Prospect Info: All-Purpose Prospect Thread v15.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
Yesterday was a great day for Blackhawks fans!

Can’t wait to see game one of WHL Final on Friday

Korchinski Dach and Allan
Dylan Guenther
Brad Lambert
draft eligible Graycn Sawshyn
VS
Matt Savoie
Connor Geekie
Carson Lambos
draft eligible Zachary Benson

Plus I believe both goalies are undrafted as well

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
Yesterday was a great day for Blackhawks fans!

Can’t wait to see game one of WHL Final on Friday

Korchinski Dach and Allan
Dylan Guenther
Brad Lambert
draft eligible Graycn Sawshyn
VS
Matt Savoie
Connor Geekie
Carson Lambos
draft eligible Zachary Benson

Plus I believe both goalies are undrafted as well

Yep - 2 best teams going head to head - no Cinderella story here. Lots of star power. I'm biased but I'd give Seattle's Milic the edge in goal over Win's Hauser. Should be fun.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
But...in tge game last night to eliminate Kamloops, tgere were no points from Allan,Korchinski or Dach...we gotta get more from them than that...Dach did muster 6 shots on goal..

Reactions: superdeluxe
Feb 7, 2012
Seattle
But...in tge game last night to eliminate Kamloops, tgere were no points from Allan,Korchinski or Dach...we gotta get more from them than that...Dach did muster 6 shots on goal..

If I’m the Blackhawks, I’d ask Korch to work on improving his shot next year, great distributor of the puck, but he is just not a threat to shoot, and in certain situations, he passed up clear shooting opportunities.

As goes lambert/geunther, so does Korch (he is on their line)

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
If I’m the Blackhawks, I’d ask Korch to work on improving his shot next year, great distributor of the puck, but he is just not a threat to shoot, and in certain situations, he passed up clear shooting opportunities.

Which is the reason why I want the Hawks to send him back to juniors again next season. He definitely does defer ALOT. He would be doing the same thing in the NHL to Bedard right now (and the veterans on the team) if he's in the NHL. Most of Seattle's players will graduate to the NHL (or AHL) after this season. I want Korchinski to be "the guy" there. He needs to still work on his shot.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018

As goes lambert/geunther, so does Korch (he is on their line)
Same issue he had in his draft year.

Reactions: superdeluxe

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
Wyatt Kaiser has the chance to be a really really good player for us. Not saying he can be a Keith level player but his trajectory has been awesome the past 3 years. I think he has the most overall upside out of any dman we have maybe not named Korchinski..

I'm cautiously optimistic this is true. I didn't see him play much since his draft year other than rookie/training camp a couple times and those little snippets are never worth hanging your hat on. I caught (2) UMD over the last couple years and he didn't wow me either time - looked OK but nothing more. Then he played those 9 games for the Hawks at the end of the year and he looked so much better than I thought he would. Only 9 games - so trying to not get too excited - but damn he looked pretty good in the d-zone and the o-zone. Keeping fingers crossed,

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I'm cautiously optimistic this is true. I didn't see him play much since his draft year other than rookie/training camp a couple times and those little snippets are never worth hanging your hat on. I caught (2) UMD over the last couple years and he didn't wow me either time - looked OK but nothing more. Then he played those 9 games for the Hawks at the end of the year and he looked so much better than I thought he would. Only 9 games - so trying to not get too excited - but damn he looked pretty good in the d-zone and the o-zone. Keeping fingers crossed,
Yeah I remember watching Keith a few games at MSU thinking we drafted this guy 2nd round? And not in the good way.. Lol... Kaiser just seems to be solid in most areas, a really good soldier that has some untapped ability. Fingers crossed agreed.

Reactions: Space umpire

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Seattle nearly tied it in the end. Davidson hit the crossbar then they nearly scored through a net scramble. Ice barely survived that one. Think this is gonna be a long series but damn the Ice will be tough to beat.

Reactions: d rake and Mrfenn92

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
Seattle nearly tied it in the end. Davidson hit the crossbar then they nearly scored through a net scramble. Ice barely survived that one. Think this is gonna be a long series but damn the Ice will be tough to beat.
I was at the game…Winnipeg is pretty darn good! They normally play at the Wayne Fleming Arena on U if Manitoba campass, but since the Ice made the WHL Finals they moved it to Canada Life Centre, where the Jets and Moose play
10,000 fans instead of 1,400…makes sense
I asked some Ice season tickets holders if the ice surfaces were similar size wise or not? They said it was…so I’m sure that played into the game play a bit…
I’m sure their was a lot of scouts and Hawks brass there.
So my thoughts on the game…

I was looking forward to seeing our three TBirds, but also Dylan Guenther, Brad Lambert, Carson Lambos and Matt Savoie
Draft eligible Zach Benson was good, Gracyn Sawshyn was okay…not going see Benson in Chicago now that we got 1st overall anyways, a second could be used on Sawsyhn

The Thunderbirds showed up in the 3rd, I hate game one’s actually, they almost scored at the end of the 2nd and eventually scored 30 seconds into the 3rd, making it 3-1

Kevin Korchinski, while being lean, was pretty big, he’s an offensive defenceman that tends to pass first, he stopped the Ice awesomely on three different occasions and is a go to player…impressed me a lot, he eventually scored their second goal…TBirds pulled their goalie and scored three times(two were disallowed) it was exciting
Korchinski was legitimately pissed when they went down 3-0…they’ll be okay going forward in the series I think

Nolan Allan was what Nolan Allan is, unflashy, he’s played a lot, they finally paired him with KK at the end of the game ‘going nuclear’…he did cause two really bad giveaways tho…eck! He’s a leader in the team, I think he’ll be fine…didn’t have the greatest game tho

Colton Dach was one of the few who hit for TBirds, which was good to see, he got off a really surprisingly fat hard shift on one broken play…he played a second-third line roll behind us he Guenther-Lambert duo. I’d say he played maybe 12 minutes…not a lot, funny thing I saw…a fan behind the TBirds bench wearing a #77 Dach Hawks jersey lol

Fun game, looking forward to seeing all three in Chicago soon!

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
I was at the game…Winnipeg is pretty darn good! They normally play at the Wayne Fleming Arena on U if Manitoba campass, but since the Ice made the WHL Finals they moved it to Canada Life Centre, where the Jets and Moose play
I asked some Ice season tickets holders if the ice surfaces were similar size wise or not? They said it was…so I’m sure that played into the game play a bit…

I was looking forward to seeing our three TBirds, but also Dylan Guenther, Brad Lambert, Carson Lambos and Matt Savoie
Draft eligible Zach Benson was good, Gracyn Sawshyn was okay…not going see Benson in Chicago now that we got 1st overall anyways, a second could be used on Sawsyhn

The Thunderbirds showed up in the 3rd, I hate game one’s actually, they almost scored at the end of the 2nd and eventually scored 30 seconds into the 3rd, making it 3-1

Kevin Korchinski, while being lean, was pretty big, he’s an offensive defenceman that tends to pass first, he stopped the Ice awesomely on three different occasions and is a go to player…impressed me a lot, he eventually scored their second goal…TBirds pulled their goalie and scored three times(two were disallowed) it was exciting
Korchinski was legitimately pissed when they went down 3-0…they’ll be okay going forward in the series I think

Nolan Allan was what Nolan Allan is, unflashy, he’s played a lot, they finally paired him with KK at the end of the game ‘going nuclear’…he did cause two really bad giveaways tho…eck! He’s a leader in the team, I think he’ll be fine…didn’t have the greatest game tho

Colton Dach was one of the few who hit for TBirds, which was good to see, he got off a really surprisingly fat hard shift on one broken play…he played a second-third line roll behind us he Guenther-Lambert duo. I’d say he played maybe 12 minutes…not a lot, funny thing I saw…a fan behind the TBirds bench wearing a #77 Dach Hawks jersey lol

Thanks for the update. I wasn't able to watch the game but I checked the box score several times throughout the game. Saw 3-0, then 3-1, then 3-2 with 1 minute left - then 3-3 and I was fist pumping ... only to look back down to see CORRECTION: 3-2 Game Over. I figured it must have been a reviewed goal disallowed or something. Bummer, but hopefully they got the slow start thing out of their system.

How did KK score - was it a lucky long range shot that found it's way in or something a little more sexy?

Larmer83

I'm taking the high road moving forward.
May 13, 2018
Lakewood, CO
Thanks for the update. I wasn't able to watch the game but I checked the box score several times throughout the game. Saw 3-0, then 3-1, then 3-2 with 1 minute left - then 3-3 and I was fist pumping ... only to look back down to see CORRECTION: 3-2 Game Over. I figured it must have been a reviewed goal disallowed or something. Bummer, but hopefully they got the slow start thing out of their system.

How did KK score - was it a lucky long range shot that found it's way in or something a little more sexy?
Seattle pulled the goalie. Korchinski moved to the crease and scored. Kind of a scrambly sort of play.

Reactions: d rake

d rake

Jan 7, 2019
Winnipeg, MB

Haha that was my dad wearing the Blackhawks Dach jersey.

We're going again tonight, so hopefully Seattle is able to bring it for the full 60 minutes this time.

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
Haha that was my dad wearing the Blackhawks Dach jersey.

We're going again tonight, so hopefully Seattle is able to bring it for the full 60 minutes this time.
we won’t be…unfortunately but like I say I think Seattle was getting it together late…not a fan of game ones

Reactions: d rake

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
A tiny bit off topic, but this is the most Icehogs-ish thread, so figured I'd bring it up here.

New episode of Barry today (great show BTW) had Bill Burr namedrop the Rockford Icehogs during a scene.

So congrats Icehogs, you're HBO famous now!

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Obvious to me that Reichel must have a real injury, as he has been a mainstay on the German National team the past few years, but he is absent this year. I don't think he'd miss the World Championships if he didn't have a real injury.

Might be a blessing in disguise. Barring it being serious, gives him extra time to recover and train earlier in the offseason.

Reactions: Mrfenn92
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad