Rumor: All Purpose Trade Proposals, Speculation and Rumours - 2023/24

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
This will not play out well for Laine or Montreal. He doesn't have thick enough skin to play for those fans and the media is 1000x worse. Please take it easy on him.
If he finds his scoring touch he could be the Finnish Guy Lafleur...Montreal can eat you up but it can also be the best place to play if you win. I can see the Habs using a very similar PP to the one the Jets had with Suzuki on the half wall, like Wheeler, and 2 good RH options for one timers.

It's a low risk move for the Canadiens but jeez with Laine, Caufield, Gallagher, Anderson and Armia as RWers that's over 30 million in Cap space...obviously somebody gets to play their shooting side and with Marty St. Louis could be multiple players, since Slafkovsky is their only good LWer.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Winnipeg turns PLD into Kupari, Vilardi, Iaffalo, Freij
Columbus has to include a 2nd rounder to turn Laine into Jordan Harris a former 3rd round selection.

And people want Cheveldayoff fired.

Heinola, Salomonsson, Kuzmin.
I’m one of those who thinks Cheveldayoff should be replaced.
Year 13 and zero success.
His performance screams ADEQUATE

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Actually a pretty good haul for Hughes... that contract is not an albatross at all - van buy him out for 2.3m cap hit next year if he fizzles and if he performs you sell at TD for a first and a prospect

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
The Jets don't have 9 million in cap space and while i liked Laine when he was here he hasn't come close to looking like that Laine in a very long time. Besides i think the playoffs showed the Jets need defense and more speed and that's definitely not Laine. I just think the Jets could spend 9 million way better than adding Laine.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
The Jets don't have 9 million in cap space and while i liked Laine when he was here he hasn't come close to looking like that Laine in a very long time. Besides i think the playoffs showed the Jets need defense and more speed and that's definitely not Laine. I just think the Jets could spend 9 million way better than adding Laine.
Sure they could
Will they?
I would have liked Laine back but like you the price was way too steep.

Reactions: Lorenzo1000

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
There is less pressure to win in MTL at the moment because we are rebuilding and nobody expects us to win. And If Laine plays relatively well , he will love it here (mtl) .

Laine is certainly capable of a productive season “if” he remains healthy. He will expect to play as the #1 RW. What the Habs need to hope for is good health and an elevated shooting %. The fans here loved him allot more as a teenager when he was converting at a 18% clip vs shooting at a pedestrian 12% level in his 20’s for us.

I liked the kid most of the time, but his expectations without the required sacrifice wore me out. By the time he asked to be moved for a fresh start I would have driven him to the airport myself. Pretty sure 80% of my problem originated from his delusional Monty Pythonesc fan base invading our site.

Like all goal scorers when they are on a roll they are fun to watch.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Not surprised that Laine was traded to Montreal.... but I am surprised that there was no retention.

Waddell told Brian Hedger of the Columbus Dispatch that other teams who were interested in Laine wanted the Blue Jackets to retain half of his contract in a trade. The Canadiens were willing to take all of Laine’s contract.

When asked about the red flags concerning Laine, Hughes said: “I think more than anything, Patrik’s comments were that the things that he wanted to or felt he needed to work on weren’t hockey related and that he’s very confident in his ability as a hockey player. One of the other things that he said repeatedly in our conversation was wanting to win and wanting to be part of something. We’re looking for people that want to be part of something and part of what we’re trying to do.”

Last edited:

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
He will expect to play as the #1 RW. What the Habs need to hope for is good health and an elevated shooting %. The fans here loved him allot more as a teenager when he was converting at a 18% clip vs shooting at a pedestrian 12% level in his 20’s for us.

I liked the kid most of the time, but his expectations without the required sacrifice wore me out. By the time he asked to be moved for a fresh start I would have driven him to the airport myself. Pretty sure 80% of my problem originated from his delusional Monty Pythonesc fan base invading our site.

Like all goal scorers when they are on a roll they are fun to watch.
Caufield might have something to say about that...

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
He was close to a point per game player just two years ago. Would have also improved our abysmal power play significantly. But honestly I'm indifferent. I would have liked him here but it is also a lot of money and still a gamble. That being said players aren't exactly lining up to sign here. I would have kept him in the first place and he probably would have been a life long jet.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
He was close to a point per game player just two years ago. Would have also improved our abysmal power play significantly. But honestly I'm indifferent. I would have liked him here but it is also a lot of money and still a gamble. That being said players aren't exactly lining up to sign here. I would have kept him in the first place and he probably would have been a life long jet.

Actually his pp play the last number of years hasn't been great. He no longer has that all world one timer due to numerous back injuries. He's produced a lot at ES though.

Reactions: kylbaz and hn777

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
Actually his pp play the last number of years hasn't been great. He no longer has that all world one timer due to numerous back injuries. He's produced a lot at ES though.
I wonder is it the one timer is declined or teams just watching for it more? Nonetheless it's a spot on the pp that we lack and whether it's even to just be a threat. Teams aren't too worried with scheif sitting over there.

Last edited:

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
I wonder is it the one timer is declined or teams just watching for it more? Nonetheless it's a spot on the pp that we lack and whether it's even to just be a threat. Teams aren't too worried with scheif sitting over there.
Definitely something happened to his one timer. He lost both strength and accuracy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad