Rumor: All Purpose Trade Proposals, Speculation and Rumours - 2023/24

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Tasteless Beaver

Here for the hot takes
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
Someone did raise a good point though - can a player in the substance abuse program actually be traded? Does anyone here know?
“Substance abuse program” is a misnomer. It’s player assistance for a mental health issue, and we have no indication of substance use. That said, the teams can’t talk to him, but they can talk to his agent. If Laine wants it to happen, it can happen quickly.

larmex99

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2013
Someone did raise a good point though - can a player in the substance abuse program actually be traded? Does anyone here know?
Apparently it is possible but teams can’t talk to the player directly but can discuss matters with their agent. Got that from the CBJ forum.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Laine actually has some super good analytics with Columbus before he got the injury bug. I think he'd add at least 35 goals to the 2nd line - I'd way rather have him there than Iafallo

One of the CBJ reporters said they can, Chevy just can't talk to Laine directly
Screenshot_20240627-172708_X.jpg

You're not lying.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Mcgroaty for Jiricek + Laine $2.5 per retained. Ehlers re signs. Always said Laine liked it here.

That one trick pony was on pace for almost a point per game two years ago. Would have been top 3 on our team.
Are you serious?

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
“Substance abuse program” is a misnomer. It’s player assistance for a mental health issue, and we have no indication of substance use. That said, the teams can’t talk to him, but they can talk to his agent. If Laine wants it to happen, it can happen quickly.
My mistake - I knew I had the terminology wrong

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Habs with that trade could be making a move towards Rutger.

21st & Barron/Struble for Rutger+

Fun to watch the Rutger thing work out and see what he returns

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Pretty sure Kadri's NMC gets in the way there.

That said, it would be a good fit for both teams in terms of immediate roster needs - but trading McG for five more years of a 34-year-old 2C?

I think it would require a little more retention and a decent add. Otherwise we are paying too much to get them to take Schmidt.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
murat on wst was talking about how everyone thought scheifele/helle were gone and then they signed but then said this is not that situation with mcgroarty and he will be traded and thought he would have been traded already

Last edited:
Reactions: Buffdog and kylbaz

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
murat on wst was talking about how everyone thought scheifele/helle were gone and then they signed but then said this is not that situation and he will be traded and thought he would have been traded already
Welp. Trade will happen today. Jets schedule next week. Convenient for circling the game on the calendar and getting practicing your boos.

Reactions: roccerfeller

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Wagers: 2