Prospect Info: All-Purpose Prospect Thread v15.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
I really liked the Greene pick after reading up on him and watching some highlights. Think he was a much better pick in his spot than Ludwinski.

Larmer83

I'm taking the high road moving forward.
May 13, 2018
Lakewood, CO
Observations from BU vs Bentley University game on Saturday:

It was against Bentley which is a low tier Division I school. Take production with a grain of salt.

Commesso was fine. Two goals against, one was a screen shot from the point with the other a quality look from 15 feet out. Rebound control was good(Usual for Commesso) and he handles the puck well.

Greene did not hesitant to shoot the puck when warranted. On his PP goal, he changed the angle slightly to get the puck on net. Prior to that goal he had a couple of shots that did not get to the net. Smart move. Nice backhand goal but his best play did not hit the score sheet, it was a touch pass to send a teammate on a break away.

I'm guessing Greene was 50/50 on draws. No PK time but that should come eventually. He did get PP, EV, and 4x4 time.

Greene seems to be positionally sound and on the correct side of the puck defensively. The defensive play that stayed with me was when a Bentley RW was entering the zone and Green took the correct line to the winger, rubbed him off the puck, and possession went to the Boston U dman.

It's one game against a weak opponent, but both Hawks prospects fared well in an 8-2 win.

Edit: BU plays Waterloo(Sam Rinzel's team) in an exhibition game on 10/8(Saturday). The game is on ESPN+
BU then travels to play Michigan on 10/14 and 10/16(Per EP) to play Frank Nazar and Fantilli.

Last edited:

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
So Macklin Celebrini did get injured part way wsy through the 2nd game of the season which is why he was not on tge lineup their next 2 games...

He is cobsidered a front-runner to go #1ocerall in 2024 ...itcwoukd be a shame if the injury is long-term and if Steel fans will haveto wait to see him in action...But so far I have found no update news on the severity of the injury or expected time of return...all they said from the article I found was that it was an upper body injury and tgat itcwas not known if the Steel were keeping him out justcas a pre-caution or if itcwas more serious.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
Observations from BU vs Bentley University game on Saturday:

It was against Bentley which is a low tier Division I school. Take production with a grain of salt.

Commesso was fine. Two goals against, one was a screen shot from the point with the other a quality look from 15 feet out. Rebound control was good(Usual for Commesso) and he handles the puck well.

Greene did not hesitant to shoot the puck when warranted. On his PP goal, he changed the angle slightly to get the puck on net. Prior to that goal he had a couple of shots that did not get to the net. Smart move. Nice backhand goal but his best play did not hit the score sheet, it was a touch pass to send a teammate on a break away.

I'm guessing Greene was 50/50 on draws. No PK time but that should come eventually. He did get PP, EV, and 4x4 time.

Greene seems to be positionally sound and on the correct side of the puck defensively. The defensive play that stayed with me was when a Bentley RW was entering the zone and Green took the correct line to the winger, rubbed him off the puck, and possession went to the Boston U dman.

It's one game against a weak opponent, but both Hawks prospects fared well in an 8-2 win.

Edit: BU plays Waterloo(Sam Rinzel's team) in an exhibition game on 10/8(Saturday). The game is on ESPN+
BU then travels to play Michigan on 10/14 and 10/16(Per EP) to play Frank Nazar and Fantilli.
Thank you! Love to hear about them

Reactions: Larmer83

newmanager

Feb 5, 2010
Nolan Allan, as anticipated, has been named captain of the WHL Prince Albert Raiders.

‘It’s an honour’: Allan reacts to selection as Raiders captain

Oct 5, 2022 | 8:35 AM
When Nolan Allan first came into the WHL, he was an AP on what was soon to be a championship team that featured Brayden Pachal, Zack Hayes, and Kaiden Guhle, all of whom either were or would become captains. Now, Allan joins their ranks.

The Prince Albert Raiders announced their leadership group today, and Allan will be the 46th captain in franchise history. Evan Herman, Landon Kosior, and Carson Latimer are his alternates.

“It’s an honour to be able to lead this group that we have here,” Allan said. “This organization, all the leaders that have come before me, it’s truly an honour.”

Last season, Allan was named the team’s MVP after posting 41 points in 65 games from the back end. His play on the other side of the puck, blocking shots and throwing heavy hits, also played into his value to the team. “He’s a solid defending defenseman, he’s got some offense as well, he’s got a great presence in the room,” said head coach Jeff Truitt. “I know he’s got the respect in there, and the cherry on top is being a first-round draft pick. He’s seen what other dressing rooms do at a higher level and can bring that here.”

In Allan’s rookie season, the Raiders were captained by Hayes, followed by Guhle and later Reece Vitelli. Allan has had plenty of leaders to learn from in his time with the Raiders.

“All of those guys led in different ways,” said Allan. “Some were louder than others and they had their different ways of leading. I think taking things from each guy and trying to implement that into my style is the best way to do it.”

Truitt pointed out that Allan, Latimer, and Kosior have all recently returned from NHL camps, so he expects them to pass on some of what they were learning at higher levels of hockey. Allan agreed he’d be bringing back some special advice for the young players. “The pace of play, the pro mentality, how they come to the rink every day prepared to do their jobs and play their roles,” Allan said. “I think that’s the biggest part and that’s what I’m going to help bring.”

During Allan’s absence while he was at camp with the Blackhawks, the Raiders had several other players involved in a leadership rotation, including forward Sloan Stanick and defenseman Eric Johnston. It meant the coaching staff had plenty of names to choose from for their official group of leaders.

“As part of our leadership group, we’ve got eight guys who come in and talk about things,” said Truitt. “Those guys understand that they have a voice because they are part of a bigger leadership group than the four guys named as captains. Those guys are important as well.”

The next action for the Raiders comes on Wednesday, Oct. 5 when they host the Lethbridge Hurricanes. Puck drop is 7:00 p.m.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Savoie went a -2, 4 PIM, 1 SOG in a 2-5 loss to the Foreurs yesterday.

Nolan Allen had 1 assist, +2 in a 3-0 win against Lethbridge.

Korchinski and the Thunderbirds play tonight.

Last edited:
Reactions: CourtneyDagger50

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
THN top 100 NCAA to be excited about

Hawks are well represented!

10.Frank Nazar(of course)
28.Ryan Greene
30.Wyatt Kaiser
35.Drew Commesso
45.Dominic Basse
61.Ryder Rolston
81.Connor Kelley

No Landon Slaggert?

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
I do notvyhink Tohila is on theirvtop line either...So 7 g in12GP (+3a is very good improvement for hom this season over last...Hopefully he gets better as he matures into his large body and gets more featured rolesvin the next few years to fully realize his potential.

FourQuarters

Mar 31, 2022
Good to see under the assumption he has real leadership qualities (and not just because he is their best player, which happens at times).
The fact that he is a top scorer is certainly a plus for the captain naming. Regan's presumed candidates were him and Cristall, but Cristall is only 17 yo.
Rockets' GM said if Novak come back, he will be captain
After fans learned Novak wouldn't be back, we all believe Colton is a great choice. But he has a lot to prove, his pointless playoffs still is talked about.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
So after missing a few games with a slight injury,Chicago Steel 2024 draft eligible and likely #1overall pick Nacklin Celebrini is now 3g 3a +3 in 4GP..

You local Chicago fans should go to sone Steel games to watch this kid.

Maybe better forctge Hawks not to get Bedard...take Fantilli with 2nd pick overall and then Tank again in 2024 for Celebrini!

Then down the middle you could have Reichel Fantilli,Celebrini and Nazar (unless Nazar shiftscto wibg) ...that would be awesome if we could bring that about.
Bedard is a great show but he is not a great defender...maybe he just has to work on that aspect of his game ..but Fantilli and Celebrini seem to be better 2 way centers..

Plus is seems to me Hawks might be too small with both Bedard and Nazar in the top six..

Reactions: Panzerspitze
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad