Seney and Reichel goals

Roos Phillips Clandening assists
4816D94D-D78B-4140-900D-2CA04802779D.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Giovi

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Consolation Prize 4 Generational 0

Tonight 1g 3a for Adam Fantilli in 6-2 Michigan pounding of Wisconsin...and it finally happened...Connor Bedard held POINTLESS...yes you heard correctly...POINTLESS ...tonight... but his Regina team still beat Lethbeidge 3-2...Bedard had just 3 shots on goal and was -1 ...I guess even Generationals have nights "off" occasionally.. ..

Last edited:

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Ethan Del Mastro had only 1a and was only +2 but his Sarnia Sting bombed the SOO 12-1..
Strange..even if only involved on the scoresheet for 1 of the 12 goals his team scored you would think he would be on shift for more than 1of the 10 ES goals Sarnia scored given his high minutes played and that he would be more likely +4 or +5 on such a night ...but not tonight..just strange they scored 10 of their 12 goals when he was not on a shift..

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Scouts already drooling over 4 yr old Russian phenom...Today i at Washington Caputals practice Alex Ovechkin's 4yr. old son Sergei, scores his first goal on NHL goalie (on Darcy Kuemper)...then in all-star game skills night he scores on a break-away assisted by Crosby and
his dad, Alex Ovechkin...
iBob Mckenzie akleady has the kid ranked #1overall ln 2037 draft.

Last edited:

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
846B4964-B597-4E93-B00D-DD619DC37E13.jpeg
D5C1E710-7C70-4C28-9BD2-850081DF591E.jpeg

Hogs win 3-2 in overtime

Goals Galvas Seney Lynch
Assists Roos Philp Gust Clandening Galvas and Guttman
86E53B40-CC47-4BC3-9262-B90F09481E05.jpeg

Last edited:

plasmonresonance

Jul 28, 2015

Hawks are top 5

Wheeler had Hawks at #25 last year. Based on his top 100 prospects of 2022, the Blackhawks added:
#11 Nazar
#17 Korchinski
#52 Rinzel
#63 Ludwinski
#71 Greene
#86 James
#97 Hayes
Guessing he bumped up his thoughts on Phillips, Kaiser, Allan, DelMastro from last year and had to add Savoie, maybe Thompson. i still wouldn't have expected a jump from #25 into the top 5. He must see some bona fide top line or first pairing d-men talent.

Idionym

Apr 6, 2015
Chicago
Allan should be in group 2
He was an honorable mention:

Also considered were 2021 first-round pick Nolan Allan (the final cut and someone I pulled my hair over, because I do see some potential top-six value there), Rockford IceHogs defenseman Alec Regula (who has played NHL games and was the second-last cut), towering Providence sophomore defenseman Taige Harding (who I’m fascinated by), Flint Firebirds forward Gavin Hayes (who I like), University of Minnesota-Duluth sophomore Dominic James (who I like), Tri-City Americans forward Jalen Luypen (who I like), 20-year-old Denver Freshman Aidan Thompson, Notre Dame junior Landon Slaggert, Liiga standout Antti Saarela, Gatineau Olympiques worker Samuel Savoie, and St. Cloud State transfer-turned-breakout-goaltender Dominic Basse.

You could easily swap Allan or Regula, or even Harding, Hayes or James, out for any of the final five who made the list. This was a difficult group to whittle down to just 15 and I’m not certain I got it right.

Larmer83

I'm taking the high road moving forward.
May 13, 2018
Lakewood, CO
Allan should be in group 2
Maybe. What may give Allan some real value is playing his off side. Seems to me he was put there during the Hawks pre-season camp and exhibition games and now with Seattle. It helps separate him from the LHD prospects not named Korchinski.

In no particular order:

Phillips
Vlasic
Del Mastro
Kaiser
Others

There's a real possibility that none of the above(Except Korchinski) amount to a good 2nd pairing NHL defenseman. Or not.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
So I went through the game logs for Will Smith this season looking only at the games gevpkayrd vs.NCAA teams to get a comparison to Fantilli who only plays vs. The NCAA and not juniors like Smith does with the other part of the USNTFP u18 schedule...

To date:
.. Smith has 12g 16a in 20GP vs.NCAA to date ...so G/PG =. .60 ...P/PG = 1.4

...Fantilli has 17g 28a in 24GP vs. NCAA
G/PG = .70....P/PG = 1.6

HOWEVER ...While Smith has the advantage of playing with basically the best alk star team of his age group,Fantilli has the advantage of playing with a much older age group at Michigan which is more able to be physically more mature to handle tgevilder level of competition of men intte NCAA..

So it is hard to compare directly the 2 players for production vs similar competition from NCAA level hockey...
In an earkiervpisyI compared their D-1 draft years a season ago vs. The USHL competition level and Smith was better than Fantilli...but then Fantilli was on just 1 good USHL team(Chicago Steel) while Smith had the advantage of the brst USA alk star team fron the u17 USNTDP ..

So again hard to exactly compare the two given these factors which differentiate tge talent level ofvthecteanscthey played for.

Obviously though...whike both are centers,Fantilli has a big size advantage and is the faster skater...but Smith has much better hockey sense ..

So if we do nit get Bedard Ian hapoy still if our consolation prize is onevofvthesex2ccebters...

As for Leo Carlsdon,I justcdo nkt have as goid a handle on him..my concern is can he drivecavkine like FNtilli or Carlsson as a C?

Maybe his position wilkbe a big powrcwinger?I am just uncertain..Maybe he gad the ceiling forca big C who drivrsxabkine ..but Ivam just notcsure.
So if we do not get Bedard but draft 2nd..the Fantilli there..but if we draft 3rd ?...Should we gamble on Carlsson as a C who drives a line ? OR maybe teans drafting at #4 or #5 would want to risk on that to move up 1 or 2 spots to get him or to get Michkov?Maybe we get Smith anyway by moving down 1 or 2 spots?

eg.Team draftingat #4 wants Carlsson..offers us the #4 plus a 2nd to get him?
Team #5 then wants Michkov and offers us #5 and 2nd to get him.
Or Team drafting at #5 wants to move to #3 to get Carlsson and offers the #5 and a 2nd to get him...Team drafting4th then takes Michkov leaving us Smith anyway at #5.
Sure ...whike Carlsdon isca Big forward...justcnitcsurevufvhusxNHL careercuszat C or W...

Hawks still cannot knowvidxReichel is bestxatxC or W...so I think we must get axtruexC who can driveca kine...which is why if we do not get Bedard or Fantilli ,we shoukd target Smith but see if we can move down i1 or 2 spots and get another 2nd or maybe 2 extra 2ns for 2 moves down a spot each Hopefully teams drafting 4th and 5th if we draft 3rd after lotto have 2023 seconds to offer as the swetener to move up..
If we can manage that then we shall have our own early 2nd rounder plus 1 or maybe 2 other 2nd rounders in consecutive oisitjin from #35,#36and maybe also #37...we can package 2 of these picks or our TB first rounder plus 1 of these early 2nds to move up earlier back into the first round to get a target we want ...eg. move the TB pick up in round 1 or just add 1 more first for by packaging 2 of our 2nds to achieve that ...

Targets that will not or may not last to where our TB 1st draft spot is:

. Myles Wood (= 14-17?).
.Riley Heidt (= 15-17?)
.Gabriel Perrault (=18-23?)

So probably none of these are left if we do not move up form our 2nd 1st rounder (our TB pick slot)
Possibly renaining if we keep the TB 1st:

. Koehn Zimmer (24-30?)
.Oliver Bonk (RD) (24-30?)

Target for either our own 2nd rounder or other early 2nds we have from moving down from #3spot:;

.Carl Rehkopf...(Player of the game atTop Prospects Game...C...Kitchener Rangers ...fits profile of very good fast skater tgat Davidson wants ...looks like heis coming on strong in 2nd half...only issue with hom is he is not goodk on draws.. Hasxa goidcshot...But not on a goidcteam so numbers not as good as would bebon a better team ...Consensus is earky 40s lpick butvI would take him earlier in 35-37 range as our 1st pick in round 2.

Idionym

Apr 6, 2015
Chicago
Maybe. What may give Allan some real value is playing his off side. Seems to me he was put there during the Hawks pre-season camp and exhibition games and now with Seattle. It helps separate him from the LHD prospects not named Korchinski.

In no particular order:

Phillips
Vlasic
Del Mastro
Kaiser
Others

There's a real possibility that none of the above(Except Korchinski) amount to a good 2nd pairing NHL defenseman. Or not.
FWIW, he has Del Mastro projecting as a top-4 guy and has Rinzel ahead of Del Mastro (with the understanding that Rinzel is a high-risk high-reward and Del Mastro is lower ceiling but more likely to hit), so in theory we have a top-pairing prospect and two top-4 guys.

Reactions: Muffinalt

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Artur Kayumov 1g 1a today in 4-0 Lokomotiv win over Sochi...Michkov pointless again today

.and Ilya Safonov had 1g in a 5-1 win for AkBars...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad