Rumor: All Purpose Trade Proposals, Speculation and Rumours - 2023/24

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
can't put conditional picks on extensions anymore
oh drats

Ehlers can't negotiate an extension until July 1st which is a few days after the draft and we can't put any conditions on extensions anymore.

It makes any kind of deal for draft picks likely squarely on the value of McG and Ehlers likely gets dealt in the summer.
surely a player can negotiate an extension with his own team? just can't be signed until July 1?

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Would be Fitzgerald making that call, but anyways

We would have to allow that talk to happen. They'd likely penalize us both. NHL has no issues penalizing small market teams.

oh drats

surely a player can negotiate an extension with his own team? just can't be signed until July 1?

It's against the CBA. That doesn't mean it doesn't happen. We know for instance that Ehlers agent has said he has no intention of resigning with us. That much is allowed. But what can't be discussed is dollar amounts and term until July 1st of the final year.

It definitely happens frequently but generally more when a team is trying to sign a player. When you get multiple agents and teams involved its pretty merky though.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
We would have to allow that talk to happen. They'd likely penalize us both. NHL has no issues penalizing small market teams.

It's against the CBA. That doesn't mean it doesn't happen. We know for instance that Ehlers agent has said he has no intention of resigning with us. That much is allowed. But what can't be discussed is dollar amounts and term until July 1st of the final year.

It definitely happens frequently but generally more when a team is trying to sign a player. When you get multiple agents and teams involved its pretty merky though.
I've heard and accept that in relation to tampering, but never in relation to your own employee. Not sure why it would be required. I'd need to see the language from the CBA or some credible reporting on that one to really believe it. (and I do find you a very credible source. and i'm so often wrong. but.....)

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
what from his game makes you say he can't be a 2nd pair defender exactly?
That was not what I said.

Able to carry a 2nd pair on a Cup contender = a #1D, just not the franchise type guy.

He is a solid 2nd pair guy absolutely. But not the type of guy that you want as a #2 in the playoffs imo

His cost controlled years are gone now, his value to a team like us has passed.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
i think that's a pretty decent deal for Boston :dunno: id reckon Korpisalo will be far better in BOS than OTT, CBJ. Probably closer to his LAK numbers. 3M for a back-up is a bit pricey certainly, but there could be a flip opportunity

edit - sens cant give him an extension till July 1 anyway

Last edited:

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I'm pretty sure it has been mentioned at somewhere down the line, but how about McGroarty 1 for 1 with Savoie? Same draft class. We get #9 Buffalo gets #14. Buffalo gets a player that better balances their lineup, we get a player with a more top end offensive ceiling. Savoie was a more than a 2 PPG player in junior last season, so it is not like he is fading away.

Aries56

Jan 10, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
I'm pretty sure it has been mentioned at somewhere down the line, but how about McGroarty 1 for 1 with Savoie? Same draft class. We get #9 Buffalo gets #14. Buffalo gets a player that better balances their lineup, we get a player with a more top end offensive ceiling. Savoie was a more than a 2 PPG player in junior last season, so it is not like he is fading away.
I'm on board. I'd prefer picking up a player already drafted, as opposed to a draft pick this year. It's supposed to be a weak draft this year, so hoping for a prospect for prospect (or rookie) type of trade.

Reactions: KingBogo

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
52 points in 29 games so almost 2ppg.
I think it makes sense for both teams.

Reactions: surixon

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Just looking at WHL regular season games capfriendly has him at 71 points in 34 games. IMO this is the type of player Chevy should push for when moving McGroarty.

I'd be pushing hard for this. He has a butt load of skill and speed. Plus he plays a tenacious game and his puck pursuit is excellent. He also has a lot of practice playing with a player like Perfetti in Benson so I think k he'd fit extremely well.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Just looking at WHL regular season games capfriendly has him at 71 points in 34 games. IMO this is the type of player Chevy should push for when moving McGroarty.
Sorry, I'm old and was adding AHL and some WHL games together.

Play Savoie with Nino and a goal scorer like Volare or KFC and you'd have a good line.
I think he is NHL ready.

HellebuyckOurSaviour

Apr 8, 2014
Winnipeg
I'd love to try and get

In: Lindholm, Joshua, Brown, Janmark, Foegele, 1st Rd (18th OV Chi from NYI), 3rd Rd (Chi from Ott), Carrier, Pulock, DeSmith

Out: Ehlers, Monahan, Toffoli, Kupari, Appleton, Stanley, Dillon, McGroarty, Schmidt

I'd love to keep Brossoit but he's gone for sure. Also keep Miller as a 6th or 7th D for just below what he was making.

Somehow if we could trade Pionk for decent picks.

trebendan

Aug 13, 2010
After Maurice’s comment about the Jets, it makes me wonder if some of the Panthers’ UFA’s might consider signing here, like Tarasenko or even Montour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad