Rumor: All Purpose Trade Proposals, Speculation and Rumours - 2023/24

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

scarbrow

Nov 3, 2016
Throw it up to "it'll never happen" but what if Jets offersheet Seth Jarvis to solve the 2c need long term. I understand there's gymnastics to be done here also as we still have Perfetti to sign but I would LOVE Jarvis in WPG and not just because he's from here.

Reactions: Dirty30

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Throw it up to "it'll never happen" but what if Jets offersheet Seth Jarvis to solve the 2c need long term. I understand there's gymnastics to be done here also as we still have Perfetti to sign but I would LOVE Jarvis in WPG and not just because he's from here.

Jarvis isn't a center. He plays wing on Aho's line.

Cypruss

Stand up for your beliefs.
Oct 18, 2018
LaSalle, Manitoba
I like Jarvis alot as well, but if doing an offer sheet, I would assume that we would need to be in the $6.87MM to $9.16MM range.

That requires a 1st, 2nd, 3rd round pick as compensation. The Jets don't have their second round pick next year (Toffoli trade) - so would not be able to do the offer sheet (or need to re-acquire that pick from the Devils somehow).

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
Coming back to Winnipeg is not a fresh start for Laine, Jets need to look to the future and not relive the past.
NHL is in the entertainment business. Are you not entertained by Laine?

? Aside from Arniel, being promoted to HC from assistant I don't really know what you are alluding to here. Nice axe you got there to grind though.
It was a bit of a joke, sort of like the NHL.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
NHL is in the entertainment business. Are you not entertained by Laine?
No, he gives me more grey hairs and makes me throw things in the direction on the TV and regularly curse his name. For ME, if the Jets brought him back in might be the second least favourite trade in Jets 1.0 or 2.0 history for me (at least off the top of my head), only one worse for me would be T.S. trade in Jets 1.0. Laine hands down my least favourite player in Jets 2.0, I was very happy to see him shipped out.

• Haha
Reactions: MardyBum

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
No, he gives me more grey hairs and makes me throw things in the direction on the TV and regularly curse his name. For ME, if the Jets brought him back in might be the second least favourite trade in Jets 1.0 or 2.0 history for me (at least off the top of my head), only one worse for me would be T.S. trade in Jets 1.0. Laine hands down my least favourite player in Jets 2.0, I was very happy to see him shipped out.

Tyler Myers is #1 for me in making me scream and throw things at the screen but Laine is probably top-5.:laugh:

jokesondee

I’m not fat. I’m cultivating mass.
Feb 23, 2018
Winnipeg
Really?

They have the CAP space so this seems like a no brainer to me. Another great move by the Habs GM.
8.7 million for an often injured player that hasnt played a complete season since 2018-2019, who's now wanted off of the only two teams he's ever played for, and who just came out of the player assistant program isnt a gamble?!? Ok.......

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
As if the Jets couldn't have taken Laine and a 2nd for a prospect.
That would have put them $3 M over the cap with an unsigned Perfetti. That would put Chevy in a pretty risky position for a Perfetti offer sheet. Though I would have liked the 2nd round pick the Habs picked up to take on his contract.

Reactions: AlaskaJet
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad