Prospect Info: All-Purpose Prospect Thread v15.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

WarLax

Apr 17, 2016
Stole this from reddit, but for U21 forwards Reichel's looking great!

RDT_20220822_1907215879494108948101700.png

WarLax

Apr 17, 2016
Borrowed this one from reddit too, the individual explains their rationale in the comments (uses u22, instead of u21, due to later development curve) but whats up Alec Regula!

Edit: For some reason I can't post the picture, so here is the link:

Reactions: Muffinalt

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
Borrowed this one from reddit too, the individual explains their rationale in the comments (uses u22, instead of u21, due to later development curve) but whats up Alec Regula!

Edit: For some reason I can't post the picture, so here is the link:

Nice!

I like Regula a lot actually. When he was up he showed very good IQ and positioning.

In Rockford there were a few highlights of him dekeing and showing quite a bit of offense. If he can replicate that at the NHL level, then we have a two way top 4 on our hands.

But, it often happens that AHL offense doesn't translate at the higher level unfortunately. And his skating is another thing he needs to keep working on.

I'm rooting for him! I really like his style.

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
Our prospect pool was ranked 13th by Pronman in his organizational U23 rankings.

His top-10 for our organization are:

1. Lukas Reichel
2. Frank Nazar
3. Kevin Korchinski
4 Philipp Kurashev
5. Alex Vlasic
6. Ryan Greene
7. Colton Dach
8. Wyatt Kaiser
9. Sam Rinzel
10. Alec Regula
----
11. Ethan Del Mastro
12. Nolan Allan
13. Ilya Safonov
14. Drew Commesso
15. Landon Slaggert

He rated the skating of both Del Mastro and Safonov as "poor". Pronman has never been a goalie guy but fwiw he doesn't have a very high opinion of Commesso. Thinks he'll be a backup or at best a fringe starter. He also doesn't see high enough talent level in Ludwinski and has him listed as an HM "with a chance to play", along with James, Beaudin, Kelley, Hayes, Phillips, Stjernborg, Teply and Thompson. He admits he might be a bit too low on Phillips, who he says has "scored a lot more as a pro than I thought he would".

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
So Pronman has never heard of Ian Mitchell?

Why does he even bother writing this stuff?

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Our prospect pool was ranked 13th by Pronman in his organizational U23 rankings.

His top-10 for our organization are:

1. Lukas Reichel
2. Frank Nazar
3. Kevin Korchinski
4 Philipp Kurashev
5. Alex Vlasic
6. Ryan Greene
7. Colton Dach
8. Wyatt Kaiser
9. Sam Rinzel
10. Alec Regula
----
11. Ethan Del Mastro
12. Nolan Allan
13. Ilya Safonov
14. Drew Commesso
15. Landon Slaggert

He rated the skating of both Del Mastro and Safonov as "poor". Pronman has never been a goalie guy but fwiw he doesn't have a very high opinion of Commesso. Thinks he'll be a backup or at best a fringe starter. He also doesn't see high enough talent level in Ludwinski and has him listed as an HM "with a chance to play", along with James, Beaudin, Kelley, Hayes, Phillips, Stjernborg, Teply and Thompson. He admits he might be a bit too low on Phillips, who he says has "scored a lot more as a pro than I thought he would".

What does he say about Greene? Seems like a high placement for a late 2nd rounder from a month ago.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Wow he is very high on Ryan Greene. Interesting. Ludwinski is my guy so that's a bummer. Hope the kid proves him wrong. I like his upside personally.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
What's interesting to me about Pronman's list is how many Hawks prospects he sees making it (even in a limited role on the 3rd pair/bottom six). Hawks have 15 guys he thinks makes the NHL. A team like Seattle (2 spots lower on his list) meanwhile has only 7 guys he thinks makes the NHL (albeit their top 2 is really solid with Beniers and Wright). The two teams ahead of the Hawks in his list are the Jackets and Yotes, both of which have only 13 guys he thinks can make it in the NHL.

So Pronman really likes our depth, but his views on our top kids are what's keeping us down at 13th. Bedard should help with that for next year.

MileHighHawksFan

When the going gets tough, Hawks fly together!
Jan 16, 2012
Denver, CO
Pronmans an entertaining read, but I don’t put too much stock in his assessments. Didn’t Reichel play mostly C in the rock? First thing he says is he was a ppg winger in the ahl..

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
It’s not a “hate Pronman” comment by me, more just kinda what DHF was saying where he’s entitled to write his opinion but it’s very easy to see where his opinion may be lacking context

Reactions: Naster Okan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad