Rumor: All Purpose Trade Proposals, Speculation and Rumours - 2023/24

NA Hockey

Nov 16, 2015
So perfetti got fed a shit sandwich?

He went 23 games with one assist of something.

If that was anyone else, they probably get bumped down the line up, too. Or at least I'd understand if they did
This is something I wrote earlier instead of rewriting or coming up with a response. Perfetti definitely got fed a shit sandwich.

Even when he was near a point per game inot December he was playing 14 mins or less a night. He was leading the team in PP points and was on the second unit. Never saw 4 on 4 or 3 on 3 ice and didn't even shoot in the shootout.

People keep going back to the slump for his reduced role. When he went cold for 10 games they moved him to the 4th line and then to the press box. That is why the slump lasted so long. They could have helped him and given him more opportunities like they did for others when they went cold to get him going, instead they did the opposite.

Interestingly:

Nino didn't score a goal in his last 21 games (including playoffs) and didn't miss a minute of ice. He also went a stretch earlier in the season where he had 2 goals in 24 games. So two separate long streaks and he didn't get benched or sent to the 4th.

Appleton finished the year with 1 goal in his last 17 games. He also had an earlier stretch with 1 goal in 17 games and earlier stretch with no goals in 25 games.. Yet he never lost ice.

Iafallo finished the year with 1 goal in his last 22 games. He also had an earlier stretch where he had 1 goal in 27 games and that was mostly on the top line and top PP. Never once scratched or called out.

Lowry started the year with two goals in his first 17 games. He also had a 21 game stretch with zero goals during the season.

There are others with long goalless and pointless droughts as well but no one was treated like Cole for their slumps.

If I was a player I would look at everyone around me and wonder why I was the only one being so easily demoted or scratched. I would wonder why I was playing 13 mins a game even when I was amongst the leaders on the team in scoring and my defensive numbers were very good. I would wonder why I wasn't on PP1 even when I had the most PP goals on the team at one point.

They also scratched him for AJF a career minor leaguer who has passed through waivers multiple times in the playoffs and for another player, Gus, who had 7 points in 39 games this year and has 14 points in 113 career games. Of course that will make player wonder what the heck is going on

RustyCat

Registered homie
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
McG to Chicago for Sam Rinzel and Lukas Reichel?

Made me think of Chicago as he would for sure get to go in the show. They seemed to do that with a lot of their prospects

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
This is something I wrote earlier instead of rewriting or coming up with a response. Perfetti definitely got fed a shit sandwich.

Even when he was near a point per game inot December he was playing 14 mins or less a night. He was leading the team in PP points and was on the second unit. Never saw 4 on 4 or 3 on 3 ice and didn't even shoot in the shootout.

People keep going back to the slump for his reduced role. When he went cold for 10 games they moved him to the 4th line and then to the press box. That is why the slump lasted so long. They could have helped him and given him more opportunities like they did for others when they went cold to get him going, instead they did the opposite.

Interestingly:

Nino didn't score a goal in his last 21 games (including playoffs) and didn't miss a minute of ice. He also went a stretch earlier in the season where he had 2 goals in 24 games. So two separate long streaks and he didn't get benched or sent to the 4th.

Appleton finished the year with 1 goal in his last 17 games. He also had an earlier stretch with 1 goal in 17 games and earlier stretch with no goals in 25 games.. Yet he never lost ice.

Iafallo finished the year with 1 goal in his last 22 games. He also had an earlier stretch where he had 1 goal in 27 games and that was mostly on the top line and top PP. Never once scratched or called out.

Lowry started the year with two goals in his first 17 games. He also had a 21 game stretch with zero goals during the season.

There are others with long goalless and pointless droughts as well but no one was treated like Cole for their slumps.

If I was a player I would look at everyone around me and wonder why I was the only one being so easily demoted or scratched. I would wonder why I was playing 13 mins a game even when I was amongst the leaders on the team in scoring and my defensive numbers were very good. I would wonder why I wasn't on PP1 even when I had the most PP goals on the team at one point.

They also scratched him for AJF a career minor leaguer who has passed through waivers multiple times in the playoffs and for another player, Gus, who had 7 points in 39 games this year and has 14 points in 113 career games. Of course that will make player wonder what the heck is going on
This ^

FlappyGiraffe

Go Jets Go
Sponsor
Jul 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Sens fan here. Wondering what all your thoughts would be regarding a deal around McGroarty for 7th overall. I suspect Ottawa would seek a semi-valuable +, but not necessarily. Ottawa would probably also make Joseph available for the right deal.

I hope this situation turns out well for you. I have a feeling it will, even if its not perfectly ideal.
I'd be more interested in trying to build out a bigger deal with Chabot if he's available.

7oa is decent if it's the best offer out there but I think Chevy would probably want to upgrade the team with Rutgers value instead of restarting the clock on an 18 year old

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
I'd be more interested in trying to build out a bigger deal with Chabot if he's available.

7oa is decent if it's the best offer out there but I think Chevy would probably want to upgrade the team with Rutgers value instead of restarting the clock on an 18 year old
Hard to say if Chabot would be available but even if Chychrun is dealt, it would be hard to refuse Rutger.

How would you envision that bigger trade? I suspect you would need to clear salary… and I suspect we could take Schmidt if necessary, although it probably wouldnt be pur preference as a priority for the back end is snarl.

Reactions: FlappyGiraffe

Aries56

Jan 10, 2011
Winnipeg, MB

Interestingly:

Nino, Lowry and Appleton were given their role, and that was to shutdown the other team's offense. Even if they didn't produce offensively, their game time wasn't cut because they're still doing their role as a third line, shut down pairing.

If those guys were in the top 6 and expecting to put up points, and they weren't, their time would have been cut.

Iafallo had his time cut, he spent much of the year on the 4th line. The difference between Iafallo and Perfetti is that Perfetti is a bit of a glass cannon. What he brings most is offensive creativity, he's not the guy you go to for defense. AJF is an energy, high tempo guy and Iafallo is a guy that can win board battles and be a nuisance to the other team's offense. That's why they were playing while Perfetti was in the press box. If he's not bringing offense, he's not contributing.

The only thing we could have done differently is not trade for Toffoli, give those offensive minutes to Perfetti, but you would still need to find a way to get him contributing again because no one was generating any offense towards the end of the year.

FlappyGiraffe

Go Jets Go
Sponsor
Jul 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Hard to say if Chabot would be available but even if Chychrun is dealt, it would be hard to refuse Rutger.

How would you envision that bigger trade? I suspect you would need to clear salary… and I suspect we could take Schmidt if necessary, although it probably wouldnt be pur preference as a priority for the back end is snarl.
We have Ehlers making 6m as well that could be worked into a bigger deal

NA Hockey

Nov 16, 2015
Nino, Lowry and Appleton were given their role, and that was to shutdown the other team's offense. Even if they didn't produce offensively, their game time wasn't cut because they're still doing their role as a third line, shut down pairing.

If those guys were in the top 6 and expecting to put up points, and they weren't, their time would have been cut.

Iafallo had his time cut, he spent much of the year on the 4th line. The difference between Iafallo and Perfetti is that Perfetti is a bit of a glass cannon. What he brings most is offensive creativity, he's not the guy you go to for defense. AJF is an energy, high tempo guy and Iafallo is a guy that can win board battles and be a nuisance to the other team's offense. That's why they were playing while Perfetti was in the press box. If he's not bringing offense, he's not contributing.

The only thing we could have done differently is not trade for Toffoli, give those offensive minutes to Perfetti, but you would still need to find a way to get him contributing again because no one was generating any offense towards the end of the year.
So much I could say but I am tired and no one wants to read it so I won't refute the many things I think are wrong with your post except the easy low hanging fruit.

Cole finished the year with 6 points in his last 5 games (so he was scoring again) and AJF hadn't been with the team in months yet Cole was scratched in the playoffs for AJF, a guy who had cleared waivers lol

Lastly, Cole's defensive numbers were very good this year, so there was never a need to take away ice because of defence.

I do think the Toffoli acquisition was the final problem for Cole but he was being fed the shit sandwich even in November and December when he was playing great,

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015

What about Rutger, Ehlers and Schmidt for Chabot with 1.5m retained?

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg

Interestingly:

This is a pretty accurate take.

Perfetti was utilized by the coach as an offense only defensive liability. Almost like a Spezza type earlier in his career.

His results indicated he contributes very positively so it did seem a bit unfair in that sense. But life is unfair so it wasn't the worst move I've seen I guess.

The idea that Perfetti does not contribute like others when he was in a slump to me was more Bowness opinion than anything tangible I've seen.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
What about Rutger, Ehlers and Schmidt for Chabot with 1.5m retained?
Getting Rutger AND Ehlers for Chabot would be amazing but there is no way we could make that work capwise, especially since Ehlers and especially Schmidt are both pretty superfluous for us. Cant see us taking on $5ish mil in cap while not addressing any major needs.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019

Interestingly:

Can you read through your own post and then comment on why comparing Perfetti to anyone on the lowry line is idiotic please? I'd post it out for you, but I'll let you try to figure it out for yourself

While you're at it, ypu brought up both his usage and his production in the first half. I'm going to let you try to find the link between those two, also

Hint: you seem to think that all the forward lines get the same matchups and play against the same quality of opponents.. or at least that's what you're implying

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
Sens fan here. Wondering what all your thoughts would be regarding a deal around McGroarty for 7th overall. I suspect Ottawa would seek a semi-valuable +, but not necessarily. Ottawa would probably also make Joseph available for the right deal.

I hope this situation turns out well for you. I have a feeling it will, even if its not perfectly ideal.
While the Jets might prefer a player coming back, 7th overall is a very good offer

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
It's not really anyones fault per say.

McGroarty wants a guaranteed roster spot as a 20 year old rookie coming in.

The Jets don't want to guarantee a 20 year old rookie anything of the sort.

There is only so much you can do in a situation like this. It's not the first time it's happened in this league and it won't be the last. What are the Jets supposed to do in this situation? Guarantee him a spot and then when things go south and he gets sent down, he's pissed off and asks for a trade anyways?

I think any kind of high end RHD ask likely starts with Connor++. And in many cases that still won't be enough.

High end RHD is the rarest position outside of starting goalies in the league. Teams usually aren't all that keen on trading them when they have them.

So much for his high “character”

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
There is a high high likelihood he could have/would have made the team out of camp with an Ehlers departure.

This sucks, though. We lauded this guy as a potential captain/high character guy and our management drove him away.

Ridiculously bad look that should cost someone their job.

I'm not entirely sure he would have. He's got the size and certainly has the skill. But Lambert and Chibrikov both have a full AHL season under their belts. They are more used to the kind of schedule the NHL will throw at them and they know the system far better.

McG to Buffalo for Savoie, straight up?
I'd do it.

In a heartbeat!

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills

7th overall is a tempting offer. I'm not sure I would add much more to it. Maybe a mid round pick or a C prospect.

Also have interest in Chabot, Pinto, Greig, Chychrun.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad