OT - NO POLITICS Those Lazy Hazy Crazy Days of Summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morris Wanchuk

Feb 10, 2006
War Memorial Arena
Left a little later than planned for the cape since it was so gross out, left about 8:45. Didn’t hit a lick of traffic, grabbed my husband some lobster donuts from Fin and went to Skippers for lunch when they opened. Dragged that out and got the grocery shopping, liquor store, and house setup out of the way since it was pouring.

Decided to skip the crowds and cook dinner at home tonight after a busy day. Beach bright and early tomorrow!
Skipper FTW!!

Reactions: Kate08

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Wow.... she was my age
She fought hard for 10 years. Her story is why it is so important for women and men to get their annual checkups and to stay vigilant of any changes. Brenda and Dylan are together again.

Charmed is still on TNT in perpetuity.....
You can get quite a few episodes of the original 90210 on Hulu. Both were fantastic shows.

Reactions: NeelyDan and SPV

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
She fought hard for 10 years. Her story is why it is so important for women and men to get their annual checkups and to stay vigilant of any changes. Brenda and Dylan are together again.

You can get quite a few episodes of the original 90210 on Hulu. Both were fantastic shows.
Frustrating thing about the original 90210 is they don't have all the episodes of all the seasons so it makes it hard to follow some of the storylines

Reactions: Alicat and Mione134

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Frustrating thing about the original 90210 is they don't have all the episodes of all the seasons so it makes it hard to follow some of the storylines
it's hard because it was groundbreaking at the time.... no network had ever started any series in the so-called summer or past May until Fox did..... the reboot as Charmed was as well wasn't well received either and that may have had to do w/ Aaron Spelling's genius....

Killerbeez

Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Ellsworth, Maine
none
cant believe it tookme this long to get an air fryer.
everything is amazing in it.
i dont even like hotdogs but man. i make them in there with the buns for tge kids and i eat the leftovers. delicious. and the dino nuggets. amazing.
just made cheesy garlic bread with mozzerella cheese, tortillas , and butter and sone seasoning and it took about 5 mins.
You can make a lot of things in there. Try making pork ribs...very good when you can't get outside to do it. Also, just made teriyaki beef jerky that was amazing. Such a versatile gadget to have. We won't be without one from here.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Haven't played pinball in years....

Curious as to what us older people played for video games as a kid

Asteroids
Armor attack (which we figured out and played for hours on 2 quarters)
Space invaders

Frogger, Donkey Kong, PAC man, were a little bit after my time
Played or play? I still partake. This might get long winded!

I grew up on the original Nintendo. Played some Atari when visiting family but never owned one. On NES some notable favorites were super Mario 1-3, Kung Fu, Renegade, Break thru, bubble bobble, mega man 1, I’m sure there are literally a hundred more. I actually did own a cartridge that held 110 games.

Was the last kid in town to get a sega Genesis, and didn’t care for it as much. NHL 94 was great though. Sega has its gems but there was a lot of junk.

Original PlayStation was the game changer imo. NFL game day 98, NHL faceoff 98, all of the fighting and racing titles, cool boarders 2, Tony Hawk. Not to mention the chip i soldered into the board that bypassed the security check, allowing copied discs to play. I did have a frogger disc for PlayStation too actually, and it was quite fun

N64 and PS2 were the last consoles i purchased. Got some good mileage out of those too. When i moved out in college i bought a used ps2 and used copy of the original SOCOM game, just so i could play online on a squad with my two youger brothers. That was tons of fun.

A couple years ago i received a Switch for Xmas. I love it. The kids love it. It’s such an incredibly well rounded platform. The only thing Nintendo lacks is sports titles, but i don’t play them much these days anyway. It’s got games the kids can play alone or together, games i can play alone, stuff i can play together with the lady friend, and titles we can all play together.

Right now, I’m just about finished with my very first play through of the resident evil 1 remaster. I haven’t played the original in over 25 years, so with the cleaned up graphics and quicker loading screens, this legitimately feels like one of the best games I’ve ever played. I don’t know how I finished it when I was a kid.

Reactions: shelbysdad

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
When you shoot a 37 on the front nine and 44 on the back.

1720984161074.gif

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

Asteroids
Space invaders

I was in my late teens/early 20s when the home video game explosion began. The neighbors' son had Pong and we played for hours.

I had an Atari 2600. I was an ace at Air/Sea Battle, not so much with the other games that came with the console. Back then buying other games were too expensive for me. Then I bought a Nintendo NES set. Duck Hunt was a favorite although I always wanted to shoot the smirking dog that popped up every time I missed which wasn't often. My sister has Nintendo Wii (bought it for the kids)which is pretty cool.

Johnny Upton

Jul 5, 2003
Boston

Asteroids
Space invaders

We got an Atari 2600 for Christmas 1981 and that got me rolling on video games as an eager 4 year old. We played that for years until we got a Nintendo, and now as an adult I have a Switch to play a lot of the classic games from my youth.

I grew up 5 minutes from the local arcade so I played a lot of 80s classics. I remember when Dragon’s Lair came out and drew huge crowds because no one had ever seen anything like it.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Played or play? I still partake. This might get long winded!

I grew up on the original Nintendo. Played some Atari when visiting family but never owned one. On NES some notable favorites were super Mario 1-3, Kung Fu, Renegade, Break thru, bubble bobble, mega man 1, I’m sure there are literally a hundred more. I actually did own a cartridge that held 110 games.

Was the last kid in town to get a sega Genesis, and didn’t care for it as much. NHL 94 was great though. Sega has its gems but there was a lot of junk.

Original PlayStation was the game changer imo. NFL game day 98, NHL faceoff 98, all of the fighting and racing titles, cool boarders 2, Tony Hawk. Not to mention the chip i soldered into the board that bypassed the security check, allowing copied discs to play. I did have a frogger disc for PlayStation too actually, and it was quite fun

N64 and PS2 were the last consoles i purchased. Got some good mileage out of those too. When i moved out in college i bought a used ps2 and used copy of the original SOCOM game, just so i could play online on a squad with my two youger brothers. That was tons of fun.

A couple years ago i received a Switch for Xmas. I love it. The kids love it. It’s such an incredibly well rounded platform. The only thing Nintendo lacks is sports titles, but i don’t play them much these days anyway. It’s got games the kids can play alone or together, games i can play alone, stuff i can play together with the lady friend, and titles we can all play together.

Right now, I’m just about finished with my very first play through of the resident evil 1 remaster. I haven’t played the original in over 25 years, so with the cleaned up graphics and quicker loading screens, this legitimately feels like one of the best games I’ve ever played. I don’t know how I finished it when I was a kid.
i went to free play in worcester last week for the first time ever. place is great. Think it was 10 bucks for unlimited time playing .
I shot a 60 yesterday....18 holes

Too bad it was at pirates cove....worst score ever
i shot -1 on 18 for disc golf.
not bad for me.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
We got an Atari 2600 for Christmas 1981 and that got me rolling on video games as an eager 4 year old. We played that for years until we got a Nintendo, and now as an adult I have a Switch to play a lot of the classic games from my youth.

I grew up 5 minutes from the local arcade so I played a lot of 80s classics. I remember when Dragon’s Lair came out and drew huge crowds because no one had ever seen anything like it.
The feeling of a shit load of quarters was the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad