Prospect Info: All-Purpose Prospect Thread v15.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Mathew Catafordcscores 1st goal of game ...Even Strength...1-0 Team Red.

Kalen Lind of Team White criches ZacBenson into the boards..

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Colby Barlow scores for Team White on PpP from 2 feetbin frontbof crease...Nice pass by Yager...

BTW...acting head coach for Team White is Brent Seabrook.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Bedard walks around Yager shots but stopped byvR atzlaff..
That was ooh andxahhh by Bedard...exciting.

Tied 1 -1 as first period ends...Pretty even game....

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Still 1-1..each team hits Iron...Therefore goalie changes mid way through 2nd but so far neither of the 2nd goalies beaten forr goal against.

Now period 2 ends...score still 1-1 ..

Bedard has been exiting. Lots of attack generationbut no points ...

Starting goalies were good ...Ratzlaff for tean White stopped 24 of 25 shots he faced..including sone point blank abd grade A slot shot saves and he stopped Riley Heidt on Michigan attempt.

Bjarnasson for Team Red stopped 16/17 ...

Their back-ups were actuakky each beaten on shots but Team White hit post and Team Red hit cross-bar so missed goals by a fraction of a inch.

Actualky not surprised how low scoring a game it is.. The talented forwards all hyped up ...thisxdraft may not getca dman taken till 18th or later but I think the dmen i this game are giving good account of themselves so maybectge scoutsxa bit underrated the abilities of the dmen in this draftcrop..
In particular Bob Mckenzie rated Oliver Bink as only #3O but Bonk has played very well in this game..3Oth is crazy ..hevisxatvkeast mod-first quality.
Also kotscofvhityibgvin this game..Not an all-star type loosexdefendibg large scoring game game..no...highly competitive and good defending and goaltending...not easy.

I was impressed byvRatzlaff in net for Canada atctge Hlinka Gretzky..but in Seattle he is only a back-uo atc17 to the older Thomas Milic in net.

So Ratzlaff supposedly onlyv6th best goalie rated forctge draft...but he looks great to me ..could easily be a great starting NHL goalie in future.

Scouts notororiously off on their predictions for goalies .. Ratzlaff could be better than the goalies ranked ahead of him.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Team White up 2-1 on a beautiful rush right up the middle and a lighting shot release that beats Team Red goalie scored by Carson Rehkopf.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Brayden Yageri ntercepts pass .leaves Bedard in the dust on break-away ..and hits the post.

Riley Heidt of Team Red hits his 2nd post of the game. he really has impressed.. but like Bedard tonight cannot buy a goal...posts or goalies making the saves ..

Now 3-1 Team White ...niceness from Nate Danielson to Luca Pinelli in slot ...shot and goal..

Last edited:

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
En goal for Team White ...And Bedard takes penalty after the goal..stillover 3 minutes remaining in the game .So Red on the pk ..no damage .. Bedard back out of the box...

1 minute remaining ...Zac Benson from the slot scores for Red on a nice pass from behind the net to him.

Final Score 4-2 for Team White...Big win for Seabrook ..wins game and no points for Bedard.

Players of The Game:

From Team Red: Riley Heidt..(1a)
For Tean White: Carson Rehkopf (3a)

2 most dangerous players of tge game ...generated most scoring chances:

1.Riley Heidt Team Red (1a;2 hit osts;1 failed Michigan,1 robbed by goalie...so could have had several goals...noticeable and impressive..

2 .ConnorcBedard...no points...but generated chances for himself and others..dynamic and electric...justca night when his shooting was off or goalies made sone saves on his shots and others could not finish his pass set ups.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
So the 2 under-hyped prospects that most caught my attention at last night's CHL NHL Top Prosoects Game were( C ) Riley Heidt (Prince George ,WHL) and Goalie Scott Ratzlaff (Seattle,WHL)....

Ratzlaff starred for Canada in net the Hlinka-Gretzky u-17 Tournament last August ...but hecisconky the back-uo goalie for Seattle because their #1goalie is tgevilder Thomas Milic...

Ratzlaff is onlyv6th in tge N.A. goalies ratings from NHL Ce trial Scouting for the 2023 fragrance.. but in thus Gane as he was at the Hlinka-Gretzky Tournament hexwas excelhentvstooingc24/25 shots in a half game of work...Several point-blank and high danger chance saves including stopping Heidt ona Michigan attempt.

It is hard to i believe there are 5 better N.A. goalie Prosoects than him...He looks lije a future NHL all star net minder to my eyes.

Riley Heidt surely helped his stock by standing out in this game..He created several good scoring chances both for himself and others...only got 1a but hit 2 posts...His Michigan attempt got stopped by Ratzlaff.
Lovedhis speed,skating,edges ,escape from coverage abilities..Aside from Bedard he was ahead if tge rest ifvtge class increasing scoring opportunities...Dangerous..Very good ability and I can see a lot of potential...thatchevpkayscona below. 590 winnibg% team improve George says hevis without a litvofvheko there ...If Hexwerevona better team his stats couldd be even better..
He was taken 2nd after Bedard in the WHK Bantam Draft and Brayden Yager was taken 3rdin tgat drFt before they entered WHL play...Heudt isc5'11 179 as listed now at age 17 and does not even 18 till kate March..

Yey Yager is rated 5-6 on most rankings and Heidt is mostly rated mid-first to late first looking at various ranking lists..but I think on the eyetest off this Top Prosoects Game he looks like a 5-10 Prosoect should..Maybe he ruses by tge Final rankings as Ivam sure scouts noticed how wekk he okayed vs the best of his age group peers frontage CGK leagues at this Game.
The Too Prosoects Game gives draft prosoects of the CHL leagues a chance to stand out from the pack. HEIDT grabbed that chance in my books.
Bob Mckenzie rated Heidt at #22in his mid-term ranking.. Craig Button has him higher at#17 SPRTSNET has hometown #15...but Ivcansay tgat NHK Central Scouting ranking him at only #26 N.A.sjater is crazy way too low.

He is at least mid-first and probably closer to a 6-10 type in terms of projecting hisceiling if he uses his abilities to the max.and ads more strength to his development..

His pace for a projected 68game WHL schedule is 30g 65 a=95 points....Given his excellent skating and elusiveness ther is no way thi prospect should be 26th N.A skater by Central Scouting...yes he is a - 17. But remenber he plays for a Prince George squad that only is at a .488 win%...So not a lot of talent to help him ...yet he still is on pave for 95 points...

.ironic that Connor Bedard's Regina team is a .523% win% yet is only in8th place (last playoff spot) in its Conference.. Yet in the other Conference Prince George sits 6th and could make the playoffs roundc there..

It would be crazy indeed if Regina misses the playoffs and Bedard is free to go to the World u18s but Heidt may not be there if his team gets to the playoffs despite a sub-.500 winning record..

I see in the Draft Situationr thread on this board tgere is a link to Daily Faceoff"s top 70 forvtge draft and they have Heidt higher than tge consensus at #12.. His highest ranking is from Dobberat #11....so thatvis wide range of opinion from #11 to #26 N.A. skater(Central Scouting)..

Last edited:

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Penn State plays back to back games agaibst Michigan at Michigan tonight and tomorrow night(Jan 27 and28th) in a battle of #6 vs #7 teams...The Saturday night game is on the Big Ten Network ...sobthise of you who get that channel can watch Adam Fantlli play for Michigan iin Saturday night prior to tge Hawks gane in Edmonton.

I still do not believe Hawks will get lucky and win Bedard intge lottery but maybe they get Fantilli if getat least 2nd best luck?

Scenarios for Hawks getting Fantilli :

1. Hawks finish last but drop only 1 after the2 lotto draws process.

2 .Hawks finish 2nd last but after lotto draws the 1 and 2 pre-lotto positions stay the same...so they pick 2nd.

3.Hawks finish 3rd or worse ....Last place team stays at#1 after first draw but Hawks win 2nd draw and move up to#2 pick.

It should be realized that if a team wins a lotto draw then it can only win 1 otger lotto draw in the next 4 years)...you can onlyvwon2 draws ina 5yr.period...
This applies to alk draws.. So itciscpisdibkexaxtean wins no draws in a 5 year span,or wins 2 draws in a 5 year span but both are only wins giving them the 2bd pick.
So the question is IF you win 2 lotto draws in back draft years would you say that is good luck or poor luck (because you then are guaranteed no chance at landing a #1even if for 5 consecutive years you stunk abd finished last to bottom 4 or 5 in 5 straight seasons?

A team could be bad for a long time and never get a#1 pick due to simple bad luck in the lotto draws ...and a team may be limited to onlya max. of 2 #2overall pucksin a 5 year span if those one via lotto wins ) ...however if a team gets the #1 or #2 after lotto because that is they finished pre-lotto and no team that finished higher than them moved up as high as #1or#2 ,then it IS possible for such team to win more than 2 #1s or 2 #2s over a 5 yr. span...

Example:
Say on 2023 draft lottery 16th place finisher wins 1st draw and moves upon spots and say 13th place finisher wins 2nddraw and moves up 10 spots ...in this rare scenario of 2vkongshots winning both draws,it does not change the positions of the last and 2nd ast place teans...
They would still draft at #1 and #2 resoectively...
In such a scenario then have not burned up 1 of tgere limiting allotment of #1or#2s via lotto win and so colld still get more than just 2 #1s or just 2 #2s in a 5vyear period...
However in the above scenario the 16th and 13th place teans WOULD burn 1 if their 2 lotto wins in 5 years allotment...limiting them to only 1 more chance to get a #1or#2 via lotto over tge next 4vmseasons eve if they got worse and dropped to last and 2nd lastvplace finishers.

So the limit of just 2 lotto wins in any 5 year period can produce sone very strange and almost unfair(as tovm rewarding bad teans) outcomes that perhaps thNHL did not think about when it concocted these limits.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Icehogs injury news

Garrett Mitchell out for the season shoulder injury

Buddy Robinson to miss 4 more weeks with a right wrist fracture

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
0ACDF0BF-A460-44CB-935C-DD6142A63A83.jpeg
202E9573-3A60-4553-8B4E-E8B657DD94E3.jpeg
5E098A5F-752B-49EB-A2B9-0175CF939E70.jpeg

Ass whooped again

Seney Gust Sikura and Slavin goals

Last edited:

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Rockford got bombed 7-4 by Milwaukee...even though vastly outshooting tthe Admirals ...problem was goaltending...Soderblom gave up 5g on just 15 shots shots before being pulled afterc2vpriods..Weekes cane I and gave up 2 more goals in the 3rd...Reichel had 2a but -2
..alot of minuses when goalies cannot stop a beach ball...Soderblom has not been good in his last few stats since he got back in the net after supposedly recovering from his injury..

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Big upset tonight as U Minnesota-Duluth beat #1 St Cloud Stae 5-3...Ben Steeves scored a natural hatty all on PPs assisted by 3 apples from Dominic James and 2apples from Wyatt Kaiser ..

Ryder Rolston had 2a and Landon Slaggert 1a as Notre Dame beat Wisconsin 5-3...

Boston U. beat Boston College 6-3 ...Ryan Greene 1a...

Taige Harding 2a as Providence lost 3-2..

Aidan Thompson 1a as Denver leads 2-0 in period 3 over Colorado College..

And in Fantasy Prospect scoring from the NCAA, ADAM FANTILLI 2g 2a in big 7-4 Michigan win over Penn St.

In Juniors scoring from Hawks prospects tonight:

Sam Savoie had 2 goals i and×1 n a big 11-6 win by his Gatineau Olympics tean over Val D'or

Ethan del Mastro had 3a and+4 in a Sarnia Sting 5-2 win over SOO Greyhounds

Gavin Hayes 1a in an 8-2loss by Flint to Missisauga.

Seattle leads Spokane 5-2 withvaboutc3 minutes left in 3rd period.....Nolan Allan 1g and Kevin Korchinski 1a so far in this gane..

In the USHL:

Sam Rinzel 1g 1a +3 as Waterloo wins.6-3 over Lincoln

Nils Juntiro 1a -1 as Dubuque loses 5-4 to USNDTP u17s 5-4...

FYI ...USNTDP u18s beat Bowling Green U. .6-3 .
.Will Smith 1 g 1a..Gabe Perreault 1g 1a ..Ryan Leonard and Oliver Moore also wracking up points...These guys all will be high first rounders the 2023 draft...and just to say this is not a great year for USNTDP because their highest ranked of this terrific crop of 2005 borns is not in the top 4 where all the hype is focused ,something has gone unsaid by the media...This u18s group from the USNTDP has set a record with 18 wins (so far) in exhibition games playing NCAA schools...NO other USNTDP u18s squad has EVER done as well as this group vs. NCAA teams...the closest any prior year u18 squad from the USNTDP achieved was just 14 wins! So they have already beaten the prior record by 4 more wins vs. College teans.
I am not sure if more games vs NCAA teams are still on their schedule or if it is only more games vs. UsHL juniors..but still what this group has already done is mind blowing vs. uch older College competition..there will be very good "consolation"prizes for NHL teams from this special group of talented u18s from the USNTP this draft.

Last edited:

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Seattle'scored 2 more goals since my post above...lead Spokane 7-2 now with half a period to go in the game..Korcjinski got another assist..so 2a now so far in this gane .

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
In tonight's NCAA games (Jan 28th) Drew Commesso stopped 40 of 41 shotscthatvhe faced to lead Boston U.to a 3-1win over Boston College...

Wyatt Kaiser had 2a and Dominic James had 1g(en) as Minn-Duluth upset St. Cloud State 6-3 again for a sweep of their back to back with them(they won 5-3 on Friday night).

Landon Slaggert had 1g and Ryder Rolston 1a as Notre Dame also won its back to back to back with Wisconsin,winning 3-1 tonight.

In Juniors

Ethan del Mastro scored his 8th goal of the season as Sarnia crushed Saginaw 8-2 in the OHL .

Nolan Allan scored 1g (his 8th of the season)and Kevin Korchinski had 1a but Seattle lost 5-2 to Portland in the WHL .and
Jaylen Luypen had 1 g 1a in atrocity 6-2win over Spokane ...

In the USHL:

Nils Juntorp had 1g 1a but Dubuque lost 5-4 inOT to the USNTDP u18s (fantasy prospect alert: Will Smith had 3g 1a and Gabe Perrault 3a as the dynamic duo linemates continue to pile up impressive numbers vs. Their opponents ...If the Hawks do not land Bedard or Fanrilli then I think I woukdvput Will Smith as tge next target over Carlsson abd Michkov...Smith is so consistently good driving his line and tge chemistry with Perrault is so good that Hawks should try to move up to mid -first using their picks quantity to grab him if we did take Smith if we end up picking 3rd or 4th...because Smith and Perrault together on a line works so well...scores so much).

Last edited:

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Will Smith is at the same 2 points per gane pace vs.USHL competionthat Jack Hughes put up in his draft year ..

In any other draft year Will Smith woukd go#1overall justvlije Hughesxdid(only Smith is bigger....6'0 vs.5''10....and better defensively..and more versatile...you can aksobyse hom on the pk as well as pp and evens as tge #1C...

.of course Bedard is geberational and Hughes and Smith merely elite stars but not generationsl lije Bedardvor McDavid..

But my point is I am not sure Will Smith is right there if not ahead of Fantilli as the next brst prospect after Bedard...He has earned the discussion to be considered if he is better than carlsdon or Michkov to build a team with to drive your scoring.

Does anyone think Carlsson will be a 109+ points giyvlije Jack Hughes is on pace for?Does anyone think Fantill coukd be a 100+points guy?or Michkov(who is nitceven a center)?

But the oiubtvis...Smith us matching Jack Hughes pace vs USHK conoerition...so you have a comparable measure to assess Smith vs.Highes and tgdir ceilings..

Neither will pit uo 150+points in tge NHL when mature like McDavudcus on pace for...but I do not think the Hawks would nit be very happy with a "consolation prize" of a 100+ ceiling guy like Hughes is be this seadinin the NHL if heplays remaining games.. I am notcsure if Carksdon or Michkov ever becomes a 199+points giyv...but Smith looks kije he coukd do what Hughes is doing...Doesvitcdiferentky but tgexstats back up this projection..

Can Fantiilli be a 100 pts guy or will he settle as a 80+ guy?
He certainly is tearing up the NCAA but there is a lot less games to pkayvin a week than in Juniors...so notcasxtaxibg on the body..

Still...most consensus is that if you find an elite Big Center you grab that...too hardcti find.

So as with the consensus ranking,I will go with Fantilli at #2 after Bedard is taken at #1 but I will put Will Smith aheadv fofCarlsson and Michkov or anyone else as the 3rd best prisoectvi this draft..

I am just unsure of what Carlsson's ceiling is...Maybe it will be clearer by next season ...
And with Michkov you are supposed to get tge bestRusduan draft eligibkex goal scorer since Ovechkin..but hevysxaxshromo...Ovechkin is a big winger...so if tge bat size issue ...not to mention tge 3 more seasons after the draft wait before he can cone affter his KHL cobtract ends ,or even if even he can leave Russia to transfer to the NHL then?

So in my opinion the Hawjs should take Smith if they do not get Bedard or Fantilli...

I am not sayong Carlsdon or Michkov will bust...but just that you will get lots of production from your top 2 lines if Smith and Nezar ate the 1C and 2Cs...Yourt lines willbe driven to score lots.

I do think you need to graban elite Cto add to Nezar ..ifvut t is Bedard( or Fantilli we of course hope...But if no,t Smith is not chickeneed.He would be a #1 equal to Hughes in any other draft that did nott have Bedard and Fantilli.

Still would take Fantill 2nd overall because a Big more physical C is ideal in combo with a smaller skilled C like Nezar ...but if you do not get your big elite C, then having an average size 6 ft size C who is even better than Nezar is nota bad option...you get a 1-2 center combo driving offense of your top 2 lines...Smith is a fantastic consolation prize abd may actually be tge next brst points producer after Bedard intbis draft.

It has been said Smith is good at everything but not elite in any 1 aspect ....well he is elite scoring points ,responsible defensively, maybe the best slot passer in the draft, ekite hockey IQ,wekk above average in skating aspects,high compete level...it is just hard not to see him as #1worthy if this draft did not contain a generational like Bedard (who is not a great defensive C...but who cares because the puck in the o-zone so much when he is on) ..
Fantilli and Carksdon represent the Big C prizes so rare to draft ...socouts have to project then as must grabs ahead od smaller Cs unless the smaller Cs are generational like Bedard is.
.so you need to realize if it was Hughes in place of Smith this draft crop he too probably gets ranked behindc the 2 Big Cs Fantilli and Carlsson for pro projection celing..
I am just less certain about what Carlsson's NHL ceiling but Ifeel very confident Smith can match Jack Hughes ceilingof production as an NHL pro.

Bedard=McD value=Generational
Fantilli and Carlsson = Draisaitl value (they hope)
Smith = Jack Hughes value expeot Smith isxa mich better 2 way player ...better defensively with equal offensive ability.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Lukas Reichel slumping...O goals in lsst 7 AHL games pkayed ...only 4a in that span and 2 came in 1 game ..so just not geberating offense thus slump.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Today(Jan.29th) just another day at the office for Connor Bedard.....3g 1a(on the GWG) abd STILL 3rd period to pkay...can you realize how sad we all will feel when Hawks do not o get the luck and do not get him in the lotto draw?
How envious we will feel towards the team that that does get him with lotto luck?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad