Rumor: All Purpose Trade Proposals, Speculation and Rumours - 2023/24

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010

oilers and holloway couldn't find a lower-term deal? he will get likely more opportunity in STL next year for sure, however, huge downgrade in team quality. with Skinner on a 1-year deal, and Arvidsson on a 2-yea deals perhaps he gets consistent top-6 the following year or 2 with one of McDavid or Draisaitl (if re-signed). easy for me to say since i am not the one with million dollar offers though lol

• Wow
Reactions: snowkiddin

AlaskaJet

Retrieves pucks and ducks
Sep 29, 2017
Olympia, Washington (from Ft. Garry)
But his Laine first posters have even a thinner skin so the fireworks should be pretty entertaining until he is eventually moved on.
Who are you dam saying is thinning in skin? At Aavgaard trainning centre we have saauna masseuse fissio to keep aal
tissu in top form! Since Koivu we have new home in your land and Montroyal people know where is the bust players are comming Fromm.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Who are you dam saying is thinning in skin? At Aavgaard trainning centre we have saauna masseuse fissio to keep aal
tissu in top form! Since Koivu we have new home in your land and Montroyal people know where is the bust players are comming Fromm.

I had the Laineiac’s on ignore but of the few posts I did read before hitting the ejector seat, you have captured the essence well.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
i like the 3 signings NSH did w/ Stamkos, Marchessault and Skjei. Now add 3 1sts (TBL, VGK, own) in 2025 gives them some more possible ammo to make more moves

Reactions: ps241

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
i like the 3 signings NSH did w/ Stamkos, Marchessault and Skjei. Now add 3 1sts (TBL, VGK, own) in 2025 gives them some more possible ammo to make more moves
They have a lot of Cap space tied up with star power. Still funny that Mc Donaugh was quoted as saying he wanted to play for a winner, and talking about playing with Stamkos, and then Stamkos jumps ship. And Skej takes his spot. I think the Dante Fabbro situation is one to watch over there...He, like Ehlers, is going into his last contract year, and he might be available if the Preds aren't as good on the ice as they are on paper, for a team that has bought out Turris, Duchene and Johansen recently to change their core, and is on the books for all of them.

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012

I can see why San Jose would do this deal but I like it a bit more Nashville. Askarov's numbers in the AHL are just OK but he is young so him having just OK numbers in the AHL might not be the worst thing.

It's not the end of the world for San Jose though. They have enough picks (esp high picks) that even if this dart doesn't land it's not too too bad for them and if it does land, that's great upside for them.

Reactions: ps241

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
Had a wedding at The Gates yesterday and my buddy ran into Laines parents outside. They were at another wedding there. He said she wouldn't stop talking about how much they love it here and were hoping he would come back here. 😔

• Love
Reactions: wraithsonwings

Royale With Cheese

----
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
Had a wedding at The Gates yesterday and my buddy ran into Laines parents outside. They were at another wedding there. He said she wouldn't stop talking about how much they love it here and were hoping he would come back here. 😔
Laine's parents live in Winnipeg?

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012

Apparently Winnipeg was "serious" in their talks with Necas according to the man himself.

12. Despite heavy interrogation, Nečas avoided specifics on which teams talked to him: “I’ll be honest, there were lots.” He did confirm Columbus and Winnipeg were serious, and some Hurricanes worked him hard to stay. “I love the guys in Carolina. Great chemistry off the ice.”

I am glad it didn't happen. Not a good fit with the Jets.

Whileee

May 29, 2010

Apparently Winnipeg was "serious" in their talks with Necas according to the man himself.

I am glad it didn't happen. Not a good fit with the Jets.
My guess is that the Jets were likely looking at moving Ehlers in a deal for Necas, but Necas didn't want to commit long-term to Winnipeg. If so, the big question will be whether the Jets pivot to trying to keep Ehlers longer term, especially since they've trade LW McGroarty for a future right-shot C in Yager.

Hobble

Sep 2, 2010
My guess is that the Jets were likely looking at moving Ehlers in a deal for Necas, but Necas didn't want to commit long-term to Winnipeg. If so, the big question will be whether the Jets pivot to trying to keep Ehlers longer term, especially since they've trade LW McGroarty for a future right-shot C in Yager.
“That’s my secret Cap… all future Jets C’s are future Jets wingers.”

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
So are you completely full of shit or just ignorant?

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Do you think the Jets are trying to move Ehlers? I think the direction from the top down is make the playoffs. Seems disingenuous to have statements from both coach and GM talking about how he fits into the team and then try to trade him. If the Jets put Mc Groarty and Heinola (which could explain hold up on a contract) on the table I could the Jets fishing for Necas as a potential 2C after the trade request came out. And Necas thought Raleigh was better than Winnipeg. So you go back to the drawing board.

I do wonder if Yager is Ehlers replacement.
I feel like Chevy is banking on a career year for Nik, with this future contract dependent on this season. Namestnikov might have something extra in the tank too.

Maybe you double down now and get at least 5 years out of Perfetti in the next contract.

Training with Scheif and Morrissey, you're looking at a core guy potentially, with Samberg being the next investment, and there is still room to maneuver.

Reactions: AlaskaJet

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Do you think the Jets are trying to move Ehlers? I think the direction from the top down is make the playoffs. Seems disingenuous to have statements from both coach and GM talking about how he fits into the team and then try to trade him. If the Jets put Mc Groarty and Heinola (which could explain hold up on a contract) on the table I could the Jets fishing for Necas as a potential 2C after the trade request came out. And Necas thought Raleigh was better than Winnipeg. So you go back to the drawing board.

I do wonder if Yager is Ehlers replacement.
I feel like Chevy is banking on a career year for Nik, with this future contract dependent on this season. Namestnikov might have something extra in the tank too.

Maybe you double down now and get at least 5 years out of Perfetti in the next contract.

Training with Scheif and Morrissey, you're looking at a core guy potentially, with Samberg being the next investment, and there is still room to maneuver.
The rumour around the Jets trading Ehlers seems to come after Dave Pagnotta claimed Ehlers wasn't interested in signing a contract extension with the Jets. According to Scott Billeck and the Winnipeg Sun, "[a] source close to Ehlers wouldn’t confirm that to the Sun, only saying he’s got one year left on his deal and they’ll see where it goes" which doesn't exactly fill one with confidence of Ehlers re-upping.

Now, the Jets may be planning to just use him as an own rental or are hoping they can convince him eventually during the season.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
The rumour around the Jets trading Ehlers seems to come after Dave Pagnotta claimed Ehlers wasn't interested in signing a contract extension with the Jets. According to Scott Billeck and the Winnipeg Sun, "[a] source close to Ehlers wouldn’t confirm that to the Sun, only saying he’s got one year left on his deal and they’ll see where it goes" which doesn't exactly fill one with confidence of Ehlers re-upping.

Now, the Jets may be planning to just use him as an own rental or are hoping they can convince him eventually during the season.
Hoping this translates to Ehlers on the top line for an actual season so we at least know whether to sign him or not

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011

I don't see Ehlers re-signing here. The players he seemed to gel with the most have been moved out.

Now maybe a career year with Lambert coming up the ranks could change his mind. I do think it's farewell for #27, but he won't be let go unceremoniously, because he's a fan favourite and analytics say the Jets have a better chance of making the playoffs with him in the lineup.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
I don't see Ehlers re-signing here. The players he seemed to gel with the most have been moved out.

Now maybe a career year with Lambert coming up the ranks could change his mind. I do think it's farewell for #27, but he won't be let go unceremoniously, because he's a fan favourite and analytics say the Jets have a better chance of making the playoffs with him in the lineup.
I mean he actually gels with scheif.... so there's still hope right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad