Rumor: All Purpose Trade Proposals, Speculation and Rumours - 2023/24

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Mcgroaty for Jiricek + Laine $2.5 per retained. Ehlers re signs. Always said Laine liked it here.

That one trick pony was on pace for almost a point per game two years ago. Would have been top 3 on our team.
Will take much more than that. unless you are suggesting Laine has negative value?

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
murat on wst was talking about how everyone thought scheifele/helle were gone and then they signed but then said this is not that situation with mcgroarty and he will be traded and thought he would have been traded already

Chevy is nothing if not a grinder. He'll grind this down to the last minute as per usual.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Habs with that trade could be making a move towards Rutger.

21st & Barron/Struble for Rutger+

Fun to watch the Rutger thing work out and see what he returns
Montreal is always interested in Winnipeg's assets.

Screenshot 2024-06-28 at 2.06.35 PM.png

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Can someone convert this into Don Cherry for me, please?
Well ya know, wasn't gonna say it <voice rising>, wasn't gonna say it <vocce crescendo, pounds desk with fist>, but even this here Line-eh (big fella, did I get the name right?) you know, isn't as tough or durable as yer sundry saskatchewan kid, he did ok in that year before he smashed up his collarbone. Oh now yer lookin at me: would I put em in at Center - hell no, HELL NO, I wouldn't do that! Kids a natural winger, he's gotta shot too, thats what, off the charts with that, but his BIGGEST PROBLEM is ADDATUDE..If he gets that figgered out then look out oh boy. Maybe our Sault St Marie boy there, uh, Paul, wasn't the right guy to get that done, but oh boy 44 goals in THIS LEAGUE is nothing like ta sneeze at.

Last edited:

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Will take much more than that. unless you are suggesting Laine has negative value?

His value certainly isn't high. Big contract, player assistance program and wanting out of another team. I'm sure plenty of other teams would take him at a reduced cost. He comes with a lot of baggage.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
murat on wst was talking about how everyone thought scheifele/helle were gone and then they signed but then said this is not that situation with mcgroarty and he will be traded and thought he would have been traded already
Sounds like he has inside info but if McGroarty is not trade all these so call reporters will lose a lot of credibility. That’s why I’m waiting for another 4 hours.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
weibe on wst said mcintyre sent him a cryptic tweet about ehlers and iaffalo being of interest to the sabres

most likely bullshit

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
weibe on wst said mcintyre sent him a cryptic tweet about ehlers and iaffalo being of interest to the sabres

most likely bullshit
🙏

most likely bullshit
Iafallo is from the Buffalo area. I seem to recall them having interest in him as a matured player.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

most likely bullshit

I guess it depends on how serious Buffalo is on actually doing something this year. Veteran forwards to help are something they need. But they need a goalie much more then either.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I guess it depends on how serious Buffalo is on actually doing something this year. Veteran forwards to help are something they need. But they need a goalie much more then either.

It sounded like the ask for Ehlers was a young roster player and a 1st. But if something more substantial is coming back then I could see Iafallo being added to balance cap.

Benson makes some sense as does Savoie. 10th overall and potentially a younger dman.

I think Devon Levi is primed to make the jump soon. He's killed it at every single level up to now so it seems likely that he will figure it out at the NHL level. They probably roll with UPL and Levi and see what they have there before making any major decisions in net.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
It sounded like the ask for Ehlers was a young roster player and a 1st. But if something more substantial is coming back then I could see Iafallo being added to balance cap.

Benson makes some sense as does Savoie. 10th overall and potentially a younger dman.

I think Devon Levi is primed to make the jump soon. He's killed it at every single level up to now so it seems likely that he will figure it out at the NHL level. They probably roll with UPL and Levi and see what they have there before making any major decisions in net.

I doubt Benson is in play but could see Savoie who is a bit blocked by their depth at center and RW. Would love Savoie and a first.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
If Chevy can turn Ehlers, Iafallo and McG into 2 1sts and a good young roster player...

Then replace Ehlers with Laine (with retention) for a song

Reactions: roccerfeller

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
I'm not getting my hopes up just yet. Still a few more hours to go and Chevy is nothing if not diligent. Likes to make a splash too.
Not sure about the interest in Ehlers, but with multiple teams apparently interested in McG, he'll grind them all down to little nubs to extract every last ounce of value

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $50.00