Prospect Info: All-Purpose Prospect Thread v15.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Final score 3-1 for Red u-20 over U-18s...Fantilli finally scores...into empty net as U-18s had pulled their goalie..

Starvofvthe Game had to be u-18 goalie Ratcliff who made I believe 40 saves and only gave up 2 goals...many of his saves were point blank on grade A Red u-20 scoring chances...

Kudos though to the losing u-18 kids who were pkaying z back to back whike thecolder Redu-20s did not play yesterday.....so u-18s must have been tired ..still they played hard and kept it close with the help of their goalie who shoukd be the starter in net for Canada at the Hlinka Gretzky Cup games next week...

Of all the Hawks prospects playing for the 2 u-20 squads for Canada at this summer camp showcase,I think only Del Mastro played well enough to be considered for a sure thing to get invited to tge Final selection group for the Winter World Jr u-20 Tournament starting Bixing Day (Dec. 26,2022)..
Several of the current Workd u-20 Jrs who will be playing the WJHC which got canceled last December after justcm 2 games pkayedcduecto Covid problems will be playing again for Canada iwhen rhat WJHC starts again in the 2ndweek of August justxafterctge Hlinka Gretzky u-18 tournament finishes...on that Canada u-20 team you have Connor Bedard leading that team and there are others on it who still will have eligibility forctge next WJHC in late December thiiscyear.

So tgat final Canada u-20 team for tgat winter tournament will include more players than just those who were here in thiscSummer Showcase from the Red and the White U-29 squads.

So it could be tough for Korchinski,Allan Dach Greene and Ludwinski to even be invited to that Final Selection camp......
Del Mastro wss our best performer in theis summer Showcase set of games and also his versatility playing both KD in ES and RD on the pk shoukdvgetvhom invitedcto that Finak selection pre-WJHC camp abd if he Performa well again maybe get one of the roster spots on that final team after cuts made in that December camp.

Depends on how many others from the U-20 team pkayingcat tgexWJHC this August are actually still eligible for the December-Jan WJHC team.
I will have to check the birth dates to confirm how many will still be eligible...Bedard of course will be eligible...Somecwho got permission to play the delayed tournament this August will
be over the age limit to play -20 at the Winter WJHC...

Butvhowcthisxalk breaks down between forwardszand dmen,I am not sure.

So notcsurectgectotak open spots remaining of which this summer showcase forcthex2 u-29 squads shoukd lead to sine of tgevojayers who pjayed for red u29 and Whitexu-20 will get invites to tge December final roster tryout camp...

Of course it also depends on who plays well in their Junior or College seasonscoriorcto tgat December camp before fibal cuts made.. Thisezwith outstanding seasovscto date will get priority consideration for nami
Ing to tgat camp...and injuries will open a few spots too.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
O checked age eligibility forcthe Workd u-20 Junior Hockey Championship this winter which begonsvonBoxong Day (Dec.26tu) as us mormal for the seasonal tomevofvtgat Championship...

So lokonhat Cabada's D-corps frpm the team named to the tournament last year which got postponed after 2 games to be pkayed this August after the Hlinka Gretzky Cup u18 tournament,I I found only 3 agexekigle Dmen can return...but CarsonLambos played 51 games for Winnipeg last sesson.. so doubtful they release him if he is on their NHL lineup ....

If Owen Zellweger makes the Sansone nhl lineup this season they may not release him in late December eitger.
So that leaves maybe 1 dman to recall to the team for the WJHC orv2 maybe...

And that means there should be 7 or maybe 6 new dmen for Team Canada u-20 on this winter tournament ...

ASi said Ethan Del Mastro impressed at the summer camp playing on team Red u-20 ..AND SO I think he will have a spot on that teM...As for Nolan Alkan and Kevin Korchinski, maybexAllkan
if theycwantcanotger defense first type...Jirchinski I do not think made enough difference offensively in his camo and games to overcome sonevof his still raw defensive pkay ...

But ....tgerevisxtimectovshow improvements in the October +November and 1stxweek of December tome period to earn another look at the December pre'/tournament cam before final rosters announced.

It could aklso be that one of the u-18 kids on D has a string start to his season and gets invited to the -20 December pre-tournament camp before final roster made....orvitvcoukd bectfatcsone age eligible prospectscpkaying ncaa hockey have a good start and impress enough also to get an an invite to that December pre-final roster camp ....

So I wiukdxsayxalmostxa kick Del Mastro is part of that final roster but Jorchinski and Allan are not as certain to makectgatvfinak roster.A litcdeoends howxwll they play in the WHL cin thexearlycsesdin till the December invite time and then how well they play then at the December camp.

Otherv deciding things could be Rd vsLD depth and needs ,or whether they want defense first or more offensive potential on the blueline to fill certain roles.

So we shall see.

But off what I saw fron the games I watched at the Summer rShowcasef rom the Red u-20;and the White u-20, squads,it seems pretty clear to me that Del Mastro was the most impressive of these 3 dmen .abd one of the best of all the dmen there....

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
A4B18E9E-B8FE-4CCB-B567-657496341E6C.jpeg
D35D69ED-5B0C-4757-86A9-0D1A6D071498.jpeg

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
Obviously this tournament is watered down but it would have been awesome to see 6 Hawks represent the US in Kaiser, James, Nazar, Slagger, Thompson and Commesso.

Reactions: CourtneyDagger50

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
What a dumb move by Team U S.A. coach at the Hlinka Gretzky Cup u-18 tournament....Czechs leading U S A. 2-1 with a bitvoverv5 minutes remaining in game ...U.S A has 43 econds of of a 4 on 3 PP then another monute andc46vsecondsvof 5x4 if tgey do notcscorevon 4x3...but U.S.A. pulls goalie on the 43 second 4x3....to try for 43 seconds ofv5×3...but naturally Czechs gets co trol of puck and shoots it into open net ...Czechia leads 3-1 ...U S A.had to win in regulation to advance to semi-fibal but now game over and they lose 3-1...this has to be worst decision by any coach in any sport all time!

U.S A. Out of medal cancelation the tournament..

U.S A scores alk of 2 goals in last 2 games played...

Of course U.S A did not send their USNTDP u-18 team to this tournament but only u-18s who pkayvinbUSHL or High School or in the 3 CHL leagues ...Anyway the dumbestvofcalbdecisions byvaby coach of any sport.. Chances are they might have scored on 4x3 then still had a long PPp at 5x4 THEN still woukdvhavevhad overc2xandcavhakf minutes to get another goal if needed...Youbonlybpull the goalie then if you need a goalbto win the game..

Thisccoach gave his team no chance.

Dumb decision.

Hecshpukd never coachvany U.S.A. team again.

Wow!

You can argue this team could not score goals.. butcstill ...youvdo not pull the rug from under them with consecutive man advantages with over 5vmonutesxremaining..You do not dobthis ...he did. And they fail to make the seni-finals.

And you thought TLR was a disaster with crazy decisions!

Thisxtakesctge cake.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
A headline article from The Bleacher Report informed Blackhawks fans that none of the 6 Blackhawks prospects trying out at the summer evaluation u-20 camp made the final roster for Canada at the upcoming World Junior Hockey Championship tournament which begins next week....

Of course knowledgeable hockey fans know that NONE of the u-20 orospects from ALL NHL teams who were invited toCBada's summer u-20 evaluation camp made the team that will compete at the postponed (due to Covid issues/iinterrrupted) from last Decenber/January WJHC that begins again next week with special exemptions for over 20 year olds who at this time ordinarily would be too old for the tournament ..

So alk tgevinvitees to Canada's u-20 SunnerxEvaluation camp were NEVER trying out for the roster forcthe postponed and now start again WJHC tournament from last Decenver/Jan that playsvout again starting next week

This tgerexwas Never any failure by the 6 Blackhawks prospects at this tsumner camp foru-20 evaluation since THEY and all other prospects tgerexwere trying to impress to getcan invite to the December 2022 pre-WJHC selection camp a few weeks before that WJHC for Dec.2022/January 2023 begins at tgat time ....months away from now..
The article did pointboutvtgat undrafted prospects Connor Bedardx and Adam Fantilli were on the Canada team playing in next week's WJHC....but they failed to point out that every other player on this tean was eitger a returnee from the squad who hadvitscWJHC postponed last December after playing 2 games before it got cancelled) or were older 20 year old prospects added when someone the players from the canceled tournament chose not to attend...therre is a special exemption for players who wereagecekigible for tge WJHC that got canceled but starts again next week (some woukd now be over ttgecage limit to pliay in a WJHC that begins in 2022 ...but duecto tge cancelation ofvthevpriirvWJHV tgey still arexalkoedctonpkay now in this start up of the postponed tournament..

So bottom liine there was NO failure by the6 Hawks prosoects to make Canada u-20 final roster ...they never were supposed to try out for the resumed WJHC that starts next week...their emphasis is to get invted for the Final selection campfor Canada u-20 this December prior to the next WJHC which begins on December 26th 2022.

This headlibexabdxarticke by Bleacher Report gives a misleading assessment of thec6 Hawkswho were at thesimnercevaluation Camp for CNadacu-20...

Tgey make itcapiearctobtgevcasualbfan readibgvthiscwho does not know tge distinctions involved,tgat ourvorosoectsxalk failed to make "the team"...
The distinction is that there are 2 DIFFERENT tournamebtvteams from DIIFERENT W JHC years involved.

Will all 6 prosoectsvofvtge Hawjs at tgecsumner u-20 evaluation camp makectge Fibal roster forctge WJHC tgat begins Decemberc26th 2022?

Probably not..but someone them will...depends on on how they play this seadon upto announcement in December 2922 of who gets invited to Final selection camp a few weeks prior to that WJHC,then howctgeybpkaycat that camp before fibal cuts announced from it.

Anyway shame on tge Bleacher Repirt for such a misleading article

Reactions: tioelcomoto

newmanager

Feb 5, 2010
Ethan Del Mastro has been added to 2022 WJC team. Not a lot of tickets sold for this event which gets underway here in Edmonton on Tuesday. The Hlinka-Gretzky tourney didn't have the greatest attendance either. Summer tourney's don't draw a lot of fans.
Speaking of Hlinka-Gretzky, Canada was dominant. Lots of real good forwards are going to be available through the first 2 rounds of the 2023 Entry Draft. Weather was not the greatest. It was either too hot or too cold except for yesterday when the weather was perfect. Heavy traffic heading back to Edmonton last night. Yager looks great. He could go 2nd overall if he continues to progress at this rate. Some people on here talking about Ritchie being lucky and that's it. Maybe on TV he wasn't impressive but when you sit in the arena and watch he looks awesome. A couple levels better than the highly regarded Halttunen and Stenberg if you ask me. Top notch hockey sense in that kid, always goes to the right places. Canadians Barlow and Rehkoff also stood out to me. Barlow would be our top forward prospect right now if we owned his rights, the kid can absolutely fly and plays the game the right way. Benson, Barkey, Cristall and Howe sure played feisty, winning their puck battles against much bigger opponents. On the Czechia team, Sale looked good, but I liked Stancl better, I think he may have quite a bit more development left than Sale does. The Americans didn't look all that great. Whitelaw, Terrance and Musty looked like they were the best of a weak bunch.
Between games we went to the Canada Games Center where some of the top 14, 15 and 16 year olds were having a camp. After watching these kids I'm of the opinion that the WHL is going to be strong for the next few years. Lots of fast kids with good size and hockey sense. What really stood out was how hard they can shoot. A lot of them must have spent the covid shut-down shooting in the driveway.

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
Luypen has already signed his NHL contract and is eligible to turn Pro this season. I don't see a reason for him to go back to the WHL for his OA year at this point.

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
Crevier overage season

I know he went back but he's a bit more unique I think. Luypen isn't a project like Crevier, he's just low ceiling. Plus, Crevier's would-be final QMJHL season was cut short whereas Luypen just played out 80ish games (including playoffs and Mem Cup) with Edmonton to cap off his WHL years. I don't think he benefits at this point from going back for another season.

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
I know he went back but he's a bit more unique I think. Luypen isn't a project like Crevier, he's just low ceiling. Plus, Crevier's would-be final QMJHL season was cut short whereas Luypen just played out 80ish games (including playoffs and Mem Cup) with Edmonton to cap off his WHL years. I don't think he benefits at this point from going back for another season.
Gotta think the Hawks want him to move on to the AHL. There's little to gain for him playing another year in the Dub.

MileHighHawksFan

When the going gets tough, Hawks fly together!
Jan 16, 2012
Denver, CO
I didnt see anything on a quick google search. Any of you twitter scumbags got any updates on my boy Aidan Thompson? Excited to see him at DU this year, hoping that knee 2 knee isnt going to effect his season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad