Prospect Info: All-Purpose Prospect Thread v15.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

dj Mahoney

Apr 11, 2021
Just curious why Isaak Phillips wasn't considered for team Canada in World Jr U20's ? I'm not an expert but he does everything as good or better than Donovan Sebrango ,he's bigger skates better and has performed better in about the same amount of AHL games. Maybe Yzerman complained the way he did to change the draft rules ,Thanks again Stevie Whine !!!

Last edited:

newmanager

Feb 5, 2010
Just curious why Isaak Phillips wasn't considered for team Canada in World Jr U20's ? I'm not an expert but he does everything as good or better than Donovan Sebrango ,he's bigger skates better and has performed better in about the same amount of AHL games. Maybe Yzerman complained the way he did to change the draft rules ,Thanks again Stevie Whine !!!

Isaac Philips was born in 2001. The 2022 WJC was for players born 2002 and later.

Reactions: Giovi and d rake

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
of all the picks the one that jumped out at me was the trade for the 23 year old draftee? if you followed Davidson. he wanted compete and speed and most of the players have that when you factor size. he also mentioned that in prospects he looks at potnetial and in pros he looks at performance. I think this is a slight flip from bowman. lets take Nolan allen vs Sam Rinzel as a comp Rinzel has some top pairing qualities were as Allen tops out at 4-6 IMO. Im not saying one will be a better pro then the other but Rinzel clearly has the higher ceiling, bigger, faster and better hands.

I think Davidson eliminated 1/2 the draft picks anybody he deemed AVG or below AVG skater he eliminated.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
Arvid is awesome. I haven't seen nearly enough of Drew to compare the two. But I'm excited to watch Söderblom in Rockford this year to see how his game jumps after his first NA pro season

I think it's a lot closer than many here seem to believe at the very least.

The Hawks throwing Söderblom into the shit fire last year didn't help Hawks fans' perceptions of him. He was the absolute man in RFD though.

Reactions: Clownish

newmanager

Feb 5, 2010
Hawks top10 per The Hockey News.

20220910_210025.jpg

Reactions: clydesdale line

Clownish

Jan 1, 2014
For Korchinski, what qualifies as aggression is his own zone? Attacking the puck and getting it out of dangerous areas? I'd rather see a younger player not put himself out of position by guessing on plays and getting desperate to do something that causes a scramble drill.

plasmonresonance

Jul 28, 2015
About the only thing these top prospect lists agree on is the top 3. The remainder of the prospects are all over the place in the rankings.

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
I myself really really like the look of our future defencemen

#1 defencemen without question is Seth Jones, regardless of what people think money wise he’s a legit #1

Connor Murphy and Jake McCabe are both signed to numerous years, they were part of what I believe was Bowmans’ hope for a US defence, remember he was USA GM before the fall, they both are reliable dmen, tradeable contracts, I see them being moved just because of the glut of prospects on the backend

Caleb Jones and Riley Stillman are very very similar in experience, age and worth...defencemen take longer and both have a chance at being the inbetweeners til prospects arrive

Jack Johnson, I now believe was signed because of the known injury to McCabe, he’s a known player, again tradeable at the deadline like our other forward UFAs signings this summer, he will provide leadership for our youngsters this season

Now onto the prospects...what a list!

Ian Mitchell

Alex Vlasic
Alec Regula
Nicolas Beaudin
Jakub Galvas
Isaak Phillips

Are just six of our prospects, returning prospects, wow! They’ll be competing for two spots I believe with...

Filip Roos who I think a lot of people have forgot about, will Roos surprise and follow in the foot steps of Kempny, Rutta and Forsling? We’ll see

Kevin Korchinski
Ethan Del Mastro
Nolan Allan
Louis Crevier

These defencemen are of a legitimate type for making the team in another year, one of which could see NHL games before being sent back to junior(Korchinski or Allan)...again wow!

Kaiser
Rinzel
Harding
Krutil
Kelley

Can’t be rushed, no spots for them at the moment, but holy do we have some potential here as well wow!

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
So according to the WHL stats page for Connor Bedard they show in 2 pre-season games to date 3g 0a for him and +2...But checking tge game summaries they show he scored 2 goals in each of thex2games he played in...so not sure what to makevif the discrepancy.

Actually getting more excited by great ore-season start of 15 yr old LW Bill Zonnon (already 6'1 179lbs) playing for Rouyn-Noranda of tge QMJHL...he has 4g and 3a in 5 preseason games playedand only turns in16 in October...this means he is draft eligle in the 2025 draft.
Maybe the next Black hockey star I tge NHL when he getsctgere...Obviouslycwill hsvectgecsize...scoutibgvrepirts also say already he is defensively excellent and has tge tools to be a top playmaker.. but if he can also score goals like this too you may get a buddibg ng superstar with all the tools size and smarts in place.

Anyway the kid off to a very impressive debut(albeit only pre-season).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad