Prospect Info: All-Purpose Prospect Thread v15.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
Korchinski doesn’t shoot!

As he scores a goal to tie the game. His shot doesn’t even look bad. Might just be a mentality thing, but not something I’m worried about.

I didn't say he doesn't shoot - I said he doesn't shoot enough and his shot isn't hard enough to blast in it from the blue line. He defers too much. I few minutes before he scored he passed up a good scoring opportunity by passing it to a winger with a worse shooting angle - I've seen him do that a ton this season.

Reactions: Muffinalt

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
He defers too much. I few minutes before he scored he passed up a good scoring opportunity by passing it to a winger with a worse shooting angle - I've seen him do that a ton this season.
That's all he ever did in his draft year too.

I think that's just the player he is, and I don't think that will change. If it doesn't happen next year, it won't happen when the difficulty ramps up at the next level.

belfour30

Connor Bedard Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
Korch is definitely a hoser eh? :)
1684417493140.png

Take off, eh!

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Stayed up to watch the game last night as itcwss shown by TSN in Canada...So Seattle takesxa 3-1series lead with this victory...Korchinskibscores again but yes he us not assertive enough...defers a lot ..And his shotvis not that goid but squeaks tgrough when Seattle puts traffic screens at the crease...Yes..agree ...he needscti develop his shot a lot more and he needsto be "the guy" more...

Colton Dach looked slow to me...Did not think he had acgiid game....did hit a shot late...

Thought Nolan Allan had a sub-par game...made some sloppy passes ...lacked intensity...some defensive lapses and took bad penalty...Nothing A game in shoving guys out ofvtge crease area..Not his usual solid defending..

Reactions: superdeluxe

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
Stayed up to watch the game last night as itcwss shown by TSN in Canada...So Seattle takesxa 3-1series lead with this victory...Korchinskibscores again but yes he us not assertive enough...defers a lot ..And his shotvis not that goid but squeaks tgrough when Seattle puts traffic screens at the crease...Yes..agree ...he needscti develop his shot a lot more and he needsto be "the guy" more...

Colton Dach looked slow to me...Did not think he had acgiid game....did hit a shot late...

Thought Nolan Allan had a sub-par game...made some sloppy passes ...lacked intensity...some defensive lapses and took bad penalty...Nothing A game in shoving guys out ofvtge crease area..Not his usual solid defending..

I agree with your assessments of our guys in the game last night. This was a back to back game which I wonder if that affected Dach being a bigger guy who may not have the stamina level the smaller guys would have. It will be interesting to see him play Friday after a day in between games.

All in all I thought Winnipeg had the advantage in energy for large parts of the game but Milic evened out the scales enough for them to eventually win the game.

With all the picks the Hawks have I hope they use one of them on Sawchyn - really like his upside potential.

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
Nice to see their up 3-1…I thought they looked like they were coming on string in the third period of game one…

Feb 7, 2012
Seattle

That is how Dach looked when he has played, Big Body, really like his work along the boards and always seem to be around the puck. I like him getting into other players head and being an agitator. He likes to throw big hits as well.

Korch DOES defer ALOT. Just might be his mentality, When Mat Barzal was here, he also deffered alot. I do love Korch's offensive ability and his ability to really stretch out the ice.

Allan has had kind of a off couple of games, he along with Prokop h ave been our lock down defenders this post season. I think Prokop has outplayed Allan, but both have been pretty good.

I agree with your assessments of our guys in the game last night. This was a back to back game which I wonder if that affected Dach being a bigger guy who may not have the stamina level the smaller guys would have. It will be interesting to see him play Friday after a day in between games.

All in all I thought Winnipeg had the advantage in energy for large parts of the game but Milic evened out the scales enough for them to eventually win the game.

With all the picks the Hawks have I hope they use one of them on Sawchyn - really like his upside potential.

I hink Dach just plays a more deliberate slowed down style, Both the Ice and birds have high flyers that love transition game. Sawchyn had a really good game last night!

Goaltender Thomas Milic might be an option to draft as well(he’s 19) along with Gracyn Sawchyn

I hope with all the extra eyes (and scouts) both Milic and Hanzel get drafted. Stevie Y was in the barn last night!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad