spirits and the like, so yeah probably. But I wouldn't go out of my way for it. And I will say that some houses just have a bad 'feel', for whatever reason.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
Actually the prosecution screwed up royally. The didnt share evidence with the defense. Any case would be thrown out.

To each their own, but as with the Karen Read foolishness, why does anyone care?

It's media circus garbage.

Even at this late date and their business model is in shambles, American media can still sell scandal.

Apologies to any interested parties. Won't post about this again.

It would not be for me.

Nor me.

Reactions: GahdenRinkRat

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
To each their own, but as with the Karen Read foolishness, why does anyone care?

It's media circus garbage.

Even at this late date and their business model is in shambles, American media can still sell scandal.

Apologies to any interested parties. Won't post about this again.

Nor me.

Why do you care about watching hockey? It’s just a bunch of grown adults playing a kids game.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
We walk our local trail almost daily and knew these cables came down several years ago in a storm. They aren't live but somehow they caught fire this morning. We called the fire department and they came out and took care of it, cutting away more cable for hot spots. The fire was dropping globs of liquid plastic/metal on to the plants below and would have made its way to the tree....thank goodness we saw it! Thanks to St Jacobs firefighters for getting there quickly.

1720881242358.jpeg

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
We walk our local trail almost daily and knew these cables came down several years ago in a storm. They aren't live but somehow they caught fire this morning. We called the fire department and they came out and took care of it, cutting away more cable for hot spots. The fire was dropping globs of liquid plastic/metal on to the plants below and would have made its way to the tree....thank goodness we saw it! Thanks to St Jacobs firefighters for getting there quickly.

View attachment 894671
poison ivy everywhere !

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
As a big wrestling fan, I’ll be at Wrestlemania 41 next year in Vegas.

I’ve been to Wrestlemania 30 & 33 so far.

Even if you’re not a wrestling fan, it’s soooooo much fun.
I went to 29, which has gotta be one of the worst in semi recent times. Still a f***in blast. Punk v Taker was awesome to see live but the rest of the show was a dud

I’m considering Vegas. Just a ton of money and super congested. But…Vegas.

I’ll message you if I end up going for sure. We can take sexy pics and send em to NeelyDan

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Im actually proud to be going out and doing things. For years I have made plans and never followed thru. Mostly held back by my ex and the girls. So many things I have missed out on. I wont any longer.
Good for you. Have fun. Be smart.

From an older person, my advice is before getting in another relationship, get your shit together. Learn from your mistakes.

Good Luck.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
You couldn't pay me to go to that crap.
Nor me.

Many at work - including the big cheese and other managers - love it.

I find the attraction, if not the popularity, mystifying.

Chocolate and vanilla.

Im actually proud to be going out and doing things. For years I have made plans and never followed thru. Mostly held back by my ex and the girls. So many things I have missed out on. I wont any longer.
"To each their own, Number One."

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I went to 29, which has gotta be one of the worst in semi recent times. Still a f***in blast. Punk v Taker was awesome to see live but the rest of the show was a dud

I’m considering Vegas. Just a ton of money and super congested. But…Vegas.

I’ll message you if I end up going for sure. We can take sexy pics and send em to NeelyDan
The last live wrestling event I went to was the 2015 Royal Rumble in Philadelphia. The Rumble match was bad but it was so bad that the crowd collectively lost it and booed Roman Reigns to the point where he almost cried, not even the Rock showing up could save him. But before that was a highly underrated triple threat between Cena, Lesnar, and Rollins for the title - Seth pulled off a Phoenix Splash and did a perfect table spot.

Great show. Only other show I'd been to was a Smackdown taping a few months before that. Wish I'd been able to go to more shows when I had more freedom (and when the product was good)

Troublesome 85

TOP RANKED
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
This was the first wrestling show I been to since 1997 at the Garden for a RAW. Someone was chokeslammed thru the ring I think.

Whats funny is my pops saying doesnt look like that many people. There were a few hundred. Its not WWE. I watch that but thats expensive to attend for the seats I want. MLW NXT and TNA until hopefully Wrestlemania

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Everyone acts like you have to be a couple or a group to go out to shows, but I find it the opposite. I miss being able to go to things I want see alone. When you're a couple you have to run everything by your partner and compromise to things with mass appeal or things that better fit your "schedule". Obscure band that I like is playing a show locally? She won't be interested so I can't go. Weeknight hockey game? No. Wrestling PPV? No way. Promo giveaway at the ballpark? Thursdays don't work, etc. Best you can do is a baseball game on a weekend with a less appealing opponent or a popular band that everyone in your friend group kinda likes a little but nobody really loves or is dying to see.

Cherish your single days

Reactions: Troublesome 85

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
cant believe it tookme this long to get an air fryer.
everything is amazing in it.
i dont even like hotdogs but man. i make them in there with the buns for tge kids and i eat the leftovers. delicious. and the dino nuggets. amazing.
just made cheesy garlic bread with mozzerella cheese, tortillas , and butter and sone seasoning and it took about 5 mins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad